Round 13: St Kilda vs Geelong, Saturday Night @ the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

99 to 72. Armitage kicks straight for a rare timectonight. Length of ground highlight real.

Lyon in rooms already. Hairdryer time coming for our players. Quitexright

100 to 72 final score.

Bitterly disappointing execution.

Out: Gram Gilbert
Kicking school: Armitage Dal
All points broadcast: Goddard Scnider Milne
Starting in the wing: Roo
Commendations: McEvoy Peake Gamble Fisher Jack

One of the few positives was jack. When we went in quick Kosi was okay. Poor old Roo, out of form and the ball coming in like a beach ball with water in it.

28 points.

About the same amount of soft free kick goals Geelong were gifted by the umpires.:rolleyes:

That being said we should have been better tonight, dominated general play but couldn't put in on the scoreboard.

We desperately need more goalkickers and we need someone to hit a bloody target in the F50, we either kick it at the feet or over the heads of our leading forwards. How bloody hard is it to hit them on the f***ing chest? Can we just do that for once? We need Harves to make a comeback, he could put it on Lockett's chest blindfolded.

Raph Clarke as sub, seriously what was the f***ing point? Gave us nothing just like he did against Carlton. We needed a goalkicking sub like Ledger or Siposs.

Don't get me started on the bloody umpires either, they couldn't have done much more to get Geelong over the line if they tried. No doubt that goose Gieschen will try and justify their shit decisions as per usual.

we had good endeavour and the talent is there its just our skills have been shi#%house. look at the eagles from last year to this year - they improved their kicking and surprise surprise theyre winning games. if we could just improve our skills wed be winning games again

Ten commentators talking like our finals chances are over.

We're still a big chance of finals, just need to regroup over the bye and get on a winning run.

We need to sort our forward line out though, we got enough forward fifty entries tonight but couldn't convert.

I reckon I could do a better job as forward line coach than Adam Kingsley, why the f*** did we hire a Port defender as our forward line coach?

We need to get Leigh Tudor back or someone with half a clue about forward line set ups. Our forwards are running around like headless chooks at the moment.

Geelong got it in their F50 and it was a goal, we got it in our F50 and it was ring a ring a rosey until we inevitably turned it over and Geelong ran down the other end and scored a goal. Just so painful to watch.

Can't fault effort at all. Jack, Armo and Macca were excellent. Kosi played well. Dal, Jones and Fisher worked very hard all night.

2 things the killed us.

Poor disposal. Bad luck.

Along with Bad umpiring. This contributed, but certainly wasn't the main cause.

Expecting a few blokes to get a run in the twos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do all these threads always make our fans look like such sooks..

We were our own worst enemy tonight and we are having HUGE PROBLEMS entering our forward 50.. Tonight was frustrating because we generally outplayed Geelong around the game only to turn it over inside 50 and watch them punish us for it every time. Umpires had no affect on the result.

Maybe if you hadnt looked straight to word free kick you would have seen how we actually did comment on our poor kicking skills, which says alot for your reading skills and how the first thing you do after a good win is come onto the st kilda page and kick people while their down, low blow.

The boy doesn't seem so bright, came on here to first rubbish a hawk supporter, obviously gives 2 shits about any singular forum guidelines with the transition of his obvious baggage here so I doubt he gives a damn.

Expecting Stokes to get reported for the cod shot, might be a few wrestle fines (Stevie J & Dempster + 3/4 time) otu of the two "sling tackles" Corey is probably the one in more trouble simply because of the fact that Steven was dumped head first as opposed to side on + turf, would be surprised if either went though.

Don't need to say anything about the quality of game really, said what I needed to during the Doggies game re disposal.

Umpires were disgusting! Probably would have been closer had Geelong not been gifted a couple soft frees right in front of goal. Having said that,, the umps obviously did not cost us tonight. As people have pointed out it was our forward entry 50's. Rooey is out of form but will he ever get back into form with the kind of delivery he is getting? Such a frustrating game!!
On the plus side Stevie J is still Dempsters bitch

Umps were fine tonight. I was more pissed off with the Pies game...and we lost that by 10 goals.

We're such a ****ing frustrating team to watch.

Skills woeful.

Not even happy with Armo kicking 3. Please dont turn him into a ****ing forward pocket/McQualter....

Get rid of Gram and Gilbert. Surely Lynch could not kick any worse...

I mean, losses the rest of the year haven't been too bad cos we could at least say 'Hey, Siposs looks alright...Ledger what a gun!...Crippsy!' But this game was just nothing.

I mean. Jack and McEvoy just keep getting better. And I did like Armo's game. But shit. Not much else.

Fisher. Would have lost by 142 points without him.

Listen, we do not need want or welcome you coming on here commenting on our comments. A lot of these are emotional comments made as the play progresses and is akin to shouting abuse whilst at the game - not that we need justify ourselves to the likes of you. The fact is the umpiring was terrible against us in the third quarter and each time seemed to give an advantage to geelong greater than the decision itself (like the wrong play on call we got against the dogs). This had a real and significant affect on our chances at the time. Most of us, if not all of us accept that it was our ball use that cost us in after game analysis.

You coming on here complaining about our comments does not add to the discussion and just shows your stupidity at taking things out of context.

Now go away.

Really? For me it seemed that the cats got the rub of the green for the first half of the third quarter and then we got about 6 frees in a row inside our forward half. Only problem was, we wasted them and didnt convert our chances..

We certainly wasted chances which cost us ultimately. But missed frees or soft ones to Cats cost us. What about Baker's mark that was touched? Just because it was touched does not mean you can run into his back.

We got some we deserved which can not be considered an advantage.

I actually thought we had some soft ones in the first half, which I wrote, but it certainly changed significantly. Even thecterrible commentators thought so!

This thread is getting embarrassing... Can we have a thread solely dedicated to umpiring decisions to get rid of these stupid squabbles? Anyone who thinks the umps cost us tonight needs to take of their red, white and black glasses..

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 13: St Kilda vs Geelong, Saturday Night @ the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back