Round 13 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok - here is my 2c
You can play safe any other year
But, this year your stars have aligned - so go hard and take advantage of this bye
Get rid off Selwood and get in Buddy - you got to get him, likely to score a few 130+ in the 2nd half of the year, then Shaw
if money get tight, only then consider bonts and smith

Meh. Buddy to Selwood costs you 50k and nets you a whole 3 points on the average. Buddy is up and down, Selwood is steadily boring. Don't know that I would call that a "must" move, particularly with his backline needs.

ok - here is my 2c
You can play safe any other year
But, this year your stars have aligned - so go hard and take advantage of this bye
Get rid off Selwood and get in Buddy - you got to get him, likely to score a few 130+ in the 2nd half of the year, then Shaw
if money get tight, only then consider bonts and smith

A lot of the guys at the top have Buddy.

I think I need him as an anti-POD. Need him to get suspended for doing something dumb. I don't think I can catch the guy in first if I bring in the same players as him.

I like Ibbo more than I like Burgoyne.

I've still got that large number of trades, so if I'm able to do more upgrading later, I will.

Ibbo's recent scoring will certainly help upgrade him if I wish to.

I've cooled on Burgoyne as the year has gone on, but don't like either one really. However, given the raging tire fire that SC defense has been this year, I suppose you could do worse.

Tarrant > Lambert -may be sub but whatever he gets is better than a 0 and frees up cash for double upgrade next week
KMac > Smith - no brainer, at worst becomes a D6/D7 with Oxley. Both Oxley & Smith have the capability to go large.
CEY > Hodge - CEY high BE and Hodge looking like a must have in defense, with Hawks needing to go hard for rest of year dont expect him to miss too many games in the run home, maybe 1 late but with the Oxley/Smith combo from above I should have decent cover.

Next week Gawn and one of Proddis/Heppell/Parker and I will be able to put my team in the completed teams thread.

Tarrant > Lambert -may be sub but whatever he gets is better than a 0 and frees up cash for double upgrade next week
KMac > Smith - no brainer, at worst becomes a D6/D7 with Oxley. Both Oxley & Smith have the capability to go large.
CEY > Hodge - CEY high BE and Hodge looking like a must have in defense, with Hawks needing to go hard for rest of year dont expect him to miss too many games in the run home, maybe 1 late but with the Oxley/Smith combo from above I should have decent cover.

Next week Gawn and one of Proddis/Heppell/Parker and I will be able to put my team in the completed teams thread.

Also, Hodge has already had 4 weeks off this year (3 weeks susp + bye) so I can't see him being rested from here on.

A lot of the guys at the top have Buddy.

I think I need him as an anti-POD. Need him to get suspended for doing something dumb. I don't think I can catch the guy in first if I bring in the same players as him.
You ain't going to catch anyone being ultra conservative.

Go hard or go home.

This thing is gonna do my head in!!

Who should I bring in SLOANE, HANNEBERY or HODGE ? (Trading out Selwood)

With SC Finals in mind, Swans have a soft run home Rounds 20-23, so am leaning towards Hanners... But don't know :drunk:

Please assist either
Selwood, Yolmen, Kraq to Hodge, Mongtagna and Steele?
Or Selwood, Yolmen, Kraq and Saad to Shiel, Hodge, Sloane, Steele?

Also, Hodge has already had 4 weeks off this year (3 weeks susp + bye) so I can't see him being rested from here on.

I'm getting him this week but I wouldn't be surprised if he's injured or rested a week. Hopefully it's not in a crucial week. He is by far the best defender.

What's Shaun McKernans job security like??

I've already planned on getting in Gawn next week at $410k as F7/R3 cover but with Belly out for the season McKernan should be good for 70-80's as cover, also an extra game than Gawn this week and $155k cheaper. Is he a risk of being dropped for Giles?

They decided to not play a ruckman instead of Giles when McKernan wasn't available. I think that says something about where Giles is in their thought process.

What are peoples thoughts on Kavanagh’s JS. Would he be a good downgrade option with Colyer out of the side? Im either going to trade out Dumont or Tarrant, my other option is Lambert but I’d rather wait a week on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was undecided about who i wanted to upgrade Tarrent to. Went Buddy first to see if i liked the look of him in my team structure, then went to roll back the trade to try Dahlhaus only to find i couldn't because i traded in Mundy yesterday. Doh! Made that choice a lot easier.

