Round 12 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
had my heart set on Enright in for Malceski/Raines this week, but this talk of Ellis has got me thinking. Always had a soft spot for the other X-man, but have been worried about his propensity for getting hurt.

He's $70K cheaper, but they're both due to go up by about the same ($16K) if they hit their averages this week.

Quite tempted to take the cheaper option with a lower B/E in Ellis this week and reassess my second backline upgrade in a couple of week's time. Can anyone convince me this is a bad idea?

My other trade will most likely be NDS in for either Griffen or Coughlan. Also giving me a bit of a headache. Griffen will lose me money if I keep him, but he's still got the potential to be 6th/7th mid at the end of the year. Cogs has been doing well since he came back, so I'd hate to drop him now, but I'm worried that he may spend a while in the magoos under the unstated by obvious youth policy Rawlings has set.

What do you folks think?

after a bit of quick advice guys. know i shoulda brought ablett back last week but anyway, who should i drop for him? money is no issue (650,000+ in the bank), so thinking out of NDS,Corey,Rich,Otten,Davis,Burgoyne (Peter), - have muston on the bench but def keeping him
im thinking prob drop otten, and also upgrade krakouer in fwd line this week
then next week upgrade rich or burgoyne to judd,
any advice? yeh/no? stupid? lol

had my heart set on Enright in for Malceski/Raines this week, but this talk of Ellis has got me thinking. Always had a soft spot for the other X-man, but have been worried about his propensity for getting hurt.

He's $70K cheaper, but they're both due to go up by about the same ($16K) if they hit their averages this week.

Quite tempted to take the cheaper option with a lower B/E in Ellis this week and reassess my second backline upgrade in a couple of week's time. Can anyone convince me this is a bad idea?

My other trade will most likely be NDS in for either Griffen or Coughlan. Also giving me a bit of a headache. Griffen will lose me money if I keep him, but he's still got the potential to be 6th/7th mid at the end of the year. Cogs has been doing well since he came back, so I'd hate to drop him now, but I'm worried that he may spend a while in the magoos under the unstated by obvious youth policy Rawlings has set.

What do you folks think?

i like ellis, but i do have enright in my own team, given the options to swap the 2 i wouldnt

Thinking of downgrading Houliahn to Pearce to give me enough next week to upgrade Otten to Power or Hodge and Siedeobttom/Walker to Didak.

That will finish my team with 5 trades left. Would mean having to paly Suban this week and when drummond returns haveing suban and perace on the bench.

Might go the unique option and hope that it pushes me up the rankings a bit. The extra cash makes it more tasty.

I wouldn't. NDS is a much better option IMO.

are u planning to bring in montagna later if you go with option A? if not then i would definately go with B

I'm kind of stuck between either getting judd or NDS for my final midfield spot. currently Ablett, selwood, goodes, power, cross, rich (muston, anthony)

If i bring in NDS then i can also bring in riewoldt this week. If i get judd, the riewoldt will have to wait a week or two depending on price changes.
what do you guys think?

NDS & Riewoldt. :thumbsu::thumbsu:
i wouldnt wait on rich, i did the same thinking he should offset ablett...didnt....not i missed pav by 10k.
i wouldnt go near hodge, unlike the others he hasnt really shown signs of any huge improvment. i would swap hase this week before rich. NDS is a solid pick and i'd def go ellis over hodge.

I'm torn between Suban > Heath Shaw or Zeibell > Stevie J. and thought s wouuld be appreciated. here are my back and forward lines.
Godard, Fisher Gilbee, Adcock, Drummod, Grimes, Suban (Cheney, Spudrenka)
Reiwoldt, Delidio, Roughead, Higins, Goodwin, Skipworth, Zeibell (brown, s wright)
Bloody drummond and goodwin are out this week but hopefully only for one week...

Like someone else said, if you can, I'd wait 2 weeks and bring in SJ. Even if you have to do it now, i'd still go with that option. Any time you can grab Stevie J for sub-$500k is a win IMO. Suban has looked OK the last weeks anyway, looks like he's slowly improving.

What do you folks think?

I'd get rid of Griffen. Cogs will be better after the break, and aside from Rd 9 has been scoring pretty solid.

I've got almost the exact same dilemma re. the X-Man. What're your thoughts (see below)??
Ellis is a great trade IMO. Will rip it up if he can stay fit. Had an interrupted preseason, and scored 93, 116, 20 (injured) & 75 in less than 3 quarters last week. That's actually given me an idea...

B: Goddard, Fisher, Newman, Gilbee, Chornes, Grimes, Broughton (Cheney & Pestinko)
M: Ablett, Selwood, Judd, Foley, Haselby, Rich (Muston & Dangerfield)
R: Petrie, Tipett (Jacobs, Spencer)
F: Riewoldt, Pavlich, SJ, Deledio, ROK, Roughead, Ziebell (M Brown & Wright)

* 10 trades, $126k, ranked 813th.

