Autopsy Round 13 2024 – Hawthorn vs GWS Giants, Saturday June 8, 1.45pm AEST, UTAS Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a great quarter of footy.

Umps did favour the Hawks.

Xman deserved a win with that display.

Tom Green cost your team the win with that undisciplined bump.

A great game, could have gone either way.

I am sure your boys will ralley and will charge into finals in the second half of the season.

Something that proved to me beyond doubt that GWS are lazy as heck was a long kick from D50 to the centre wing in the last quarter.

Hogan was by himself with 3 opponents.

Hawthorn got the ball and immediately kicked to a free player about 70m out on the wing.

Beats me how we can be outnumbered so often across the field yet the opposition continue to have free players.

Edit: Thought we'd still be in the 8 after this round despite other results.

On further thinking, if Gold Coast win, we'll be 9th.

Was thinking positively for a brief moment......

And I hate to say it. But I just don’t think this group has what it takes. They had the best of chances last year and couldn’t get it done. I’m going to lower my expectations. We might make finals, or may not, but we aren’t good enough to win it.

And I hate to say it. But I just don’t think this group has what it takes. They had the best of chances last year and couldn’t get it done. I’m going to lower my expectations. We might make finals, or may not, but we aren’t good enough to win it.
I think at full strength we do, so to win it need a well above average run with injuries, also some key injuries to Swans, Carlton.
I don't understand the casual attitude in the first qtr.
I will listen to Kingsleys press conference with interest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will listen to Kingsleys press conference with interest.

I haven't seen the presser yet, but I'd like Kingsley to be a bit passive aggressive.

Subtly hint at the dropping of the knees.

Mention the run Hawthorn got with frees in the last few minutes.

Keep comments just below fine-worthy, but just do something to show a bit of fire.

I’m going to lower my expectations.
After the Essendon game I had to temper my expectations. It's not that I've lowered my expectations it's just that I'm taking a back seat approach.

I got caught up in th media hype which set up some expectations rather than seeing how we go.

I pretty much watch most, if not all games, this wasn't all that much of a surprise given how Hawthorn are playing and our track record down there.

We have a lot of newbies, whilst it's hard to lose I'd love to see us finesse our gameplay and soon. It's doable but whether it'll happen and happen soon remains to be seen.

We can't control the umpiring, there were plenty to be pissed off about, and Tom should know there was 90 seconds to go, but that is just a stupid act at that point of the game. There was nothing to gain from it. Scoreboard aside I actually thought our midfield played much better than the previous month before the bye. We pushed back to help out the defence better but the connection to the fwd line is really bad. It's that last posession which either becomes a fumble or turnover which is really hurting. The defensive matchups early were completely wrong, Harry on Chol shouldn't have happened. For a guy who looks like a good kick, Wehr manages hit up opposition players at ease. Angwin is progressing well, neat skills, could play a number of positions, looks a solid, reliable player. Finn is a gun. Briggs had a big day. Peatling made a few skill errors but he is worth persisting with in the middle as Ward has fallen off a cliff. Hawks are well drilled and statistically one of the better teams in the comp over the last few weeks. There was some good signs but we just have to finish the work off better.

Watching the last few minutes of that game was brutal. The refs handed the game to hawthorn. I always knew the state of the game was bad and the refs had too much of an influence but that was a new kind of low. Our only fault was leaving the game in the balance and allowing them to have an impact. I am left figuring out whether I follow this sport anymore. It has turned into a joke

Tom Green cost your team the win with that undisciplined bump.

A great game, could have gone either way.

I am sure your boys will ralley and will charge into finals in the second half of the season.
Disagree. Made a play on the ball and you it was three free kicks in the last moments of the game that gifted that goal. None of them were worthy.

It was a bump while had the ball. How about the other 2 frees. Let the boys play. It’Sa contact sport and they both accentuated the contact. It rewards bad sportsmanship. They were clearly playing for the frees.

Swings and round abouts both ways.

Both clubs had there chance to win and wasted opportunities at times.

As for umpires it’s a tough job and frustrating for us all.

We can't control the umpiring, there were plenty to be pissed off about, and Tom should know there was 90 seconds to go, but that is just a stupid act at that point of the game. There was nothing to gain from it. Scoreboard aside I actually thought our midfield played much better than the previous month before the bye. We pushed back to help out the defence better but the connection to the fwd line is really bad. It's that last posession which either becomes a fumble or turnover which is really hurting. The defensive matchups early were completely wrong, Harry on Chol shouldn't have happened. For a guy who looks like a good kick, Wehr manages hit up opposition players at ease. Angwin is progressing well, neat skills, could play a number of positions, looks a solid, reliable player. Finn is a gun. Briggs had a big day. Peatling made a few skill errors but he is worth persisting with in the middle as Ward has fallen off a cliff. Hawks are well drilled and statistically one of the better teams in the comp over the last few weeks. There was some good signs but we just have to finish the work off better.
Finn needs to develop a right foot though, also goal kicking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 13 2024 – Hawthorn vs GWS Giants, Saturday June 8, 1.45pm AEST, UTAS Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back