Round 13 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that team looks very good for the back end of the season, especially with a lot of trades; I would probably prefer it to mine! I could also get Bont this week, but not sure he's right for me given my current fwds. Would you consider bringing in any loopholing players in the next few weeks, or are you of the view that as much cover as possible is best given that there will be injuries to premiums?

If I can get my team to the point where let's say one of Ziebell/Bont and one of Burgoyne/Ibbo/Smith are filling my F7/D7 spots, then I'd definitely look at loopholing players.

Most probably, I'll bring some in when I'm making desperate cash grabs - when I'm downgrading Hamling to pocket $60K because I'm desperate to spend it to bring GAJ in -- and there's no reliable rookies playing. I think if there's rookies playing, I'd bring them in for cover. They tend to end up becoming loophole options anyway.

What's your team name mate? I'd love to take a look.

If I can get my team to the point where let's say one of Ziebell/Bont and one of Burgoyne/Ibbo/Smith are filling my F7/D7 spots, then I'd definitely look at loopholing players.

Most probably, I'll bring some in when I'm making desperate cash grabs - when I'm downgrading Hamling to pocket $60K because I'm desperate to spend it to bring GAJ in -- and there's no reliable rookies playing. I think if there's rookies playing, I'd bring them in for cover. They tend to end up becoming loophole options anyway.

What's your team name mate? I'd love to take a look.
Its "Ling's Bling", I posted it on the last page asking for advice haha.

SELWOOD > Hodge, Mitchell or Hannebery??
This thing is gonna do my head in!!

Who should I bring in SLOANE, HANNEBERY or HODGE ? (Trading out Selwood)

With SC Finals in mind, Swans have a soft run home Rounds 20-23, so am leaning towards Hanners... But don't know :drunk:

tumblr_npzyyiT3sg1typl03o1_1280.jpg

Any excuse to post pics of Sloane Peterson :p

Hello everyone, really struggling to decide my trades for this week and would love some help..

I'm almost certain I'll trade Pittard and Tarrant this week as well as one of Dumont or Lever. Ideally I would like to trade Dumont out because Lever has more cash to make in the short term and doesn't have as much of a sub risk. However, trading out Lever helps my team structurally (in terms of getting full premiums available for next week and in the future). I need to bring Higgins back and am looking to bring in Hodge this week and potentially Simpson next week for Oxley (I'd be interested in your thoughts on that too). This would leave me with Saad or Motlop as an extra keeper on the bench with a fair bit of cash in the bank (~$250k). I'm also struggling to decide which two rookies to select out of Edwards, Kavanagh and Lambert (Edwards probably the least helpful in terms of structure, but could score well).

So potentially:

Pittard -> Hodge
Tarrant -> Lambert
Lever (Higgins back, Goddard forward) -> Kavanagh

Would leave me with only 8 trades. Note: If I trade Dumont instead, I'd have Hodge stranded in the mids and only 5 playable defenders next week.

Thoughts on this, or better options?

Thanks guys.

View attachment 146992

....I've looked into it a lot mate.

Wanted to find some really solid advice around the DPP and such.

Got nothing.

I think the move you have planned is necessary. You've got to get Hodge in or pray for injury suspension.

Is it worth grabbing Beasley over Edwards to fund Picken over Gibbo/Birch?
Personally I'm not 100% on Beasley, I have Dale as a FWD and the thought of him and Beasley as F7 and F8 doesn't fill me confidence.

If you can wait a week and if you don't have Lambert, maybe see how he goes tonight and slot him in next week?
You can also see how Edwards (ESS) goes as it is his second game.

Personally I'm not 100% on Beasley, I have Dale as a FWD and the thought of him and Beasley as F7 and F8 doesn't fill me confidence.

If you can wait a week and if you don't have Lambert, maybe see how he goes tonight and slot him in next week?
You can also see how Edwards (ESS) goes as it is his second game.

Beasley is a defender so he will be at D8 for me, only problem is currently have Lever sitting at D7

Boakhurst is interesting. I just don't know if he is worth it. He may get an extened run but I doubt he'd make much cash.
Might be worth the punt to get rid of Glenn tho! :rolleyes:

Not really. He's an outside type who won't score well in SC and is the ideal type for vest duties.

Hello ladies.
Pretty much been my plan this week.
Taz > Lambert chops.
K mac > Smith.
get boomer next week for clark .
then ox to someone wont be able to get hodge tho.

team is here if anyone else has something to add.
14trades only 7k.
upload_2015-6-26_14-6-44.png

Really want to get Sloane. Only have 15 players prior to trades and 10 trades overall

I can either use 2 trades:
Tarrant > Lambert
Krak > Sloane

Or 3 trades:
Tarrant > Lambert
McKenzie > S.Edwards
Dumont > Sloane

I guess it comes down to whether I would rather keep Dumont (+1 extra trade) or Krak (1 less trade).

Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Early thoughts are:
McIntosh>Neal-Bullen (via Newnes)
Lever>Steele (via Saad)
Clarke>Dahlhaus

Leaves me with 13 trades, $94k and the following team:

View attachment 145853

Hi Guys

Teams are in, so now with Lambert available I'll go with him, as opposed to Steele or Neal-Bullen.

2 options I have: make 2 trades or make 3 trades. I have

McIntosh>Lambert (via Newnes)
Clarke>Bontempelli (or anyone under $526k)

or

Lever>Steele/Neal-Bullen
Clarke>Dahlhaus (or any FWD under $640k)

I guess the question is, do I make 3 trades now, to lock in a FWD of Dahlhaus/Goddard quality, or do I make 2 trades, which sees me pick up Bont, and will give me another week or 2 to look at Steele/Neal-Bullen, and allow other cows to moo, and possibly Lever to make his way back in to the side..

Is Bont worth the punt at his price, and can he get back to consistent 95-100 scores, or should I pay the premium for consistency?

Any thoughts?

Hello everyone, really struggling to decide my trades for this week and would love some help..

I'm almost certain I'll trade Pittard and Tarrant this week as well as one of Dumont or Lever. Ideally I would like to trade Dumont out because Lever has more cash to make in the short term and doesn't have as much of a sub risk. However, trading out Lever helps my team structurally (in terms of getting full premiums available for next week and in the future). I need to bring Higgins back and am looking to bring in Hodge this week and potentially Simpson next week for Oxley (I'd be interested in your thoughts on that too). This would leave me with Saad or Motlop as an extra keeper on the bench with a fair bit of cash in the bank (~$250k). I'm also struggling to decide which two rookies to select out of Edwards, Kavanagh and Lambert (Edwards probably the least helpful in terms of structure, but could score well).

So potentially:

Pittard -> Hodge
Tarrant -> Lambert
Lever (Higgins back, Goddard forward) -> Kavanagh

Would leave me with only 8 trades. Note: If I trade Dumont instead, I'd have Hodge stranded in the mids and only 5 playable defenders next week.

Thoughts on this, or better options?

Thanks guys.

View attachment 146992

Trade Dumont. As much as I think he'll be a good 75-80 averaging mid and an ideal M9 cover player, Notf subbing him two weeks in a row have cruelled his cash generating potential.

His last 2 sub affected scores of 22 & 35 have well and truly ****ed him as a cash cow. BE of 78 and highly likely to be subbed again. ****ing norf.

Trade Dumont. As much as I think he'll be a good 75-80 averaging mid and an ideal M9 cover player, Notf subbing him two weeks in a row have cruelled his cash generating potential.

His last 2 sub affected scores of 22 & 35 have well and truly stuffed him as a cash cow. BE of 78 and highly likely to be subbed again. ******* norf.

Ideally I would.. Do you think its worth trading him despite it leaving me with premiums on the bench in coming weeks? Or trade lever to avoid that? Thanks for your reply!

I've already gone KMac > Smith

I'm getting nothing out of my F7 (Goddard) & F8 (Lamb) So considering a 'sideways' trade to either McLEAN or LAMBERT?? Wothwhile??

Then in my MID's i'm gonna pull the trigger on Selwood > either SLOANE, HANNERS or HODGE...But can't decide...

Thoughts on these trades?? FYI here is my team:

upload_2015-6-26_15-55-32.png

thinking about trading Tarrant out for Mclean or Lambert and Mcintosh for Houli or B.Smith .
who here can suggest the best combination for those trades ??

for the record my FWD line is complete and my backline only needs Mcintosh and Saad upgraded

Hi Guys

Teams are in, so now with Lambert available I'll go with him, as opposed to Steele or Neal-Bullen.

2 options I have: make 2 trades or make 3 trades. I have

Clarke>Bontempelli (or anyone under $526k)

or

Lever>Steele/Neal-Bullen
Clarke>Dahlhaus (or any FWD under $640k)

I guess the question is, do I make 3 trades now, to lock in a FWD of Dahlhaus/Goddard quality, or do I make 2 trades, which sees me pick up Bont, and will give me another week or 2 to look at Steele/Neal-Bullen, and allow other cows to moo, and possibly Lever to make his way back in to the side..

Is Bont worth the punt at his price, and can he get back to consistent 95-100 scores, or should I pay the premium for consistency?

Any thoughts?
I like that team in the printout in the post you quoted.
Krack good cover swings with steel.
lambert playing hes second game steel will get more games he looked pretty good.
Newnes and Saad back looks better IMHO.

I've already gone KMac > Smith

I'm getting nothing out of my F7 (Goddard) & F8 (Lamb) So considering a 'sideways' trade to either McLEAN or LAMBERT?? Wothwhile??

Then in my MID's i'm gonna pull the trigger on Selwood > either SLOANE, HANNERS or HODGE...But can't decide...

Thoughts on these trades?? FYI here is my team:

View attachment 147032
I dont like Lamb chops will play this year was injuried in the waffle while back darling back and eagles for flying.
Mid year rookies a crapshot hard to know who's good or poo.
Mclean looks good in hes last game.
Or get a mid rookie swing Steel forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back