Oppo Camp Round 14: Non-Pie games

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm enjoying the Twitter storm, great reading. e.g.

The priest has lost his flock. Now that the supporters are calling for his head, won't be long now. Not even his media spokesman Blobbo can stop the storm.

There seems to be a consensus that they want Stuart Dew to replace Hird now. So much for Stand by Hird

Crisp is almost on a level pegging with Beams. De Goey is going to be a superstar too. Pies won the trade and because of Brisbane's stance on it's untouchables the Bears will forever be reminded of dishing of Crisp as a 'steak knives'. Crisp is outperforming every single player on that untouchable list is he not?
Crisp was never going to turn into the midfielder he is now at Brisbane. De Goey probably would have left after 3 years at Brisbane. Both teams won the trade.

FWIW, would like a Bears supporter to see and acknowledge the irony, that all these names were mentioned, even that spanker Leppitsch mentioned Pendles names albeit toungue in cheek and lacking class that you'd expect from him, Crisp's name was synonymous with a lemon or a fringe player, and yet he's about the best out of the lot of them, perhaps including Beams.

Beams, Pendles, Rockliff, Aish, Mayes, Hanley, Redden, Rich, were the names being thrown around. The fringe players weren't worth mentioning. Then all of a sudden Crisp, and I distinctly remember TheBrownDog putting up an avatar faster then Charlie Sheen saying 'winning' after three lines of coke, demeaning Crisp as a steak knives and a celebration for a trade win for his beloved Bears, perish the thought and his great fear of losing Aish.

Crisp was the underdog, by all and sundry. At this point, he was a disappointment upon arrival, we wanted Aish or one of the untouchables, and the Bears were in celebration mode, they offloaded a fringe player.

Fast forward to the present and Crisp is about the best of the lot of them. if He's not on par with Beams then he's real close. It's a really nice story actually, IMO.

Crisp is almost on a level pegging with Beams. De Goey is going to be a superstar too. Pies won the trade and because of Brisbane's stance on it's untouchables the Bears will forever be reminded of dishing of Crisp as a 'steak knives'. Crisp is outperforming every single player on that untouchable list is he not?
Yeah I think the point has been lost. For starters, beams will not be there when the lions next challenge. He is great footballer but not a leader of men. Lions need a strong leader. Also, i do jump over the the lions board when the pies r playing, and they seem to focus on how 'ordinary' Crisp is and that if they had pick 5, they wouldn't have 'wasted' it on Degoey who they seem to this is very average. The obsession on crisp is obviously hurting.

FWIW, would like a Bears supporter to see and acknowledge the irony, that all these names were mentioned, even that spanker Leppitsch mentioned Pendles names albeit toungue in cheek and lacking class that you'd expect from him, Crisp's name was synonymous with a lemon or a fringe player, and yet he's about the best out of the lot of them, perhaps including Beams.

Beams, Pendles, Rockliff, Aish, Mayes, Hanley, Redden, Rich, were the names being thrown around. The fringe players weren't worth mentioning. Then all of a sudden Crisp, and I distinctly remember TheBrownDog putting up an avatar faster then Charlie Sheen saying 'winning' after three lines of coke, demeaning Crisp as a steak knives and a celebration for a trade win for his beloved Bears, perish the thought and his great fear of losing Aish.

Crisp was the underdog, by all and sundry. At this point, he was a disappointment upon arrival, we wanted Aish or one of the untouchables, and the Bears were in celebration mode, they offloaded a fringe player.

Fast forward to the present and Crisp is about the best of the lot of them. if He's not on par with Beams then he's real close. It's a really nice story actually, IMO.
And Crisp has definitely been very effective (maybe more so than beams because we have been winning and he has been an integral part of this). He has kicked goals in practically every game, his disposal has been good and he doesn't get cheap possessions. He seems to be always moving forward with the ball.

Another reason why Collingwood won the trade is because there are so many other variables. Beams was the last of a bad bunch, he and Charli Sheeno had a few things in common. And he also freed up cap space. Cap space that will see Collingwood be able to bring in a player of Treloars ilk.

Crisp and Treloar for Beams?

I'd take that.

On the Beams trade, Beams is the best performing out of the lot by far. But it forced us to restructure our midfield in a way that's very beneficial for us. So I'd call it a win-win because Beams is a fantastic get for any team. Problem is that Brisbane seem poorly coached as a whole with little structure in the midfield, the one area where they ought to be doing well on paper.

My favourite quote on the Essendrug Board....

"Move over Dees, there's a new laughing stock of the afl."

This is an excerpt of a rambling post from their board.. gold
"If John Kennedy was our coach today, I reckon he would have locked the change rooms after the game and just bashed the players one by one. And again, rightly so.

Our entire club needs to toughen the **** up. Starting with the coach who, as much as he was a courageous player, I'm starting to think is just a massive soft**** as a coach.

"We didn't play the way we want to play."

No shit James.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, I was banned for the same, pretty ordinary, Crisp is a good news story regardless of which club you support.
You think that's bad, I was banned because my avatar that said I wanted pick 5 + Redden insulted them! Talk about being sensitive.

I once mentioned Crisp on the bears board and was banned. Very sensitive those bears supporters......

Yep - They keep to themselves a fair bit and don’t like Anti-Bears Talk

I put a bet on the Saints to beat the Bombers by 47.5 points when they were up by about 6 goals, then it dawned on me that someone had money on the Saints by over 73, I would have put my house on it at $6. Supportered the Saints. If anyone watched the game and did the same you would have noticed possibly the worst performance by an AFL team, lacking in heart, piss weak, you name it.

Essendon is an absolute basket case and it will take years to dig themselves out of the shit.

All going well when we play them later in the year, Hird will still be their coach and things will be actually going from catastrophic to the abyss.

not trying to cause anything but that is the most ridiculous thing i have ever read.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Round 14: Non-Pie games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back