All week I've been set on Chornes > Hodge, & Rich > NDS. Now I'm thinking I could bring in Ellis instead down back, bring in Montagna for Hase, and bring in NDS next week. My options:

A) Chornes > Hodge...& Rich/Hase > NDS
B) Chornes > Ellis...& Hase > Montagna (Rich > NDS next week- will take an extra downgrade though)

The advantage of B) is that NDS's price rise next week SHOULD be almost offset by Rcih's rise. Also Hase is due to drop alot next week, so is possible that this is really the last week to get rid of him.

Thoughts...please??

Coughlan >>>>> Ablett.

Finally got GAJ into the team which now completes my midfield.

Ablett, Bartel, Swan
Judd, K.Cornes, Rich

Muston, Hartlett.

Need one more fwd, One more back and I'm done.

Eying off Riewoldt and Drummond for each. Will need to use a cple of my cows to get them. Hill and McGlynn respectively are looking likely targets.. :D

Oneeyed,

Ellis is the go, Bring in Hodge in a week or two.

The more I think about it the more I agree that Ellis is the way forward for me as well. There's a good thread about him on the Hawks board- much swooning...;)

I'm holding off on Hodge for another couple of weeks - he's certainly on the way back, but could easily be down to about $430K come round 13.

There could still be a place for Enright as well- I've got Cornes' $470K on the bench, plus the $230K I'll have left in the kitty after this week's trades.

Play my cards right and I'll have Goddard, Fisher, Newman, Enright, Ellis, Hodge, Grimes (Suban, Broughton) as my backline in 2-3 weeks time, with room for one more upgrade at finals time. :thumbsu:

For my 2nd team, is it stupid to consider trading out Petrie ($484k, ave:92) or H-Mac ($455k, ave:100) to capitalise on Cox's cheap price ($565k, ave: 117)? Would love to get him, but it seems a luxury trading out fit blokes that are scoring reasonably well.

B: Goddard, Fisher, Gilbee, Drummond, P Burgoyne, Grimes, Broughton (Cheney & Quinn)
M: Ablett, Bartel, Judd, NDS, Selwood, Cooney (Muston & Dangerfield)
R: H-Mac, Petrie (Jacobs, Spencer)
F: Franklin, Pavlich, SJ, J Brown, Goodwin, Roughead, M Brown (Walker & Warren)

12 trades, $148k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For my 2nd team, is it stupid to consider trading out Petrie ($484k, ave:92) or H-Mac ($455k, ave:100) to capitalise on Cox's cheap price ($565k, ave: 117)? Would love to get him, but it seems a luxury trading out fit blokes that are scoring reasonably well.

B: Goddard, Fisher, Gilbee, Drummond, P Burgoyne, Grimes, Broughton (Cheney & Quinn)
M: Ablett, Bartel, Judd, NDS, Selwood, Cooney (Muston & Dangerfield)
R: H-Mac, Petrie (Jacobs, Spencer)
F: Franklin, Pavlich, SJ, J Brown, Goodwin, Roughead, M Brown (Walker & Warren)

12 trades, $148k.

Tempting, I agree. He's certainly not going get much cheaper than that. You won't have much cash left though (not that you'll need much- pretty strong team you have there:thumbsu:). Hold a gun to my head and I'd choose Petrie.

SJ will be cheaper in 2 weeks time if you can wait

I want to do Ziebell - SJ too but not right now

I am also looking at Heath Shaw. Mine is a swap for Chornes. I was a bit Hodge obsessed but all the contrary opinions are starting to sink in.

With freo playing cats and nrth playing crows in adelaide this week i think jonnos got a better chance of hitting 144 than zeibel does of 94....i'm pretty tight on cash as i'm waiting for the rest of my bench to blossom so i'm gunna grab him now...my games this week should be winnable but with drummond and goodwin on the bench i dont wanna risk it, had 3 losses by under 40 points... can't afford to have any more...i'm the 2nd highest scored in my best league and i'm still bloody 9th on the ladder.

The more I think about it the more I agree that Ellis is the way forward for me as well. There's a good thread about him on the Hawks board- much swooning...;)

Had a look at Ellis and he may be a good upgrade for Hill. There is lots of upside in him but even last year, he only averaged about 75SC points. Hardly a star. For mine, the price tag of $383k for a 75 point player is a bit steep. Though I might change my mind on that by next week ;)

Currently coming 1,799 overall, got 6 trades left with $288,000 left.

The trades I'm thinking at the moment are:

Out: Paul Hasleby $436,900
In: Adam Goodes $593,600

And

Out: Jack Ziebell $316,800
In: Alan Didak $429,800

Or Should i just do:

Out: Nathan Krakouer $363,400
In: Nick Riewoldt $590,200

Or use 2 trade:

Out: Nathan Krakouer $363,400
In: Nick Riewoldt $590,200

Out: Paul Hasleby $436,900
In: Bryce Gibbs $485,300

Some advice would be great thanks.

