Round 13 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harley is ultra gutsy

Go Cyril...i am:D he plays in a far better side

But love the plan a lot

Its agressive

I can see I need to be a bit more aggressive.

Although, I think ultimately this would mean I couldn't get Shaw next week. Tarrant + KMac probably aren't going to generate enough cash to down downgrade + Shaw. Probably fall a bit short.

I've made two trades this week. Mcintosh and CEY to Lambert and Parker. One up and one down. Tidy and feels good

Although, I think ultimately this would mean I couldn't get Shaw next week. Tarrant + KMac probably aren't going to generate enough cash to down downgrade + Shaw. Probably fall a bit short.

If u went bont/cyril Instead of goddard harley csn u get shaw next week

Cyril over Bennell would save me just over $50K, so, yeah, it could be the difference.

Tarrant + KMac give me close to $600K, Shaw is $550K.

I could still be short, KMac will lose money.

toxic

Maybe I go Bont+Smith+Cyril/Bennell for Selwood+Pittard+Tarrant/Ziebell.

It'd leave me with a lot more cash to bring in Shaw next week, and may not cost me any points. ...may also cost me hundreds :)

Pretty speculative trio I'd be bringing in.

Have him too. Think it's definately a waste of a trade with selwood, especially when it's most likely 2 trades to upgrade him. Season is only halfway gone so I'll happily back him in to find form after his break.

Straight swap of Selwood > Rockcliff in round 14/15

toxic

Maybe I go Bont+Smith+Cyril/Bennell for Selwood+Pittard+Tarrant/Ziebell.

It'd leave me with a lot more cash to bring in Shaw next week, and may not cost me any points. ...may also cost me hundreds :)

Pretty speculative trio I'd be bringing in.

Bonts not speculative imo
brodie very capable. .still getting the ball just needs his d/e to improve
both harley and cyril are very very speculative

Gotta take a risk i guess

Ps pies very up 2nite

12 trades and 81.9k

def shaw, taylor, simpson, burgoyne, saad, bsmith (lever, hamling)

mid fyfe pendles armitage danger selwood griffen wines bontempelli (dumont menadue cockatoo)

ruck: goldstein jacobs (cox)

fwd: martin swan bgoddard mitchell higgins lonie (dale, h goddard)

really not sure what to do, lack of cash generation and job rookies amongst mid rookies is a big issue for me

have 17 starters this week assuming menadue isnt a late in

Ideally get Sloane in and bonts can then become F6 but cash is a problem, even if I go Lonie > Steele or Lambert I can't afford Dumont > Sloane (thanks BScott for making him sub again!).
I suppose I could go Griffen > Sloane but unsure given Griffen returned to form last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some impressive teams and trades in the final bye week!

My team:

B: Shaw, Hodge, Oxley, Newnes, Lumumba, Saad (Brown & Lever)
M: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Ward, Beams, Neale, JPK, Watson, Cripps (Dmac, Amon & Dumont)
R: Goldy & NicNat (Cox)
F: Gray, Dusty, Swan, BJ, Hogan, Kraks (Lonie & Steele)
19 Trades 241k left.

Biggest issues are my recent rookie choices, lack of defence and forward premos.

Possible trades
Out Lumumba/Lever/Amon/Dumont/Hogan
IN Bonts/Mitchell/Lambert/Smith/Deledio

But I'd appreciate any feedback or suggestions

Lumumba goners, Sloane in through Saad DPP.

Leaves my (current) final team looking like this:

Final team.jpg

Aside from bringing in Fyfe (next week), Heater (next week) and 1 other premo in defense, not sure if I need to address anywhere else? Still have 11 trades and 225k left thanks to Krak's last-minute upgrade. Any input would be welcome - maybe Dumont -> playing rookie pricer, could be forward or mid thanks to Krak DPP?

Wish the coaches would quit screwing around with Dumont/Dale - thought those two would've tacked on another 30k each by now.

Last edited:
Some impressive teams and trades in the final bye week!

My team:

B: Shaw, Hodge, Oxley, Newnes, Lumumba, Saad (Brown & Lever)
M: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Ward, Beams, Neale, JPK, Watson, Cripps (Dmac, Amon & Dumont)
R: Goldy & NicNat (Cox)
F: Gray, Dusty, Swan, BJ, Hogan, Kraks (Lonie & Steele)
19 Trades 241k left.

Biggest issues are my recent rookie choices, lack of defence and forward premos.

