Round 10 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My defence is Deledio, Goddard, Waters, Scotland, Clarke, Grimes, Malceski, Dempsey, Ellis.

I want to downgrade one of the Round 12 bye players to either Sam Shaw or Sam Darley.

The questions are these:

1. Who do I downgrade.
2. Who do I trade in.
3. When do I do the trade.

I have 9 trades remaining (after a Kennedy to Johnson trade). After moving Johnson to my backline for Smedts, I have enough cash to upgrade Bugg to a premium to complete my defence.

Bugg to Enright +52k, or Bugg to Waters and 1.5k? Or trade for someone else.

I know this leaves me running dangerously low with 8 trades, but after it I only have one upgrade left in my mids, and two in my forward line. If Treloar does well enough may keep him as my 7th forward meaning only one upgrade there.

Leaning towards Waters, as getting both Waters and Johnson in gives me 5 of the current 6 best scoring defenders on avg, which just looks damn good aesthetically, especially when the only one I don't have of that group is out injured (Shaw). Waters hammys worry me though.

considering i have 3 mid priced who are missing next week and have basically topped out, plus one ruckman who is still injured and his replacement is flying, my trades this week are as follows :

out mcintosh & hargrave

in pyke & darley

and next week :

out bugg & porplyzia

in ??.....more rookies.

this raises over $1m for trades in round 12, bringing in players who byed in round 11 eg dangerfield/boyd/thompson to replace those missing round 12. a similiar process follows in round 13, buying round 12 bye players like beams/swan/stanton/watson/chapman.

yes i wont have many trades left after this process, but the team will be finalised, with plenty of playing subs to hopefully survive the rest of the year.

Went Porplyzia > Sexton and Morris > Scotland.

How many more upgrades does everyone think I need to complete my team?

I'm thinking about 2-3?

B - Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, Broughton, Malceski, Lake, Dempsey

(Ellis, Spurr)

M - Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Thompson, Barlow, Horsley

(McDonald, A.Kennedy)

R - McIntosh, Giles

(Stepenson, Redden)

F - Franklin, Chapman, Sidebottom, Martin, Zaharakis, Dangerfield, Zorko

(Sexton, Hall)

THoughts? Opinions? :eek::thumbsu:

still no hmac. :eek: how far away is he?

gee, Judd_Magic, you'll be struggling in defense in Rd12 and 13. 4 missing from Rd12 and 4 again in Rd13.

Done my trades. Bower to Hurn and Milera to O'Keefe. RO'K should be a pretty decent POD. Back to full fitness now, and just hitting some form SC wise and nicely priced. :thumbsu:

Went Porplyzia > Sexton and Morris > Scotland.

How many more upgrades does everyone think I need to complete my team?

I'm thinking about 2-3?

B - Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, Broughton, Malceski, Lake, Dempsey

(Ellis, Spurr)

M - Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Thompson, Barlow, Horsley

(McDonald, A.Kennedy)

R - McIntosh, Giles

(Stepenson, Redden)

F - Franklin, Chapman, Sidebottom, Martin, Zaharakis, Dangerfield, Zorko

(Sexton, Hall)

THoughts? Opinions? :eek::thumbsu:

5 - one in defence, 2 in the mids, 1 ruck & 1 forward.

the ruck could be disputed but ire ckon there are 3+ rucks that'll average more than hmac and giles by years end

Bit of a dilemma.

Was going to go D.Smith to Beams.
However with Shaw out and my rookie forwards (Smith, Treloar, Adams) scoring well, now I'm thinking Morris to Enright.

Problem is it still leaves with with too many GWS players in my forward line next week and there are not many downgrade options...

