Preview Round 10: St Kilda vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Who the **** is Steve Morris and why do you guys keep obsessively mentioning him?

Spitting I missed the 2008 game where Milney kicked 7. I had a prior engagement. My mother and sister said it was the best game they ever went to.

All I've heard from the media this week is how Richmond have "arrived" and will overtake the "slow old" Saints.

If you're wondering why the media is talking you up as opposed to kicking you into the dirt as they have done for the past ten years, it's because they like kicking US into the dirt more.

That's what I was trying to say. No trolling.

There's nothing the media love more than pumping up the Tigers tyres a little so they can stick the boot in when it (in the past hopefully) invariably goes pear shaped. Even more so than giving it to the Saints - despite recent evidence to the contrary. For us it's not the last 10 years - it's the last 30.

I'd love (almost) nothing more than to see the Saints win another flag. Hopefully tonight will just be a hiccup in the road to your famous second. :thumbsu:

Who the **** is Steve Morris and why do you guys keep obsessively mentioning him?

Spitting I missed the 2008 game where Milney kicked 7. I had a prior engagement. My mother and sister said it was the best game they ever went to.

Serious: mature age recruit who has been one of the key pieces in taking our back line to a competitive place. Son of a Tiger dual premiership player. One of the best 20+ YO pick ups in the last few years - has seamlessly transitioned to AFL level footy.

Not Serious: the guy who's going to make Milne think its 2009. :)

It's been interesting in the build up this week of the tigers comments on Milne

Recent results show why:

2008 7 goals 3 behinds

2009 0 goals o behinds

2010 5 goals 5 behinds

2011 4 goals 7 behinds

I hope Milney has another huge night out tonight
So by that downward trend he's looking at around 3 goals 9?

What happened in 2009?

yea Steven is playing, you don't put out stuff about player if late change!!

@stkildafc: FREE FRIDAY WALLPAPER!
Download this week's Jack Stev3n wallpaper for your desktop, iPhone or iPad now... http://t.co/UBB1qBan

So by that downward trend he's looking at around 3 goals 9?

What happened in 2009?

I'm not sure he even played, but I think he did.

He was carrying a knee injury and having lots of problems with it through the middle of 2009. That and the fact that everyone has a quiet game from time to time. It was good for him to have one in a ten goal win, I guess.

I agree that the media is pumping Richmond up so they can sink it in, though. But here's the rub: No matter what, they will undermine both teams afterwards.

St Kilda wins, and all the knives will go into Richmond. They will bash the Tigers and write them off. But then they will turn on us and undermine our win - saying that we "only" beat Richmond, and that Richmond have turned out to be not any good at all and that we haven't proven anything about ourselves.

Richmond wins, and it's the opposite. We'll get bashed, written off, "Season Over" (every loss we had last year was "Season Ending" which is funny because only one of them actually was) plastered all over our name. Richmond will be undermined as being "scrappy" no matter how the game played out, beating "bottom 10" team St Kilda in a dour affair or whatever. They will write us off as quality opposition, illustrating that you haven't done anything impressive by beating us.

I hate the media. You may have noticed.

I think Steven will be a late out. watched him last week as he grabbed his hammy over and over after the game

unless somoene has seen him do full training, ill be convinced he's a late out.

jack plays: i have us by 11

jack doesn't: tigers by abou the same

Who goes on BJ for them? They don't have a matchup

I'm not sure he even played, but I think he did.

He was carrying a knee injury and having lots of problems with it through the middle of 2009. That and the fact that everyone has a quiet game from time to time. It was good for him to have one in a ten goal win, I guess.
True, we sucked balls early in 2009.

I agree that the media is pumping Richmond up so they can sink it in, though. But here's the rub: No matter what, they will undermine both teams afterwards.

St Kilda wins, and all the knives will go into Richmond. They will bash the Tigers and write them off. But then they will turn on us and undermine our win - saying that we "only" beat Richmond, and that Richmond have turned out to be not any good at all and that we haven't proven anything about ourselves.

Richmond wins, and it's the opposite. We'll get bashed, written off, "Season Over" (every loss we had last year was "Season Ending" which is funny because only one of them actually was) plastered all over our name. Richmond will be undermined as being "scrappy" no matter how the game played out, beating "bottom 10" team St Kilda in a dour affair or whatever. They will write us off as quality opposition, illustrating that you haven't done anything impressive by beating us.

Agree, you could write the headlines now LJ. The extent of the the loss either way will depict the harshness of the content within.

Fess up - you're James Packer right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watters really enforced the 'top 25' for Newnesy and 'pushing towards senior selection'.

Late out maybe? Kinda sucks to rev the kid up with selection and all this talk about him and then pull him out so I hope he's playing.

Leaving for the game soon, can't wait :D

Hoping for a high scoring match. Could be a real shootout!

Serious: mature age recruit who has been one of the key pieces in taking our back line to a competitive place. Son of a Tiger dual premiership player. One of the best 20+ YO pick ups in the last few years - has seamlessly transitioned to AFL level footy.

Not Serious: the guy who's going to make Milne think its 2009. :)

Not forgetting the job he done on Cyril last week and at the same time kicked one of the good goals of the year running of half back. Milne will have his work cutout tonight

Scotty Watters is a breath of fresh air, in comparison to Lyon..

He has the ability to instill confidence & self belief across the whole list, & not just the senior guys..

Might explain why our bottom six oner the last few years, often struggled to string together three or four very good matches..ie Mini, Bally etc

Have got a soft spot for the Tiger's & enjoy their style & believe next year they'll be top 4..

But i like others, see this year as very open, injuries, available personnel, & significant luck will have a major say this year..!

Carn the Saints....!!!!

I must admit have enjoyed all the Tigers supporters in here this week

Of course still want to flog you tonight, but I do hope the rest of your season goes from strength to strength

Watters really enforced the 'top 25' for Newnesy and 'pushing towards senior selection'.

Late out maybe? Kinda sucks to rev the kid up with selection and all this talk about him and then pull him out so I hope he's playing.

Leaving for the game soon, can't wait :D

Hoping for a high scoring match. Could be a real shootout!

I get a feeling that Watters picks a 25 on the Thursday and narrows it down from there, and that his final side isn't the one he gives to the media.

If Newnes is a late change, (wouldn't surprise me) I'd say he would have been told that he wasn't going to play yesterday. Otherwise I could see a few players getting annoyed very quickly (such as Ledger, who was a late out twice in the first three weeks)

I wish I was going tonight as well, but I can't make it unfortunately. I'm quietly confident, particularly as it's at Etihad. A lot of talk about the Tigers midfield this week - I heard someone tip Richmond because "their midfield will be too much for the Saints". Their mids have been playing well, but I know I'd rather Lenny, Dal, Montagna, Steven, Armitage etc to play tonight.

But I guess we'll see :thumbsu:

I must admit have enjoyed all the Tigers supporters in here this week

Of course still want to flog you tonight, but I do hope the rest of your season goes from strength to strength

I'll +1 this one.

St Kilda vs. Richmond is always my favourite Home & Away game of the year. Always a fantastic match with a fantastic crowd and atmosphere. Great fans on both sides.

All the best after tonight.

NO CHANGE to Saints. Arryn Siposs is sub

Cant remember the last time I was this nervous for a H+A game. Even the super clash with Geelong in 09 wasn't as nerve racking because we had September to think about.

Really feels like one of those defining games. Can the Saints hold off the young challenger? Can Richmond back up last weeks effort?

How many people's heads will explode if it's a draw?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 10: St Kilda vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back