Possible trades
Out Lumumba/Lever/Amon/Dumont/Hogan
IN Bonts/Mitchell/Lambert/Smith/Deledio

But I'd appreciate any feedback or suggestions

19 trades? You had a great start to the year then.

Lumumba to TMc, Hogan + Lonie to Bonts and Lambert/Kavanaugh? Don't think you have quite enough cash, but CBFd to do the math right now. But Lumumba to TMc should be a priority.

toxic

After careful consideration, I think I can get away with just bringing in 2 good players this week.

So, rather than getting speculative on, potentially Bont, Cyril, Smith I think I can play a little bit safer.

If I trade Pittard, Lever and Tarrant to Smith, Bontempelli and Lambert

16 Non-rookie scorers:
DEF: Burgoyne, Hodge, Ibbotson, Smith, Hamling, McIntosh (Yeo, McKenzie)
MID: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Beams, Neale, Kennedy, Parker, Sloane, Lambert (Steele, Amon, Selwood)
RUC: Jacobs, *Cox (Goldstein)
FOR: Martin, Swan, Deledio, Bontempelli, Lonie, Dale (Ziebell, Gray)

with the best two scores from McIntosh, Hamling, Dale, Lonie and Lambert bringing me up to 18.

I'd have $173,600 banked. With the intention of bringing Shaw in for McIntosh. To finance it, I'd probably need to downgrade Lonie, to Shaun Edwards via Lambert via McKenzie.

Round 14 team:
DEF: Burgoyne, Hodge, Ibbotson, Smith, Shaw, Yeo (Edwards, Hamling)
MID: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Beams, Neale, Kennedy, Parker, Sloane, Selwood (Steele, McKenzie, Amon)
RUC: Jacobs, Goldstein (Cox)
FOR: Martin, Swan, Deledio, Bontempelli, Gray, Ziebell (Lambert, Dale)

If Lambert is the sub, I can do the same, except I'd bring in Shaun Edwards this week, and Lambert next week.

I'd have a "complete" team, but be out of cash, and I'd have no rookies to sell in the immediate future. I'd have 11 trades left, and I feel like the rookies on the bench wouldn't be a horrible bunch to have. DPP to both forwards and defence via Steele and McKenzie.

Interested in anyone's feedback.

Last edited:
I'd
toxic

After careful consideration, I think I can get away with just bringing in 2 good players this week.

So, rather than getting speculative on, potentially Bont, Cyril, Smith I think I can play a little bit safer.

If I trade Pittard, Lever and Tarrant to Smith, Bontempelli and Edwards

16 Non-rookie scorers:
MID: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Beams, Neale, Kennedy, Parker, Sloane, Lambert (Steele, Amon, Selwood)

with the best two scores from McIntosh, Hamling, Dale, Lonie and Lambert bringing me up to 18.

I'd have $173,600 banked. With the intention of bringing Shaw in for McIntosh. To finance it, I'd probably need to downgrade Lonie, to Shaun Edwards via Lambert via McKenzie.

Round 14 team:
MID: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Beams, Neale, Kennedy, Parker, Sloane, Selwood (Steele, McKenzie, Amon)

If Lambert is the sub, I can do the same, except I'd bring in Shaun Edwards this week, and Lambert next week.

I'd have a "complete" team, but be out of cash, and I'd have no rookies to sell in the immediate future. I'd have 11 trades left, and I feel like the rookies on the bench wouldn't be a horrible bunch to have. DPP to both forwards and defence via Steele and McKenzie.

Still go bonts over edwards

Good tho

I'd

Still go bonts over edwards

Good tho

I made a small error in the post. Edited it now.

*If I trade Pittard, Lever and Tarrant to Smith, Bontempelli and Lambert

^^That line said "Edwards" instead of Lambert. I didn't see how I could make it work above with Lambert. But then found a way through DPP.

So, all of the structural stuff stands, I just get Lambert this week and Shaun Edwards next week if Lambert isn't the sub. If he is the sub, I get Shaun Edwards this week and Lambert next week.

toxic

16 Non-rookie scorers:

Round 14 team:

Not sure how I feel about Ibbo in the final team.

toxic

16 Non-rookie scorers:

Round 14 team:

ok - here is my 2c
You can play safe any other year
But, this year your stars have aligned - so go hard and take advantage of this bye
Get rid off Selwood and get in Buddy - you got to get him, likely to score a few 130+ in the 2nd half of the year, then Shaw
if money get tight, only then consider bonts and smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back