Game Day Round 14, 2024: Hawthorn v Richmond, 4.35pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In Sydney waiting for a flight to Melbourne but my flight out of Melbourne has already been delayed twice.
Now flying 15 minutes after kick off time and no wifi on the flight back to Hobart so I won’t even know the score until I hit the ground. 😡
Hopefully the boys can weather the storm because they will come out firing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite simple really, set the tone from the start by crashing a few bodies around the stoppages. Newk, Nash etc. crucial in the 1st 10 mins as this is where they will be going full bore at us trying to play on emotion. Once they realise were not just going to roll over we win the psychological battle. Set the tone early should be the theme.

Sure as eggs are eggs.....

Lynch snipes one of our blokes half his size who's not looking.

Nank gets 5 frees against

Dusty kicks 3

And of course Kosi marks everything and kicks a few....

We should win, but I wouldn't want to be up by 24+ and Richmond charge back - the crowd will be an extra player.
We all remember the recent game.....

Honestly, this is a real test.

A game we are expected to win with a very hostile crowd and a pumped up team to win for Martin.

We need to jump them early, silence the crowd and go for the throat.

Keep playing attacking footy, even if up by 6 or 7 goals - if they get a sniff, they will get up a head of steam in no time.

Not confident at all tbh.

If we want finals we win this and win it well enough to boost percentage.

Go Hawks!

Last edited:
"Fortune favours the brave"

HAWKS BY PLENTY!!!

If Des says hawks by plenty, Im good with that.
Lets enjoy it.

Aussie Rules Reaction GIF by AFL

Last edited:
This is going to be a tough test. Hostile crowd, last game before the bye and a weight of expectation. But hey - no pressure, no diamonds.

Of course I'll be disappointed if we don't crush these flogs, but it's all about the learnings this year. All I waant is for Watto to jump on someones head, take a magnificent speccie, and then kick a freakish goal in midair as he's descending. Not too much to ask, surely?

Huge game in terms of atmosphere but even more so to how important this is to the season. Win and go into the bye at 7-7. Finals chance and a run home.

Will need to match the intensity but raise the composure to settle the game before getting into the groove.

First contest, hard at it for every player and set a tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back