Unofficial Preview Round 14 vs. North Melbourne, Marvel, 1:00pm Sunday 16/06

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let’s not get too excited, Melbourne have been beyond average. Their forward line has functioned recently and their midfield has not been dominant either.
Our defence is the reason we haven't been smashed with all the players we have out. They are our most important asset. We've only lost once in the last 9 games, not sure how much more proof you need

Out: Dean
In: Smit
Sub: Bytel

Dean was good against Melbourne but that because they didn’t have any forwards to physically test him. Larkey will so we’ll need Framtpon to cover him.

Smit maybe raw but I’m confident he can match Frampton’s 4 possession, 2 marks and 1 hit out. He won’t be the main man up forward and will only be giving a chop out for Cameron in the ruck so I don’t think it’s anything he can’t do.

Markov was poor by foot but I liked his intent and we don’t really have any able bodied replacements atm either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dean was good against Melbourne but that because they didn’t have any forwards to physically test him. Larkey will so we’ll need Framtpon to cover him.

Smit maybe raw but I’m confident he can match Frampton’s 4 possession, 2 marks and 1 hit out. He won’t be the main man up forward and will only be giving a chop out for Cameron in the ruck so I don’t think it’s anything he can’t do.

Markov was poor by foot but I liked his intent and we don’t really have any able bodied replacements atm either.
That would be a surprise 😳

Our defence is the reason we haven't been smashed with all the players we have out. They are our most important asset. We've only lost once in the last 9 games, not sure how much more proof you need
Watching at the ground you could see that we were happy to let Melbourne get a few easy marks when they were coming out of defence. We would let them get to the wing or even a little bit forward of the wing. We would then back our defence to create a turnover and launch from our own defensive 50.

So it seems to be a somewhat popular opinion here to rest a bunch of players this coming weekend in order for them to be fit, firing and fully prepared for …
… thé bye.
The bye needs to be taken more seriously. It’s been flying under the radar and even good sides aren’t getting points out of it. We need to be at our peak for the bye.

The odds of that happening are at least 1000 to 1

Drop Dean for Smit? 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back