Round 12 Discussion (Keg on legs Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That depends on the players maturity, but also how deep a team's midfield bats

Ablett today ....83%
Cotchin ...........75%
Wines .............65%
Rockcliff ..........73%
Cunnington ......74%

So a young player like Taranto, with a small # of pre-seasons ....70% is about right

Those %'s are abnormally low for this round and much lower than their season & career average TOG's but you would know that.

70% is first season low.

didnt know Taranto was one of the best mids in the comp

guy is still 20 years old, so his tank isnt as good as the others, so the 70% TOG is pretty good for him IMO
yoda-gif-13.gif

Those %'s are abnormally low for this round and much lower than their season & career average TOG's but you would know that.

70% is first season low.
Actually i study more the Crows ......a lot of our midfielders ave around that 70%

He's not ...but no player is !

But Lynch in a good side will be much much better ......but in today's footy IMHO the midfielder is much more valuable than the KPP

I hear this all the time, but there are no facts that support it. He is much more likely to kick more goals in a struggling team as they would go to him 25-35% of the time where as better teams have multiple forward options to choose from. It's not like the old days where everyone just bombs it to the KP forward. He would be lucky to kick 40-50 in a top 4 team.

I hear this all the time, but there are no facts that support it. He is much more likely to kick more goals in a struggling team as they would go to him 25-35% of the time where as better teams have multiple forward options to choose from. It's not like the old days where everyone just bombs it to the KP forward. He would be lucky to kick 40-50 in a top 4 team.
I don't disagree with that view .....what's a good goal tally these days .....60'S ?

Hardly worth $1.5M ..............I'd put his salary at the same as WC's Kennedy ...& that would be no-where near even a $1M

But that's where my view is that the AFL clubs are not as professional as they believe ....they spend beyond their means & like monopoly $$$

I'm convinced that Stuart Dew is a tanking troll. Why the hell would he leave his best inside mid (Lyons) in the two's for weeks on end and play 3/4 of these spuds ahead of him?

So that Will Brodie gets a game. The Suns have already had the bye so Brodie could be a good rookie to bring in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ehhh. Going to take Danger C. Can see Gawn going sub 100. Both Gawn and Grundy scored poorly rd 23

Ive said it once Ive said it a dozen times this year, wind GCS up, **** it off and go to Tassie!

I would love to see a team in Tas too, but moving them there isn’t going to magically make them a good team. They need incredible work, Melbourne style, to recover, regardless of home base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back