Game Day Round 12 vs. Western Bulldogs, Marvel, 7:40pm Friday 31/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

At a sporting night with jordy and swanny

A friend of mine was there
Jen, we thought you were there.
Now it’s a friend.
Sounds a bit dodgy about the info you posted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see us playing ash. frampton up forward and kreuger.

Why on Earth Frampton up forward? He is a really good defender, a decent relief ruck and a truly terrible forward. AJ’s and Krueger’s worst up forward is as good as Billy’s best.

If the Dogs play Darcy, Jamara and Lobb up forward and English sneaks in there at times too, then we absolutely need Frampton in his best role, in defence.

We recruited Kreuger (and AJ) for this exact situation. Just play him (them)!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why on Earth Frampton up forward? He is a really good defender, a decent relief ruck and a truly terrible forward. AJ’s and Krueger’s worst up forward is as good as Billy’s best.

If the Dogs play Darcy, Jamara and Lobb up forward and English sneaks in there at times too, then we absolutely need Frampton in his best role, in defence.

We recruited Kreuger (and AJ) for this exact situation. Just play him (them)!

Just from what I saw at training today. Played up forward. Fly did say they wanted to train him there just in case they decide to go that way. He said they hadnt decided.

But not sure we can play Frampton. Moore. Dean. Howe in one defence.

Just from what I saw at training today. Played up forward. Fly did say they wanted to train him there just in case they decide to go that way. He said they hadnt decided.

But not sure we can play Frampton. Moore. Dean. Howe in one defence.

I see your point but then Howe is the most obvious to swing forward. He is the most proven and to be honest has been below his previous standards in defence this season.

I see your point but then Howe is the most obvious to swing forward. He is the most proven and to be honest has been below his previous standards in defence this season.

Yeah, but howe trained in defence lol

Of course they can swing him forward, but the fact that frampton trained forward and howe in defence feels like the way they may go.

Go take a gander at the Bullies board.
Most are concerned about this game because they believe their outs are far more significant than ourselves.

Posted this on the injury thread. Not even a contest.

In one of the earlier threads someone flagged the Doggies injuries are just as bad as ours, so I thought it worth exploring in terms of "best 22" on todays announced IR, not the bullshit rumours spread by some.

Collingwood injuries

FB
------ ~ Murphy ~ Howe
HB ------ ~ ------ ~ ------
C ------ ~ Pendlebury ~ ------
HF ------ ~ Mihocek ~ WHE
FF McInnes ~ McStay ~ Elliott
R Cox ~ JDG ~ Mitchell
I Richards ~ ------ ~ ------ ~ ------ ~ ------

Depth Steene ~ Carmichael ~ Begg ~ Eyre ~ Bytel

Could return this week

Think thats everyone.

Doggies injuries

FB
------ ~ ------ ~ ------
HB Johannisen ~ ------ ~ Richards
C Smith ~ Liberatore ~ ------
HF ------ ~ Naughton ~ Weightman
FF ------ ~ ------ ~ ------
R ------ ~ ------ ~ ------
I Scott ~ Gardiner ~ ------ ~ ------ ~ ------

I think that's all of their injuries. Neither team's IR makes great reading but I think we've got them covered.

The coach revealing player selection is vastly different from a player doing it a sporting night.

FWIW my son confirms Jen's friend's info - AJ playing per Beau and JDG with OP.

Plenty of other interesting comments made but I'll leave those to others to pass along lol.

Last edited:
How do you know that? I can't see the difference. How do you know that beau didn't have permission.
What do you mean how do I know that? The coach is the coach. He fronts up to pressers or goes on sen & reveals selections before the team selection is officially out if he wants that info out there. Sometimes he won't even do that & says you'll just have to wait. It's not up to the players to reveal selections willy nilly. And certainly not at a sporting night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back