Round 12 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
last upgrades are doing my head in....
Dixon this week $523k or
macrae r14 around $470k
not Dixon. there's too much of a gap between his best and worst. he may average low - mid 90's if you're lucky but the weeks when he pumps out 60's are going to kill you in league matchups.
worth a gamble at his starting price but that ship has sailed.

Any suggestions? Got 12 trades and 223k in the bank. I'm sitting about 13k overall, so that's not a factor. Looking for cash a league win.

Yeo should be in the fwd line for Greenwood.

Want Lloyd and Laird, but both a primed for falls, Lloyd seriously for the next 2 weeks.. After the byes I'm expecting to spend 100k on Stewart to get Lloyd and then the rest on Otten to Laird.

Guy I'm playing this week looks in a bit of trouble, so should I even bother doing anything this week? or just wait to move WHE or Taranto (or both) next week and pull money out of SPP or Barrett to ensure I can still do the back line upgrades after the byes.

NWFUGWP.jpg

SPP > Cousins
EVW > Hibberd
WHE > Dahlhaus

After being ready to rage trade Sandi for Dahlhaus instead of WHE, I'm going to hold him. He was always missing next week anyway, so after that he will have had a good month's rest and will hopefully come back firing for the second half of the year. Plus there are no other ruckmen that are screaming to get picked anyway.

I was a bit shitty at myself for not trading him the first week he was out, which was my plan from the start of the year, but I've done a full 180 on that after some thought. It's only costing me 40 - 50 points a game (I'd get Sandi's 90 - 100 rather than a rookie's 50). He will miss 3 games in total (not including the bye), so maybe cost 150 points all up - not worth a trade imo, especially this year when it's so hard to generate cash with the shit box rookies available.

Guy I'm playing this week looks in a bit of trouble, so should I even bother doing anything this week? or just wait to move WHE or Taranto (or both) next week and pull money out of SPP or Barrett to ensure I can still do the back line upgrades after the byes.
If you're sweet this week and looking at league wins then maybe hold. WHE and Taranto have BE in 60's and are only likely to make or lose only a few $$$.
But if you have twitchy fingers & are looking at bargains then obviously Cuz is on the bubble and will rise significantly.
WHE to him gives you close to 500K for some retail therapy next week.
Can then look at Dusty, Laird (has the bye though) etc and move on Taranto & ROtten.

So sitting with 15 trades left, $437k in the bank.

Would love some thoughts on what my next moves should be?

JonzzySCoach.jpg

Myers > Cousins
Turner > Lynch (GC)

Shout out to Turner for his service. Started out slowly but found his feet and turned into a good rookie.
After only 14 playing in R11, now have plenty of cattle. 22 this week and as of now 21 for R13.

League win only so holiding NRoo and Sandilands.

Trades:
3 of Parsons/Berry/Fisher/Myers/Barrett -> Lynch, Scharenberg and Cousins

Which three? I'm only worried about cash generation really. Leaning towards keeping Fisher and Barrett.
Would Berry's DPP come in handy?? If so I'd keep him and Fisher and bank an extra $30k.

So sitting with 15 trades left, $437k in the bank.

Would love some thoughts on what my next moves should be?

View attachment 379371
Preuss to Stradnica (allows Ryder switch with him)
Leaves 600K.
Post byes you'll have SPP and Barrett at M7 & 8.....
Look at maybe this week Barrett to JPK at M7 & SPP to Ebert M8
or one of the above & Taranto to Wallis FWD.

Or leave the Preuss / Stradica trade for a week and go early on Myers to Callum Brown to get the mid/fwd (in the mids) you're badly missing.
You can have some serious fun with that team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Round 13 side, after this week's trades of
Ottens, Myers, Turner > Roberton, Cousins, Lynch. 15 trades left and only $172K in the bank. Defenders complete apart from Rance buyer's remorse, need 1 forward and 2 mids assuming I want to run Scooter at D9.
Screen%20Shot%202017-06-08%20at%202.04.15%20pm.png

WHE and Balic can go. Depending on funds and cows 1 will probably be a downgrade. If Mountford's VFL form gets rewarded it's happy days. Fingers crossed Black gets a game with Hawkins out. He owes me for all the times I stuck up for him on the North board. 19 on field R13 if Black plays, also weighing up whether to keep Fyfe. Yeo would be the ideal

At this point I can probably hold Sandi through his bye and reassess when Gawn's ready and bottomed out. The alternative is Sandi > Kreuzer now, and that leaves me with one on the forward bench. Balic out breaks my DPP link which I'll eventually probably have to use Greenwood to fix. Cash in EVW when Ryan's on the bubble, and SPP whenever, keep Stewart and Greenwood as D7/F7.

I'll be a bit later than I wanted with a complete team but looking ok with trades in hand for the run home.

My teams good for this week, but pretty stumped for how to cover myself for next week's bye??

Players grayed out have the BYE next week so I'm down to 18 if somehow Eddy is named.

I want to get Cousins in this week but that wont do much for me next week ?

upload_2017-6-8_14-57-23.png

My teams good for this week, but pretty stumped for how to cover myself for next week's bye??

Players grayed out have the BYE next week so I'm down to 18 if somehow Eddy is named.

View attachment 379391

I would start by looking at which of your round 13 bye players are expendable (ie, not keepers). You have Otten, Scharenberg, Myers, Greenwood, Stewart and Eddy (I've included Eddy as he ain't getting a game any time soon). Of those, the bolded have either finished making money or are close enough that you can justify trading. That is quite a bit to work with.

Myers -> Cousins, Otten -> Hibberd / Lloyd / JJ will give you an extra on the field in round 13.
Otten -> Ryan, Stewart -> Lynch / Franklin will also give you an extra on the field in round 13.

I'd favour the former as Cousins is on the bubble and it is better for the structure of your team. If you do one of these this week you can assess next week whether you can further strengthen again next week before round 13. If you are going to field more than 18 in rd 13 (which most will struggle to do) you may need to rely on some non-round 13 bye rookies being named and go early.

View attachment 379391

Otten and Stewart are ripe for culling. Cash them in for players who have already had their bye. Myers > Cousins is bye-neutral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back