Game Day Round 13 vs. Melbourne, MCG, 3:20pm Monday 10/06 (King's Birthday)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see Krueger in, but Steven May looks absolutely injured at the moment, and I would play someone fairly nimble on him like Reef. When the ball hits the deck he (May) can barely bend over.

Just on Krueger

This is first time at Collingwood where he has a good run being fit and played a good game in vfl.

It's time to just play him

On previous occasions he has been rushed into the seniors

I honestly believe and hope he proves alot of people wrong and turns his career around..

At a minimum a trade of Krueger for Keane (if Krueger stays fit ) seems a fair trade imo (assuming both want to leave )

Where can I score what you’re having? 😉 I love your optimism. Go Pies.
I hope that you are right but I feel that we are continually handicapped from the 1st minute when you have no effective key forwards in the team. I just wish for once that Ash Johnson would actually show some fair dinkum desperation & even when does not have the ball, he could actually exert some physical pressure on his opponent/opponents. His body language however is just so poor! Therefore he is not likely to play on Monday. At least Nathan Krueger - who is certainly not the most skilled player in the game - actually puts his body on the line even to the extent of being regularly injured unfortunately given his track record over the last couple of years. As for Reef - provided he is fit - , this is his big opportunity to really stand up & leave his mark on the game by kicking 3 or 4 goals. In addition, I would also like him to exert much more physical pressure on Melbourne's backline. Anyway, I can only hope! Goodnight & good luck.

The next 2 weeks are pretty big for us when you take a look at some of the games going on around us.

Round 13:
Hawthorn 12th vs GWS 7th
Sydney 1st vs Geelong 3rd
Essendon 2nd vs Carlton 5th
Bye: Power, Dockers

Round 14:
Western Bulldogs vs Fremantle
GWS vs Port Adelaide
Bye: Suns, Blues, Cats, Bombers, Demons, Eagles

Round 15:
Carlton vs Geelong
GWS vs Sydney
Fremantle vs Suns
Bye: Crows, Magpies, Dogs, Hawks, Saints, Tigers

I want to see Krueger in, but Steven May looks absolutely injured at the moment, and I would play someone fairly nimble on him like Reef. When the ball hits the deck he (May) can barely bend over.
If May does manage to bend over, I hope Maynard gives him a kick up the arse.

The next 2 weeks are pretty big for us when you take a look at some of the games going on around us.

Round 13:
Hawthorn 12th vs GWS 7th

Round 14:
GWS vs Port Adelaide

Round 15:
Carlton vs Geelong
GWS vs Sydney
Fremantle vs Suns
Win both and it could really set us up for the second half of the year. Especially with the troops returning after the bye.

Win both and it could really set us up for the second half of the year. Especially with the troops returning after the bye.
With current state of player health I'd be happy with one win from the next two, then regroup after the bye.

Round 13:
Hawthorn 12th vs GWS 7th

Round 14:
GWS vs Port Adelaide

Round 15:
Carlton vs Geelong
GWS vs Sydney
Fremantle vs Suns
As things stand, the Swans aside, you can throw a blanket over a whole bunch of teams.
If we can cobble together enough wins, top 4 is still a possibility.
We need a percentage boost, so we should be looking to smash a couple of teams, starting with North.

Let's look to beat Melbourne first, though.

Last edited:
As things stand, the Swans aside, you can throw a blanket over a whole bunch of teams.
If we can cobble together enough wins, top 4 is still a possibility.
We need a percentage boost, so we should be looking to smash a couple of teams, starting with North after the bye.

Let's look to beat Melbourne first, though.
We play North before the bye, so to beat them after the bye would be a very fine thing indeed.

Would be a pretty miraculous performance, indeed. Here's hoping! :praying:

Last edited:

Round 13:
Hawthorn 12th vs GWS 7th

Round 14:
GWS vs Port Adelaide

Round 15:
Carlton vs Geelong
GWS vs Sydney
Fremantle vs Suns

Monday is season defining. Win the next 2, get a week off and get plenty of troops back to hand the Suns their first defeat at home this season. We'll be knocking on the door of the top 4 by that stage and on our way to no.17.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bobby Hill limping off ground at training, hopefully it's not serious
Makes sense. His turn. Plays in the forward line. Pretty much everyone who has played forward for us has been injured at some stage this year (except Schultz and Lipinski):

McStay, Mihocek, Elliott, Cox, WHE, Richards, McInnes, DeGoey, McReery, (even Harrison missed one week with an ankle).

Makes sense. His turn. Plays in the forward line. Pretty much everyone who has played forward for us has been injured at some stage this year (except Schultz and Lipinski):

McStay, Mihocek, Elliott, Cox, WHE, Richards, McInnes, DeGoey, McReery, (even Harrison missed one week with an ankle).
I'm hoping jen2310 will confirm it. We'll, not hoping so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back