Autopsy Round 14, 2020: Melbourne v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

King will have nightmares about May. We needed to do something about that match up a lot earlier, pretty much lost us the game.

Hind was hopeless, has done nothing for a month but still getting picked, I'm confused. His effort to not contest a forward entry late in the game was really poor.

Billings probably his worst game ever.

Ryder, Marshall, Steele, Coff the best.

Basically we choked tonight. Pretty sad loss, not much else you can say about it. Dropping Carlisle didn't help at all. Clark needs to stop kicking on his left when he doesn't have to. The play where Hill basically stopped at half back because he didnt have an option, gave it to Clark who arrogantly kicked on his left. It cost us so much momentum!

Just a shocking, shocking loss. Not much else you can say.
Agree it happens so many times with a "must win game"

Cant remember the last time I was this angry about a loss. I can usually find the positives or silver lining in something.

But not tonight. The repercussion of that loss are just too big to excuse.

Playing finals is out of our hands now. A side that plays like that cant beat West Coast or GWS. Now we have to sit back and hope another team becomes as pathetic as we were tonight.

Bye has come at the perfect time... The lack of quality training is showing, we've steadily dropped off since the Port win.

I believe in the group but they need to get some mojo back.

Needed to run and handball a little more tonight, didn't think we were bold enough to run and carry.

Got alot of players out of form, Billings, Clark, Butler is down, Membrey to name a few.

Jack Steele was enormous, fantastic game.

We'll be ok but we need to put in some serious work going I50.

You make excellent points. And I didn't realise we had the bye next, so maybe my calls to drop certain players was a little hasty.

We were hopeless as a collective but that's a given, given we lost to a team we should've beat. Why explain the obvious?

King was sh*t, has been for weeks. Defending him because he is young? How about if he's not up to AFL standard he plays in the scratch matches instead. He is doing us no favours.
Not up to AFL standard? Hahahaha ok mate you have an agenda against King and you’ve dug too far so now you’re trying to think of ways to prove it.

Not up to AFL standard, **** me what a call.

19 goals but not up to standard, ffs what am I reading here.

Leaving this thread before I have to read anymore King talk.

Cant remember the last time I was this angry about a loss. I can usually find the positives or silver lining in something.

But not tonight. The repercussion of that loss are just too big to excuse.

Playing finals is out of our hands now. A side that plays like that cant beat West Coast or GWS. Now we have to sit back and hope another team becomes as pathetic as we were tonight.
It’s actually completely in our hands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is fine. Just don't play him in the seniors when we have finals to play for. He isn't up to it. Lost count the amount of times he easily gets pushed out of a contest. Was poor against Brisbane and backed it up with an equally shocking performance tonight. Get him out of the side.

Well shit mate might as well drop Membrey.

Kings played 14 senior game. And has more goals than a guy who has what? 100 to his name? Thank **** you werent in charge for Roos first game. You would have sent him back to the 2s never to be seen again. We dont have another option. That was shown tonight. That's why Bruce plays for the Dogs. He was never going to be the backup forward option.

Don't play him then.
Hes kicked 18 goals this season and is our leading tall forward. Better than Membrey.

Where we going to replace 18 goals from?

The guys not a messiah. He can't beat 3 opponents in the one high ball marking contest.

Whats the other guys doing to provide another option?

Not up to AFL standard? Hahahaha ok mate you have an agenda against King and you’ve dug too far so now you’re trying to think of ways to prove it.

Not up to AFL standard, fu** me what a call.

19 goals but not up to standard, ffs what am I reading here.

Leaving this thread before I have to read anymore King talk.
Agenda hahahaha

Why defend him? He has been shocking the last two weeks, can't mark to save his life. Why keep playing him to the detriment of the team. I want to win games I don't care who is in the side but he isn't offering anything.

North, Freo and now Melbourne. Trash teams dragging us down to their level. It’s a young team learning but it’s bloody frustrating.

Our small forwards were nowhere tonight. Forward 50 tackles would be non existent.

Barely kicked it to a forwards advantage and made May look like Rance.

Goal line camera would’ve been nice. Joys of playing in the sticks I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

honestly, this is pretty pathetic to target a first year KPP.

as if this is the sole reason we lost.
Well if our dumb players tried other avenues to try to get a score we wouldn't be targeting him.
I never played Senior Football in my life and I realised early in the game we don't Bomb it to King every kick going Forward

Well sh*t mate might as well drop Membrey.

Kings played 14 senior game. And has more goals than a guy who has what? 100 to his name? Thank fu** you werent in charge for Roos first game. You would have sent him back to the 2s never to be seen again. We dont have another option. That was shown tonight. That's why Bruce plays for the Dogs. He was never going to be the backup forward option.
Hes kicked 18 goals this season and is our leading tall forward. Better than Membrey.

Where we going to replace 18 goals from?

The guys not a messiah. He can't beat 3 opponents in the one high ball marking contest.

Whats the other guys doing to provide another option?
He has been shit, are we seriously defending him because of his age? Let him go back and learn how to take a contested mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 14, 2020: Melbourne v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back