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at trading Cogs to Liam Anthoy this week to free up some cash to upgrade either Cheney/Suban after the split round. Sideways trade CCornes to someone as well.

Any advice? 9 trades with $412K in bank if do Cogs - Anthony trade.

Backs: Goddard, Gilbert, Grimes, Enright, CCornes, Houlihan, Broughton (Cheney&Suban)
Mids: Ablett, Sewell, Judd, Bartel, Gibbs, Rich (Muston&Cogs)
Rucks: Petrie, Kruezer (Jacobs&Spencer)
Forwards: Chapman, Johnson, Pavlich, Fevola, Franklin, Giansiracusa, Nahas (Brown,M&Garlett,J)

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at trading Cogs to Liam Anthoy this week to free up some cash to upgrade either Cheney/Suban after the split round. Sideways trade CCornes to someone as well.

Any advice? 9 trades with $412K in bank if do Cogs - Anthony trade.

Backs: Goddard, Gilbert, Grimes, Enright, CCornes, Houlihan, Broughton (Cheney&Suban)
Mids: Ablett, Sewell, Judd, Bartel, Gibbs, Rich (Muston&Cogs)
Rucks: Petrie, Kruezer (Jacobs&Spencer)
Forwards: Chapman, Johnson, Pavlich, Fevola, Franklin, Giansiracusa, Nahas (Brown,M&Garlett,J)

Thanks in advance.
Why not Cogs to Cooney or Cross - 2 keepers who bolster your mids for not much coin in the trade.:cool:

My current midfield is Judd, Pendlebury, Rich, Bartel, Corey and Griffen with Muston and Swift on the bench.

I've got $185,100 in the bank, with 10 trades left.

Option 1: Upgrade Bartel or Corey to Ablett, or

Option 2: Trade Griffen - who i have lost patience with - for someone like Dal Santo, or

Option 3: Use the money to upgrade players in other positions and hope that Griffen comes good.

Any thoughts?

cornes > Shaw/Mattner, Malceski > Lake/ Ellis
or
Cornes > Goddard and pray that Malceski gets a game
??????

7 trades left atm

Why not Cogs to Cooney or Cross - 2 keepers who bolster your mids for not much coin in the trade.:cool:

I thought that I might keep Rich as playing mid for a couple more weeks and upgrade at a later date. Think my backline needs to improve as I am playing Cheney, Broughton and Grimes each week and with an injury I am also having to play Suban.

Like the idea though. Gun midfield and will hopeful mean no more trades in there for the rest of the year.

Thinking of a make or break punt on this one.

Hasleby (or Rich) -> Kerr (Pocketing 100k)
Malceski ( or Pestinko) -> Hodge

Backs: Fisher, Shaw, Gilbee, Drummond, Adcock, Malceski, Broughton, (Suban, Pestinko)
Mids: Bartell, Judd, Dal Santo, Power, Hasleby, Rich (Beams, Muston)
Rucks and Forwards SET for now.

323 K in the bank (7 trades)

Someone please convince me otherwise or a better option???

My current midfield is Judd, Pendlebury, Rich, Bartel, Corey and Griffen with Muston and Swift on the bench.

I've got $185,100 in the bank, with 10 trades left.

Option 1: Upgrade Bartel or Corey to Ablett, or

Option 2: Trade Griffen - who i have lost patience with - for someone like Dal Santo, or

Option 3: Use the money to upgrade players in other positions and hope that Griffen comes good.

Any thoughts?

Option 2. Griffen > Dal Santo.

Thinking of a make or break punt on this one.

Hasleby (or Rich) -> Kerr (Pocketing 100k)
Malceski ( or Pestinko) -> Hodge

Backs: Fisher, Shaw, Gilbee, Drummond, Adcock, Malceski, Broughton, (Suban, Pestinko)
Mids: Bartell, Judd, Dal Santo, Power, Hasleby, Rich (Beams, Muston)
Rucks and Forwards SET for now.

323 K in the bank (7 trades)

Someone please convince me otherwise or a better option???

Can understand your frustration with Malsexi, I'd be very hesitant about bringing in Kerr though.

What about Hase > Ablett? You' be looking pretty sweet then, if your forwards and rucks are set, your mids suddenly looking a helluva lot more powerful...only really Malceski as a weak link then. Dunno how much he's set to rise/drop this week, but could then find a way to turn him into Hodge next week?

Option 2. Griffen > Dal Santo.

Can understand your frustration with Malsexi, I'd be very hesitant about bringing in Kerr though.

What about Hase > Ablett? You' be looking pretty sweet then, if your forwards and rucks are set, your mids suddenly looking a helluva lot more powerful...only really Malceski as a weak link then. Dunno how much he's set to rise/drop this week, but could then find a way to turn him into Hodge next week?

Malceski will drop by $29,180 to $234,320 if he hits his 55 point average :eek:
B/E of 122.

If he isn't dropped of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back