Round 13 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went with Tippet and J Smith to Zerret and Stewart. Not too fussed with Stewart's JS as I'll use him in a late season luxury upgrade or M10/11. Allows me to upgrade Wagner to Simpson next week in a single trade. Get two premiums and a rookie for a good player a two rookies. Decent use of three trades. Happy.

Last edited:

Don't want to distract from people's pre-lockout dilemmas, just a syllogism I've been mulling (between convincing myself that Stef will outperform Gawny at a bargain basement price because I need him to)

Toby Greene likes feasting on carcasses.
GWS' upcoming fixture is carcass-heavy
Therefore Toby Greene will feast on many carcasses on the run home.

Bit like a Steve Motlop style one for F7/M9.

Would he be worth a punt? Or madness to even consider?

Greene is a hard one, he's been really good but averaging something awful the last five weeks. He's given away like 15 frees in that time which doesn't help. If he can fix that up he's already 10 points better off. He's one that could pull a 140 in finals so he's certainly a good price.

Sammy Mitchell? Bloody hell he is cheap @ $440k!! Surely justifies M7/M8??? And Hawks don't have a Bye til 3rd week...

He is cheap - wonder why tho?

Made 2 trades this week:
Nic Nat>Gawn
J.Smith>Trengove

Leaves me with 14 trades and $430k in the bank.

17 on the field (presuming Trengove and AMT make final cut)

Any advice/thoughts on where to go from here?

View attachment 257511
Decided to add another premium in so will go with:
Smith>Trengove
Naitanui>Gawn
Papley>Selwood (or Rocky TBC)

Not ideal with round 15 bye, but will go AMT>Montagna next week to offset that

Greene is a hard one, he's been really good but averaging something awful the last five weeks. He's given away like 15 frees in that time which doesn't help. If he can fix that up he's already 10 points better off. He's one that could pull a 140 in finals so he's certainly a good price.
I haven't caught a GWS game, but I feel like he's playing pure forward now, only hitting around 20 touches and kicking a heap of goals. I've had him since the start, but I'd steer clear from bringing him in when he's playing as a forward.

Stats for Stewart in the VFL. First column disposals, second goals, 3rd tackles and 4th DT points. Guessing he played as a small forward.
Round 1 17 1 5 79
Round 2 17 1 9 108
Round 3 18 2 5 92
Round 4 20 2 5 109
Round 6 14 1 8 100
Round 7 12 0 5 61

Interesting that he came into the senior team after his quietest game of the year. They must rate him. Averaging over 6 tackles a game.

I'm getting him but not with a great deal of confidence. I still have Dmac and between now and the end of the year Stewart is more likely to get games than Dmac, hence my decision.

Edit: If my m11 was playing I would pass him over, but at 102k I may as well take a punt. Dmac won't play again this year.

Last edited:
He is cheap - wonder why tho?

He's been copping a lot of attention, especially with Hodge out and some of our other mids down a bit. He could be up for a good score tonight if he plays the right position/role.

He's certainly value and should do better in the next month than in the last one but I can't see him hitting the heights he was reaching in the first few rounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think I'd be better off going with a "safer" option like Hanners?

Hanners v Sammy

Not even a conversation.

Sammy is a key to hawks success
Hanners is a key to your SC success

Do you think I'd be better off going with a "safer" option like Hanners?
I would. Can't have Mitchell and his 33 possession, 75 point games. Hanners much more reliable imo

I have Dmac sitting on the pine at M11, is it to risky picking up Stewart as well? Has Jansen got safer JS?

I am gonna make a move on the Dahl... Ideally for another DPP...

Possible options:
Zerrett
Wells (i know i'm an idiot that i traded him out afew weeks ago bcos i believed his achilles was shot :()
Greene

Or I could just go for a straight MID up to $527k (via DPP), Possible options:
Priddis
Rocky
SMitchell
RGray

Thoughts??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back