Round 13 Captains Disscusion

Remove this Banner Ad

Swan without a doubt. Has had a lot of outstanding scores the last few weeks and this week he has Fremantle. Not only should he become more of a ball magnet due to Pendlbury being out but he shouldn't cop much of a hard tag either. The Dockers will target Didak for sure after destroying Sydney and I think all the teams have learnt by now that Davis should be kept quiet at all costs.

Oh and for everyone on the Ablett boat, I suggest you watch out. Kane Kornes will be glued to him all night.

Kornes usually goes to Corey or Bartel, with Dom Cassisi getting Ablett.

Kornes usually goes to Corey or Bartel, with Dom Cassisi getting Ablett.

nah last year he went to ablett. i remember because i had him and everyone had ablett and i just watched them so much and got so annoyed. ablett had about 5 free kicks for and 0 against and kornes had something like 0 for and 3 against. the umpires were so in favour of ablett i will never forget:p

i think who ever doesnt get daniel jackson against the tigers this week should be captain, in my opinon being a saints supporter i think Dal Santo will get the tag which leaves Hayes, Montanga, Goddard (when in mid) one on one and id back any1 of them to be getting a big score this week

Montanga for my skipper

Steve Johnson will be a good option, I think. He loves playing at Skilled Stadium. His last 5 scores at the ground are 138, 130, 72, 149, 124 at an average of 122.6. While he doesn't have a great history against Port Adelade, only ever scoring one ton against them, his highest score for the year came against shut-down Sydney, and of course it was at SS. And who are Port going to play on him anyway?

Corey did look good on Sunday, seemed to roam free and get easy possessions, certainly much more so than Bartel. As much as I'd like to use Stevie J as captain, I can't do it again, if I do he'll score 70.

My choice is between these 3. All the stats point to Corey as the best choice despite Ablett and Bartel's popularity as captaincy options.

Corey has the best recent form against Port with 100s in his last 3 against them.

Average over last 5 games this year:

Corey - 118.4
Ablett - 112.4
Bartel - 109.8

Very interesting! Corey is looking like a great option looking at these stats. He's rarely tagged and is in red hot form atm. :thumbsu:

His early season form was down due to a different role in defense. In the past 5 weeks he has been in the midfield and back to his best.

I'd be wary of this and put a very solid vice-captain, because who knows how Corey is going with that ******ed injury he has?

Having said this, he appeared to move freely on the weekend, I'm just a bit unclear on the injury he had/has.

I'd be wary of this and put a very solid vice-captain, because who knows how Corey is going with that ******ed injury he has?

Having said this, he appeared to move freely on the weekend, I'm just a bit unclear on the injury he had/has.
Thanks for pointing that out.

:confused: I completely forgot that Corey missed the previous couple of games with a foot injury!
Must have been the mid season break.

He appeared to be in top form last week, though.

Did some research and Corey had plantar fasciitis an inflammatory condition that affects the arch of the foot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_fasciitis

Steve Johnson will be a good option, I think. He loves playing at Skilled Stadium. His last 5 scores at the ground are 138, 130, 72, 149, 124 at an average of 122.6. While he doesn't have a great history against Port Adelade, only ever scoring one ton against them, his highest score for the year came against shut-down Sydney, and of course it was at SS. And who are Port going to play on him anyway?

He will absolutely tear us up, I just can't bring myself to captain him after what happened last time :(

never knew that having both ablett and bartel was so tough.

i read that bartel is averaging about 130 at skilled stadium this year, and youd think he was due for a big one. Then youve got ablett who very rarely has two bad games in a row. Then theres lenny hayes whos got about 10 hundreds on the trot, not to mention swanny whose averaging over 130 in the past month.

Hmm, tough choice this week. I know i'll end up picking the one who scores less though.

Anyone reckon Dids will tear Fremantle a new one this weekend. I dont think we have anyone to matchup on him if he plays exclusively through the midfield.

Especially with Medhurst coming back. Dick playing alright as a forward. Pendles going down etc etc etc

Anyone reckon Dids will tear Fremantle a new one this weekend. I dont think we have anyone to matchup on him if he plays exclusively through the midfield.

Especially with Medhurst coming back. Dick playing alright as a forward. Pendles going down etc etc etc

stop, schammertime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might go Goddard, poor average against the Tigers, but he hasn't really played them in a couple of years. Only 1 score below 91 at the Docklands this year as well. Reckon many will be scared off by his low average.

A bit of a roughy but I think Sandi is almost a sure thing for at least 100 this week.

Should rack up 40+ hitouts easily after Jolly showed last week the resistance Fraser has been putting up in the ruck.

Would be very unique, a little too obscure for me..

Corey or Didak for me..

This is what will happen to me. I choose Bartel every week who gets decent scores of course but Montagna seems to pull out these 130s, I always seem to change to Bartel at the last second so to bite the bullet I will make Montagna captain, which I have for a change, he will get 70-80 while Bartel will come back and get a lazy 135. Good old dream team, where i get screwed more than jenna jameson.

I reckon Bartel scores well against Port but I'm taking Ablett just because.

If Ablett scores low I'll cop it and if he scores high I'm not missing out.

It's mainly the missing out on the 300+ I'm worried about. It has killed my ranking each time that has happened.

Swan for me for the first time this year. His average has just edged in front of Gaz and is in bloody good form. Can't risk another Gazza handball extravaganza; especially when there seems to be no logical reason as to why Swan won't perform.

I reckon Bartel scores well against Port but I'm taking Ablett just because.

If Ablett scores low I'll cop it and if he scores high I'm not missing out.

It's mainly the missing out on the 300+ I'm worried about. It has killed my ranking each time that has happened.

Don't know what makes you think that, he got 75 and 73 in his 2 games against port last year...

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 13 Captains Disscusion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back