Autopsy Round 13, 2021: Hawks sink the Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

The break did a lot of good for our younger guys but I think Day’s inclusion was also vital. CJ & Scrimshaw seemed to have a lot more freedom than they had previously despite having to account for a handful of dangerous smalls.

The midfield actually having some defensive accountability seemed to help as well.

Our team looks so much better with that extra creative class player back in the side.
So much difference with Day in .

I think tonight we got a little look of what might be on the horizon for us .
Lots of hard yards ahead but to have the younger guys play key parts in a big away win is pretty huge.

A real confidence booster .
We bashed them up too , pretty pleasing after looking so bad over the last month.

Just quietly how good was Big Cegs tonight?

Absolutely massive around the ground with 11 clearances (11!)

If we can somehow unlock that kind of performance from Jonathon on a weekly basis........

Also I thought CJ played pretty much a perfect game tonight, BOG for mine.
Absolutely agree. Cegs was huge tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Damian Barrett…

tenor.gif

Shoutout to Craig McCrae for identifying Sydney's lack of height in the backline and working a strategy around the horrid kick to the top of the sqaure gameplan that Clarko loves that worked against Syd's lack of height.

He sat 3 talls in the pack. All about 3-5m from each other with one at the front, one in the middle and one towards the back and when the ball was kicked in to the top of the square, who ever was best suit to the ball drop went for the ball while the tall behind them blocked the path of the defender coming in from behind to spoil. Small in height means small in length, and when you lose a step in your approach, you'll rarely impact the marker.

congrats on the win and taking a dump on our club

can you please carry the form forward to the next game at least
Oh yeah. Next week. Two wins in a season against the *? Chalk us up to be right in there!!
Buds legacy won’t be any different whether he has 999 or 1001 goals
In the same way that Fevola is not remembered as the last player who kicked 99 goals in a season, as opposed to 100.

Midfield was the best it's been all year. Mitchell, Worpel, Omeara, Duke, Shiels were all huge, especially with contested possessions and disposal was a lot better, faster and direct.

Mitchell was back to 2018 form in terms of effectiveness in games. I've been one of the supporters who hasn't rated him this year. But tonight, he was brilliant!

How goods a win! Will be just as good im the rooms to! The best thing that stood out was the team balance was right.

For some of the players I normally knock; cegler and Mitchell played really quality games, strong team games and good decision making as well - cegler (best game I can remember for a while) may have pushed Mitchell Lewis out also - or callow to come in according to Clarko

Jai can’t be pumped up enough, midfield dynamic significantly changed and his no small boy, towers over omeara size wise

Morrison’s injury was stiff, starting to play really consistent quality footy - and in that group Moore, scrimshaw are becoming really consistent footy players which helps that 4 quarter performance

Also john Ralph is a stain, what a flog of a human - worpel tackle is one of the simple arm pull tackle of all time

Footy is a strange game. Lose to the bottom side and then play a fantastic match against respectable opposition. Great game tonight and it was fantastic to see the youth up & about. Nice touch at the end with all the team getting around Jai too.

Also big wraps for a strong captains game from Big Boy tonight

His body may be fading but no one can ever dou t the effort he puts in every single week and is a much more suitable captain than Stratton was (in fact he really should have been captain 3 years ago but hindsight is always 20/20)

I don't mind him playing 70/30 forward/ruck either as his hands are still solid as plus his kicking for goal is still top shelf.

So much to like.... Another contested/marking tall at either end, be it DGB, Jeka, Callow or other and a couple more midfielders with speed and spread through draft, things can turn quick enough over next couple... Love me Hawks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 13, 2021: Hawks sink the Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back