Two trades.......

McKenzie >>> Smith
Dumont >>> Steele

Gives me a full premium team if you're prepared to count Cripps (yes), Smith (Hmmmm.....) & Pittard :)eek::(:$) as keepers/starters.

Bench is Gawn, Steele, Lambert, Hamling, Pearce, Steele, Amon, Boston.

I'll still be aiming to upgrade a couple here or there if the opportunity presents but reasonably happy (F@ck you Jab watson & Duckwood)

Im now wondering if I should swap mckenzie into my backline and upgrade kmac to watson.

Not sure if mckenzie will play many more games this year though?

I have Watson. If I could turn back time and I was given the choice to:

A: trade in Watson

Or

B: cut off one of my own testicles, run it through a mincer and then eat it raw carpaccio style.

I'd probably have to think about it a while.

Hello everyone, really struggling to decide my trades for this week and would love some help..

I'm almost certain I'll trade Pittard and Tarrant this week as well as one of Dumont or Lever. Ideally I would like to trade Dumont out because Lever has more cash to make in the short term and doesn't have as much of a sub risk. However, trading out Lever helps my team structurally (in terms of getting full premiums available for next week and in the future). I need to bring Higgins back and am looking to bring in Hodge this week and potentially Simpson next week for Oxley (I'd be interested in your thoughts on that too). This would leave me with Saad or Motlop as an extra keeper on the bench with a fair bit of cash in the bank (~$250k). I'm also struggling to decide which two rookies to select out of Edwards, Kavanagh and Lambert (Edwards probably the least helpful in terms of structure, but could score well).

So potentially:

Pittard -> Hodge
Tarrant -> Lambert
Lever (Higgins back, Goddard forward) -> Kavanagh

Would leave me with only 8 trades. Note: If I trade Dumont instead, I'd have Hodge stranded in the mids and only 5 playable defenders next week.

Thoughts on this, or better options?

Thanks guys.

r13.JPG

toxic

After careful consideration, I think I can get away with just bringing in 2 good players this week.

So, rather than getting speculative on, potentially Bont, Cyril, Smith I think I can play a little bit safer.

If I trade Pittard, Lever and Tarrant to Smith, Bontempelli and Lambert

16 Non-rookie scorers:
DEF: Burgoyne, Hodge, Ibbotson, Smith, Hamling, McIntosh (Yeo, McKenzie)
MID: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Beams, Neale, Kennedy, Parker, Sloane, Lambert (Steele, Amon, Selwood)
RUC: Jacobs, *Cox (Goldstein)
FOR: Martin, Swan, Deledio, Bontempelli, Lonie, Dale (Ziebell, Gray)

with the best two scores from McIntosh, Hamling, Dale, Lonie and Lambert bringing me up to 18.

I'd have $173,600 banked. With the intention of bringing Shaw in for McIntosh. To finance it, I'd probably need to downgrade Lonie, to Shaun Edwards via Lambert via McKenzie.

Round 14 team:
DEF: Burgoyne, Hodge, Ibbotson, Smith, Shaw, Yeo (Edwards, Hamling)
MID: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Beams, Neale, Kennedy, Parker, Sloane, Selwood (Steele, McKenzie, Amon)
RUC: Jacobs, Goldstein (Cox)
FOR: Martin, Swan, Deledio, Bontempelli, Gray, Ziebell (Lambert, Dale)

If Lambert is the sub, I can do the same, except I'd bring in Shaun Edwards this week, and Lambert next week.

I'd have a "complete" team, but be out of cash, and I'd have no rookies to sell in the immediate future. I'd have 11 trades left, and I feel like the rookies on the bench wouldn't be a horrible bunch to have. DPP to both forwards and defence via Steele and McKenzie.

Interested in anyone's feedback.
I think that team looks very good for the back end of the season, especially with a lot of trades; I would probably prefer it to mine! I could also get Bont this week, but not sure he's right for me given my current fwds. Would you consider bringing in any loopholing players in the next few weeks, or are you of the view that as much cover as possible is best given that there will be injuries to premiums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back