Game Day Round 12 vs. Western Bulldogs, Marvel, 7:40pm Friday 31/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan too
So a bit of mixed today

I wonder if a reining Premier has ever seen such team turnover in the following year?

We certainly won’t have many (any?) untried players by the end of the season at this rate.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wonder if a reining Premier has ever seen such team turnover in the following year?

We certainly won’t have many (any?) untried players by the end of the season at this rate.

Only Eyre. DeMattia. Steene, TJ yet to debut

Jen2310 How did Howe look? Edmunds on sen trying to insinuate Howe is not looking likely to come back for Friday.
Looked fine to me. Even fly said in his presser he would play.
Unless he knows something in the last couple hours the rest of us don't.

Pendles out is massive. Always feels as if we go on runs with him out there orchestrating, and the opposition kicks goals when he’s off.

I have more faith in our system when he’s out there puppeteering it. Don’t think we win now.

Super intrigued by selection
He’ll definitely be missed, but what a great opportunity for our emerging leaders to step up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll be called a pessimist for this but I think we are no chance this week. It’s not just the experience and skills of the absent players that we’ll miss but also their leadership, chemistry and conditioning.

If you take out enough players, eventually the remainder struggle to follow the game plan. They just don’t have enough familiarity with each other and where they’ll each move to, especially when under intense pressure. Consequently more targets will be missed than usual, more guys will be caught out of position and turnovers will be more costly. And the youngsters will run out of puff in H2 because they lack the fitness base that comes from many pre-seasons.

I expect a spirited H1 but the Dogs to run away in H2 to a comfy 30-40pt win.

Despite that, I’m looking forward to seeing even more of our youngest players on the big stage, which will really help us in sorting out the keepers from the dreamers.

Last edited:
I blame everyone on social media platforms who said "at least Pendlebury will play".

Now is the time for touching wood and crossing fingers, not tempting fate and pricking the interest of the Football Gods who have gleefully f*cked us over again.

What I saw when he came off shaking his head almost going yeah no good guys was enough to know he wouldn't play.

Have Faith

Juke Box Guitar GIF by George Michael

With this bloke at the helm, write us off at your peril..

I attended a function starring Craig McRae in Perth on Saturday night.
Believe me, we are in very good hands.
An incredible man, winning attitude, ultra professional and following his time as a 3-time premiership player playing under Leigh Mathews, he served an 18 year apprenticeship coaching and learning from Premiership coaches Malthouse, Hardwick, Clarkson and Craig Bellamy of all people.
He said you don’t fluke losing and you don’t fluke winning.
He said there’s a formula to success and he reckons he knows what it is.
He has a glittering list of awards and we are so fortunate to have him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back