Round 14 V Fremantle @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont get too down about where Sydney are at the moment hey, still a lot of football to be played yet. Never know what can happen. You guys just need to get your mojo back, not sure what the story is but you just dont look like Sydney.

Good Luck this week

Dont get too down about where Sydney are at the moment hey, still a lot of football to be played yet. Never know what can happen. You guys just need to get your mojo back, not sure what the story is but you just dont look like Sydney.

Good Luck this week

Yeah, sydney have been unpredictable this season. You just don't know what to expect from the team week in and week out. Good luck to your purple mob as well! :)

We have to stay positive! Last night i was thinking that we only have to win the next 12 games in a row and then we'll be premiers! Haha. But really, we just need to take it one week at and time and it's gonna be tough this week but we can do it.

You make it sound so easy. LOL.

Their forward line is arguably the best in the competition at the moment IMO. With 'Fullmoon' Tarrant coming back and also the Wizard coming back, who played a blinder last week, its going to be hard for our short and small defenders to handle. We sorely miss LRT'S height and Kennelly's run.

Yeah, sydney have been unpredictable this season. You just don't know what to expect from the team week in and week out. Good luck to your purple mob as well! :)

You make it sound so easy. LOL.

Their forward line is arguably the best in the competition at the moment IMO. With 'Fullmoon' Tarrant coming back and also the Wizard coming back, who played a blinder last week, its going to be hard for our short and small defenders to handle. We sorely miss LRT'S height and Kennelly's run.

Is LRT a chance to come back though? It feels like he's never coming back.

If we lose this, I honestly can't see us making the 8. A huge dissapointment given the high expectations many people had for us in 2007. But a win this week would still keep us in the hunt for 5th-6th at the end of the year. It's huge game and we simply can't afford to drop it.

So are there any changes that should be made in your opinion?

Will Hall, LRT and Tadhg be a chance to return from injury? Should Schneider be brought back?

Post your thoughts before, during and after the match here.

I still think, even with a loss this week, that Sydney will comfortably make the eight. With games vs. Richmond, Melbourne, Carlton, Brisbane and St. Kilda plus winnable games against Collingwood, West Coast and Hawthorn, I can't see why we can't make a real big run for the finals after a loss this week, althought admittedly, it will be extremely difficult, as Roos said "There is no margin for error".

I still think, even with a loss this week, that Sydney will comfortably make the eight. With games vs. Richmond, Melbourne, Carlton, Brisbane and St. Kilda plus winnable games against Collingwood, West Coast and Hawthorn, I can't see why we can't make a real big run for the finals after a loss this week, althought admittedly, it will be extremely difficult, as Roos said "There is no margin for error".

We can't just keep losing and then say that we'll make our run for the finals next week.. we have to win this week. There's no excuse if we don't. This is a huge game, huge milestones, season on the line and everything.. if we don't lift for this then we're in serious trouble. It's not like we're playing at Subi.. it's at the SCG.. it's a MUST WIN!

IN: Hall Kenelly, LRT and Schnieder
OUT: Buchanan

Would have thought more would have been dropped, but still - i like the look of this weeks team :)

Would have thought more would have been dropped, but still - i like the look of this weeks team :)

I like this change, but I thought McVeigh/Mathews should've been dropped. Maybe even Paul Bevan.

You have to love Kennelly. I thought he wouldnt be back for weeks and yet he is ready to play. He is one tough nut thats for sure.

You'd think they are rushing him in, seeing the Freo's forward line is very strong. But I stand by their decisions. Quite happy with the changes, but is Amon the only one out?

B: Richards, Barry, Dempster
HB: Bevan, C.Bolton, Mathews
C: Ablett, Kirk, Malceski
HF: R.O'Keefe, O'Loughlin, Goodes
F: Davis, Hall, Everitt
FOLL: Jolly, J. Bolton, Fosdike
I/C: Kennelly, Laidlaw, McVeigh, Roberts-Thomson, Schmidt, Schneider, Vogels

IN: Hall, Kennelly, Roberts-Thomson, Schneider

----------

I suspect that Laidlaw, Vogels and Schmidt will get dropped. :mad: :mad: Drop McHack for goodness sakes!

I don't think Kennelly will play.. i think Vogels and McVeigh will make way for LRT and Schneider. I really don't want to see Laidlaw or Schmidt get dropped especially not with McVeigh still running around. It would really piss me off and i'll go and abuse Paul Roos during the reserves game.

hmm.. i hope we dont run out of interchange players. Is quite risky bringing 3 of them in all at once..
What i would like to know is whos going to make way?

I don't think Kennelly will play.. i think Vogels and McVeigh will make way for LRT and Schneider. I really don't want to see Laidlaw or Schmidt get dropped especially not with McVeigh still running around. It would really piss me off and i'll go and abuse Paul Roos during the reserves game.

A bit unlucky for Vogels I think if he gets dropped. If Laidlaw or Schmidt gets dropped, I'll be very very filthy with Roosy/Leadership group.