Looking for a bit of help with my next 2 trades. I've still got 16 left and have $572k in the bank, so can make some big upgrades in the coming weeks. I'm just not sure what to do this week, my team is as follows:

DEFENDERS
1. DELEDIO, Brett [MID]
2. GODDARD, Brendon [MID]
3. CLARKE, Marty
4. MALCESKI, Nick
5. LAKE, Brian
6. BIRCHALL, Grant
7. ELLIS, Brandon
8. SHAW, Heath
9. SPURR, Lee

MIDFIELDERS
10. WATSON, Jobe
11. SELWOOD, Joel
12. ABLETT, Gary
13. CONIGLIO, Stephen
14. HORSLEY, Kyal
15. ZORKO, Dayne [FWD]
16. SWAN, Dane
17. SMITH, Devon [FWD]

RUCKS
18. GILES, Jonathan
19. NAITANUI, Nic
20. STEPHENSON, Orren
21. REDDEN, Jarrad

FORWARDS
22. SIDEBOTTOM, Steele [MID]
23. FRANKLIN, Lance
24. ZAHARAKIS, David [MID]
25. LEWIS, Jordan [MID]
26. PORPLYZIA, Jason
27. ADAMS, Taylor [MID]
28. DICKSON, Tory
29. PFEIFFER, Darren [MID]
30. HALL, Aaron

I was thinking I should upgrade Porps but it seems like there are a lot of different things I can do. Any help on potential trades would be great.

Bugg >>> Darley
Morris >>> Enright

Leaving 350k in the bank. Probably upgrade Smith or Dickson next week to a premium forward. Then will be looking to upgrade Horsley to Priddis after the round 11 bye.

Looking for a bit of help with my next 2 trades. I've still got 16 left and have $572k in the bank, so can make some big upgrades in the coming weeks. I'm just not sure what to do this week, my team is as follows:

DEFENDERS
1. DELEDIO, Brett [MID]
3. CLARKE, Marty
4. MALCESKI, Nick
5. LAKE, Brian
6. BIRCHALL, Grant
7. ELLIS, Brandon
8. SHAW, Heath
9. SPURR, Lee

MIDFIELDERS
10. WATSON, Jobe
11. SELWOOD, Joel
12. ABLETT, Gary
13. CONIGLIO, Stephen
14. HORSLEY, Kyal
15. ZORKO, Dayne [FWD]
16. SWAN, Dane
17. SMITH, Devon [FWD]

RUCKS
18. GILES, Jonathan
19. NAITANUI, Nic
20. STEPHENSON, Orren
21. REDDEN, Jarrad

FORWARDS
23. FRANKLIN, Lance
25. LEWIS, Jordan [MID]
26. PORPLYZIA, Jason
27. ADAMS, Taylor [MID]
28. DICKSON, Tory
30. HALL, Aaron

I was thinking I should upgrade Porps but it seems like there are a lot of different things I can do. Any help on potential trades would be great.

Ellis to Darley would be the only trade i would do if i was you, rest of rookies will still make cash this week, gives you 700K to make 2 or 3 upgrades next week. (ps damm good position to be in, nice job)

DEFENDERS
1. DELEDIO, Brett [MID]
3. CLARKE, Marty
4. MALCESKI, Nick
5. LAKE, Brian
6. BIRCHALL, Grant
7. ELLIS, Brandon
8. SHAW, Heath
9. SPURR, Lee

MIDFIELDERS
10. WATSON, Jobe
11. SELWOOD, Joel
12. ABLETT, Gary
13. CONIGLIO, Stephen
14. HORSLEY, Kyal
15. ZORKO, Dayne [FWD]
16. SWAN, Dane
17. SMITH, Devon [FWD]

RUCKS
18. GILES, Jonathan
19. NAITANUI, Nic
20. STEPHENSON, Orren
21. REDDEN, Jarrad

FORWARDS
23. FRANKLIN, Lance
25. LEWIS, Jordan [MID]
26. PORPLYZIA, Jason
27. ADAMS, Taylor [MID]
28. DICKSON, Tory
30. HALL, Aaron

I would look at upgrading Coniglio to perhaps Dal Santo this week or another round 13 premium. Adams might be worth looking at for a forward upgrade as well. Probably a round 12 bye player. Chapman, Beams, ROK could be viable options for you. Have fun with all that cash :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My defence is Deledio, Goddard, Waters, Scotland, Clarke, Grimes, Malceski, Dempsey, Ellis.

I want to downgrade one of the Round 12 bye players to either Sam Shaw or Sam Darley.

The questions are these:

1. Who do I downgrade.
2. Who do I trade in.
3. When do I do the trade.

Bit of a dilemma.

However with Shaw out and my rookie forwards (Smith, Treloar, Adams) scoring well, now I'm thinking Morris to Enright.

