Game Day Round 14, 2024: Hawthorn v Richmond, 4.35pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll go against the grain here and mention that I'm confident. Yes the Tigers will have a fair bit of emotion but we have the Rat Pack #swagger1000
Same. Don't underestimate how popular CJ is amongst the playing group and what a big deal it is for him - a kid born in an Ethiopian refugee camp - to play game 50.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Predictions:

1. Wizard and Calsher to have 7 shots between them. If more than half are goals we'll win
2. Chol to have a quiet first half and then reveal angry Chol to start the third.
3. Shai Bolton to kick a couple of either flukey or way-too-easy goals.
4. Dusty's 300th to be mentioned more than 300 times in the coverage
5. One of Newcombe and Worpel to be very quiet today, but that's ok
6. Someone will do something reportable/suspendable. Not a rough tackle but a strike or nasty elbow. The oracle hasn't told me which team.
7. The combined scores of both teams will be 212

I'm looking forward to this one. Never know what to expect when we play Richmond.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see some physical intimidation from the Tigers today.
one of the things that makes Dustin Martin so impressive is that he intimidates the opposition without any of the huff and puff bullshit.

I've spoken to players that have lined up on him and they all say the same. He's got awesome ability sure - but he just radiates this kind of intense mean-ness that nobody really messes with.

All the Vlaustin types that just want to do nasty shit and piss people off - we might see a bit of that.

Can't go to game due to unforeseen circumstances so have 2 tickets (1 Adult & 1 Concession Adult) , Level 1 M32 goal for any Hawker who wants. The drawback is that they are physical paper tickets. I can send scanned copies to email or if interested parties live in the Ferntree Gully area I can drop off or u can pick up. Don't worry about it being a concession ticket, nobody has ever asked me to prove it in forever. Frosty to Lynch, want him to stand in front of him facing him at all times.

Tigers under Yze want to play a run and gun style. Its vastly different to the Dimma coaches Tigers we have been used to. Works in our favour IMO the Crows have a similar style of play and we smacked them. Could potentially be a bit of a goal for goal contest for a while.

Can't go to game due to unforeseen circumstances so have 2 tickets (1 Adult & 1 Concession Adult) , Level 1 M32 goal for any Hawker who wants. The drawback is that they are physical paper tickets. I can send scanned copies to email or if interested parties live in the Ferntree Gully area I can drop off or u can pick up. Don't worry about it being a concession ticket, nobody has ever asked me to prove it in forever. Frosty to Lynch, want him to stand in front of him facing him at all times.
yes please

one of the things that makes Dustin Martin so impressive is that he intimidates the opposition without any of the huff and puff bullshit.

I've spoken to players that have lined up on him and they all say the same. He's got awesome ability sure - but he just radiates this kind of intense mean-ness that nobody really messes with.

All the Vlaustin types that just want to do nasty shit and piss people off - we might see a bit of that.

Its the isolation plus the mental & physical advantage. 1 on 1 he's got you covered & is strong as an ox.

nightmare opponent especially in big games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danger game if we get ahead of ourselves. We can’t be complacent but we must run out on the ground ruthless.

Last edited:
Must start well today! We are a better side than them but if they get their tails up early it’ll be tough. Cannot let Dusty get going and get any cheap goals out the back. When he is midfield we have to try play through his opponent because he does **** all defensively.

Huge jobs for Frost, Meek and Dimma today.

This is what I'd like to see:

Q1: Quell the expected early Richmond fire
Q2: Quieten the Tiger Army
Q3: Assert dominance
Q4: Boost percentage

Oh, and CJ to kick the final goal - it is a milestone game after all!

Guys.. is alcohol good for nerves?
Initially yes but I found out that if you use it 24/7 for 20 years it has the opposite effect
Scared Puppet GIF by Gerbert!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back