I think Kennelly will play, I've seen him kicking and running when training. He looks fine, but I think the team is rushing him, but we may never know. Probably he's 100% seeing Tadhg never follows the medical books.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Richards, Barry, Dempster
HB: Bevan, C.Bolton, Mathews
C: Ablett, Kirk, Malceski
HF: R.O'Keefe, O'Loughlin, Goodes
F: Davis, Hall, Everitt
FOLL: Jolly, J. Bolton, Fosdike
I/C: Kennelly, Laidlaw, McVeigh, Roberts-Thomson, Schmidt, Schneider, Vogels

IN: Hall, Kennelly, Roberts-Thomson, Schneider

----------

I suspect that Laidlaw, Vogels and Schmidt will get dropped. :mad: :mad: Drop McHack for goodness sakes!

Vogels out... can't see him in with Hall.
Bevan ...out make room for either LRT (or Kennelly but doubt that he is ready but if IN then they are taking the game very seriously)
Schmidt or McVeigh?.... someone has to play midfield & run and that is unlikely to be Laidlaw or Schmidt but we all know what the fan consensus is!
Laidlaw has to stay they never drop a debutant after one reasonable game!

LRT will be fine all he has to do is spoil Pavlich or Murphy, and or allow one of the ruckman to play occasionally forward.

AGAIN a WIN is not good enough IMO!!!! they have to find confidence and form and kick more than 14 goals to get back on track!

Vogels out... can't see him in with Hall.
Bevan ...out make room for either LRT (or Kennelly but doubt that he is ready but if IN then they are taking the game very seriously)
Schmidt or McVeigh?.... someone has to play midfield & run and that is unlikely to be Laidlaw or Schmidt but we all know what the fan consensus is!
Laidlaw has to stay they never drop a debutant after one reasonable game!

LRT will be fine all he has to do is spoil Pavlich or Murphy, and or allow one of the ruckman to play occasionally forward.

AGAIN a WIN is not good enough IMO!!!! they have to find confidence and form and kick more than 14 goals to get back on track!

I think Vogels would be very unlucky if he got the chop and its pretty clear that they are rushing Kennelly in. We all know this a must win game and I think rushing in Kennelly is a big mistake, especially if its going to rain this Sunday. I just checked the weather bureau, and we're in for some showers. Slippery grounds could just sideline Kennelly, but fingers cross it won't rain.

And as for LRT, I just read on the other thread that someone spoke to him a few days ago, and LRT said his body isn't up to scratch. Straight from the horses mouth...this is getting serious. They all know this is a must win game. I can already feel the tension from Roosy...

I think Vogels would be very unlucky if he got the chop and its pretty clear that they are rushing Kennelly in. We all know this a must win game and I think rushing in Kennelly is a big mistake, especially if its going to rain this Sunday. I just checked the weather bureau, and we're in for some showers. Slippery grounds could just sideline Kennelly, but fingers cross it won't rain.

And as for LRT, I just read on the other thread that someone spoke to him a few days ago, and LRT said his body isn't up to scratch. Straight from the horses mouth...this is getting serious. They all know this is a must win game. I can already feel the tension from Roosy...

Dear dear don't listen to trolls!:eek:....There is a big chance that LRT won't be in.... but that would have nothing to do with his body or the BS! by a newbie poster.

At OUR best ( don't usally use that) THEY can beat any side.... WE know they haven't been anywhere near it.

I demand a 40+ plus flogging with dominant forward line otherwise I will sh it down Blakeys neck!

LRT is not pretty or skilled BUT very undervalued HE will be in if they are serious!

LOL Good idea he is usually hanging around during the reserves game. Somewhere down in the bottom of the ladies stand. I got a good laugh ut of him and longmire absolutely giving it to Brett Allison and the way he coaches the reserves. Appears to me they dont need much coaching!!!!

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/p...f-groin-goes-on/2007/07/05/1183351375963.html

Interesting read, it makes me think that its not worth bringing in Hall, especially with Tadgh & LRT possible inclusions. If Hall plays out of the square he will be beat, hes struggled all year with one on one contests, whats the difference now? and i guess can he lead effectively all day when hes not sure about how servere his injury is?

Hall isn't even sure himself, but at least he admitted that he lied to the coaches that he was feeling good enough to play against the Pies. Vogels could've been the difference.

All three of the four inclusions are still under injury clouds. I suspect at least one of them to be late withdrawals and I'm putting my money on Tadhg.

Im worried about having Hall, Kennelly and LRT all in the team as they all have injury clouds over their heads. I can just imagine halfway through the match the Swans having only 1 fit person on the bench.

When I saw the changes, thats what I immediately thought as well. We only have 1 fit person on the bench.

Kennelly shouldn't be rushed in. He's probably one or two weeks away from getting fully recovered, and if he does something bad to the knee, who could risk another bad knee injury.

Hmph! :mad: :mad:

Laidlaw, Vogels and LRT will not play this weekend. **** Roosy, are you blind??

Laidlaw> Mathews and McHack! *sigh* So much for drastic changes, and aiming to drop those players whose form's been sloppy...

What are you guys worrying about this is the dockers in Sydney if u guys lose though forget about the top 4 you won't be in the finals and if you guys lose it will be the biggest upset of all time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 14 V Fremantle @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back