Universal Love Round 13 (Pies win, farewell Bucks)

Remove this Banner Ad

The feeling is obviously happy because nobody deserves to win there last game as coach more than Bucks but geez its hard not to be disappointed with the way we went about it today compared to the rest of the year.

We have been only playing 1 good quarter of footy each week so far and its often been the 1st quarter which we look. Today was the 1st game all year that we had stuck to it for the whole game or at least 3 quarters. Our defensive pressure our ball movement was extremely good and the best midfield performance we have had for the last 2 years we smashed them.

Everyone pretty much played there role I believe the standouts were Pendles , De Goey, Crisp, Maynard, Quaynor, Cameron, Miochek all had probably there best games of the year. While Lynch at least broke even with Gawn if not beat him.

The thing which is hard to see is that by the end of the third. We had played on after marking 37% of the time compared to around 13% we had been going at throughout the year. Why couldn't we do it sooner we have had opportunities but players just didn't want to do it and we done for a whole game and beat probably the premiership favourites.

People can say that yes we got up for Bucks however I believe it was more we finally got that 4 quarter effort of what we wanted for the whole year.

I think the brakes were off today, all the shackles released and they just went for it.
Has been a devt year, focus on defense first, and all came together with the new team fro first time today. Also helped by key returns of Elliot (incredible effect on forward line), Mccreery also great forward role and will of course improve a lot, CAmeron maturing as an AFL KPF.
OF course Buckley sacking should now be reversed but of course won't be.

Has been a devt year, focus on defense first, and all came together with the new team fro first time today. Also helped by key returns of Elliot (incredible effect on forward line), Mccreery also great forward role and will of course improve a lot, CAmeron maturing as an AFL KPF.
OF course Buckley sacking should now be reversed but of course won't be.
Buckley is gone, time to focus on the now and future.

In a way a pity certainly.
But now they can concentrate on finding a new balance and building partnerships within the team - a team finals bound has to concentrate on having their best ready to go when it counts.
This team on the other hand should be all about finding out the capabilities of the younger players and helping them grow into the roles they are best suited for.
Wrong they learnt a lot which has jsut now started to come to fruition. Most coaches focus on defense first, eg Hardwick said so in recent presser.

I hope he gets another chance to coach at this level, I think he wants to. He’s really grown as a person/coach in the last few years but ran out of time at the pies.
Makes me think maybe he should have gone to North as a rookie coach and return to the pies but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No. I would feel sick if he led another club to a flag.

Lynch was great today, I misjudged him but thought if he could hold his body position might break even. He was very good.

Oh and in my summary when I suggested Melbourne would win it was a case of reverse psychology that I was using on my self.;)

Fooled yas.:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats on the win today, your guys came to play and send off Buckley in style. Class guy happy to see him go out with a smile

IF we played like that start of the Season then Bucks might been still our Head Coach
With the players we lost and the number of new players blooded, it's a wonder it has come together so soon, I would have thought it would take at least a whole season to start to see exciting results like this.
but typically collingwood followers want it all and want it immediately, no understanding of how player and team devt works.

They are pretenders
They learnt a lesson today.
Never underestimate the opponent.
Thought they were facing a club/team in disarray, who would have a quick emotional 10-15 minutes that could be put down easily.
They have lost twice in season 2021. To the Crows and Pies, both cellar dwellers.
Im sure this lesson will be learnt and reinforced by the coaching panel.

With the players we lost and the number of new players blooded, it's a wonder it has come together so soon, I would have thought it would take at least a whole season to start to see exciting results like this.
but typically collingwood followers want it all and want it immediately, no understanding of how player and team devt works.
Don't attack the loyal supporters who front up every week and brand them demanding and unreasonable because they want to see their team play with aggression and flair.
If we had played like we did today and had the same win loss ratio I am certain the criticism would have been nowhere near as harsh. It was the way we were playing more than the results which inflamed passions.

Watching the TV footy shows, reading the media on Buckley’s last game.
I have one observation from all the pictures I’ve seen, and it leads to the one conclusion, one thing that Buckley still has to do for Collingwood Football Club.

Get Jett into a gym ASAP.

Great showing from the boys, great to see it clicking.

And doing it for Bucks obviously, sending him off in style. All the best to Nathan with his next steps

Onto the Harvey era now, hopefully gets us ticking over similar to today!

WOW!!!

What a great performance. The boys came out to play. Bucks, you can leave with dignity and with the knowledge knowing that the boys love you as do a lot of your adoring supporters. That was all on display today.

A win that was more than just a win.

Thanks for everything you have done as a player and coach. You will be missed in Magpie land.

Luv ya Bucks!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Round 13 (Pies win, farewell Bucks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back