Problem is it still leaves with with too many GWS players in my forward line next week and there are not many downgrade options...[/quote

I dont trust enright just doesnt seem to be his 120point self, its the lack of rookies to downgrade to that is hurting.
Devon to beams looks like a massive win, with Shaw and Swan being out the likes of Beams and sidebum have to push deeper into defence, hence more possessions etc etc.

If Shaw wasnt out what would you do? eg: build for the year not for this week

.[/quote

I dont trust enright just doesnt seem to be his 120point self, its the lack of rookies to downgrade to that is hurting.
Devon to beams looks like a massive win, with Shaw and Swan being out the likes of Beams and sidebum have to push deeper into defence, hence more possessions etc etc.

Good advice (as usual) Enrights price point is what makes him tempting, for his scoring potential he's the best value guy at the moment. That being said with Spurr on the bench scoring nothing it's probably best to hold my back the back rookies I have right now. I'll stick with Greene - Dal, Smith - Beams. Thanks.

What's Sexton's job security like? Probably going to downgrade Magner this week, i don't think he can get his b/e lol
What are your thoughts on Kennedy (GWS) Hold onto him and hope he plays next week or let him go this week? I still need to get rid of one of Treloar/Smith/Adams, altho i'm thinking Treloar and Smith are good enough to stay in the side for a bit longer as F7/M6.

Reasonably settled on:

Bower > Scotland.

Bower's topped out, Scotland's bottomed out, and although it hurts my byes it's no worse than Waters. Uncontroversial.

Adams > Johnson.

Couldn't bring myself to pay top dollar for Sidebottom. Smith has better job security than Adams so he gets a reprieve. Johnson has the best record for 90+ point games this year for bye 12 forwards save for Sidebottom. It was really a coin toss between him and Crameri, but the DPP lets me play Johnson back this week, so put Zorko on the field instead of Ellis.

What's Sexton's job security like? Probably going to downgrade Magner this week, i don't think he can get his b/e lol
What are your thoughts on Kennedy (GWS) Hold onto him and hope he plays next week or let him go this week? I still need to get rid of one of Treloar/Smith/Adams, altho i'm thinking Treloar and Smith are good enough to stay in the side for a bit longer as F7/M6.

Kennedy out next week with the bye, was going to hold onto him until the bye and possibly further but with the position im in I've had to move him on

Bit of a dilemma.

Problem is it still leaves with with too many GWS players in my forward line next week and there are not many downgrade options...[/quote

Build for year

Kennedy out next week with the bye, was going to hold onto him until the bye and possibly further but with the position im in I've had to move him on
Fail lol i was thinking that the byes for gws were the week after...
Yeah looks like i'll get rid of him too! Shame he hasn't risen as much as the others in price.

I've changed my mind about 10000 times this week on what to do and am still no closer to making a final decison and I'm asking for some help.

This is my current team:

Backs:
Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Shaw, Lake, Birchall, Hargrave (Ellis, Spurr)
Mids:
Pendles, J.Selwood, Mitchell, Barlow, Coniglio, Horsley (A.Kennedy, J Mac)
Ruck:
Giles, Roughead (Stephenson, Redden)
Forwards:
Dangerfield, Franklin, Chapman, Lewis, Martin, Porpus, Treloar (D.Smith, Zorko)

13 trades and $454,200 in the bank.

I'm tossing up whether to make 2 trades this week which would be
Coniglio > JPK
Porpus > Beams/Robinson

or one trade
Coniglio > Ablett

My theory with the Ablett trade is that I definitely want him by the end of the year but I could get JPK/Boyd/Watson/Swan as my last midfield trade and could make a choice at round 12 (Will be trading out Horsley for my final Mid upgrade) depending on price/form/injuries. But I'm still not sold that Ablett is 100% fit after last week and therefore may have another couple of terrible games where he only get 110-120 and I could make him my final upgrade for $50k cheaper than what he currently is.

Sorry for the longwinded message but it's been going through my head all week and I really need help (with this trade and with my supercoach addiction).

Wasn't planning on trading this week but Adam Kennedy simply has to go. If not this week then next week for sure. Struggling to decide who to downgrade to though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back