Unofficial Preview Round 14 vs. North Melbourne, Marvel, 1:00pm Sunday 16/06

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
you weren’t the only one suggesting resting players, why do you assume everything is about you
I haven’t seen anyone else mentioned except my joke of resting Maynard so he doesn’t suffer the same fate sidey did playing North at Marvel in his 300th! The joke went over some heads I think

I really hope we play Frampton on Larkey

He’s too big for Dean and Moore doesn’t play tight enough and he’d most likely kick 6 on him

Bring Reef in to play alongside Kreuger and let Fred give Cameron chop outs in the ruck

I haven’t seen anyone else mentioned except my joke of resting Maynard so he doesn’t suffer the same fate sidey did playing North at Marvel in his 300th! The joke went over some heads I think
I got your joke, there was a suggestion that Freddy get rested too. But generally it’s a weekly thing, who should we rest. It might make sense if we’re at full strength but not when we’re already fielding a bunch from the vfl.

I got your joke, there was a suggestion that Freddy get rested too. But generally it’s a weekly thing, who should we rest. It might make sense if we’re at full strength but not when we’re already fielding a bunch from the vfl.
Yeah I get that. I do see a lot of suggestions usually about resting players on here. But with the injuries don’t think we’re seeing as much of that, understandably.

Personally I don’t think you rest anyone under 30. The over 30s if you have the luxury and only if they are a bit worse for wear, can certainly be managed.

But that’s a luxury you only have when your injury list is lean. We’re Collingwood, so we barely see a lean injury list!

He’s too big for Dean and Moore doesn’t play tight enough and he’d most likely kick 6 on him

Bring Reef in to play alongside Kreuger and let Fred give Cameron chop outs in the ruck
I doubt Dean gets dropped.

What is this fixation with experimentation when every game is crucial, and no win guaranteed? North will not be easy beats. We will have to win the game and not just turn up!

When will people understand that the Noble package comes with turnovers and mistakes? If a player is going to have the role of being an aggressive, attacking defender with a license to run and rampage then mistakes will be made. You cannot have your cake and eat it. If you want a Mayne style defender who stops, props and chips twenty metres sideways and has a 100% effective disposal rate then you are living in the wrong era.

I thought Noble was sensational today. How anyone can bag that bloke is a mystery to me. He leaves his heart and soul out on that ground every week. How about focusing on the countless attacking moves he set up with his run and carry and gut busting fitness levels?

Sullivan needs a refresh? And who pray tell will step into the breech to replace him? He has been a very good support to Dacios and Crisp when he goes into the middle and rarely wastes a possession. He is going along very nicely.

Allan can have another go when he earns it by playing with a little more passion and grit. That is our DNA and the reason AJ is not a part of our team going forward. It seems having a red hot dip is a non-negotiable at Collingwood. Ed seems to be in cruise mode most of the time when I watch him.

Gee, that was quite the over-reaction to some team spit-balling, wasn’t it?

Allan could easily replace Markov (my first suggestion) or Bytel if we want to give him another run, against modest opposition. It wouldn’t weaken us one iota.

To my eye Sullivan looked more subdued on Monday than I’d seen in his previous games, which is why I said he MAY need a refresh. I wasn’t saying he’s no good. Far from it. I have long and publicly supported Noble too but he has been more Jekyll & Hyde lately than usual. That’s undeniable. But of all those mentioned above, his spot in the team is safest.

In any case, I suspect we’ll go in unchanged. Reef is probably the only one likely to come in.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There’s a Brownlow-Premiership double to be won!

And I've got a wager on both (slightly wishing I'd put them on a multi, if that was even possible).

Gee, that was quite the over-reaction to some team spit-balling, wasn’t it?

Allan could easily replace Markov (my first suggestion) or Bytel if we want to give him another run, against modest opposition. It wouldn’t weaken us one iota.

To my eye Sullivan looked more subdued on Monday than I’d seen in his previous games, which is why I said he MAY need a refresh. I wasn’t saying he’s no good. Far from it. I have long and publicly supported Noble too but he has been more Jekyll & Hyde lately than usual. That’s undeniable. But of all those mentioned above, his spot in the team is safest.

In any case, I suspect we’ll go in unchanged. Reef is probably the only one likely to come in.

Sullivan is probably the one for me that could make way. McCreery could take his centre bounce minutes and Reef could come in and take Beau’s role at half forward with a couple of runs through the middle as well.

Would also be comfortable with seeing someone like Allan replace Bytel as sub and give Bytel a full run in the magoos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did. When we were 1-3

Got $13 for Nick and $9 for the flag in a multi at $117.

Nick now $4.50
Flag $6.50
Serves me right for putting it on within a week or two of last year's Grand Final. I should have held off a bit and got juicier odds.

Serves me right for putting it on within a week or two of last year's Grand Final. I should have held off a bit and got juicier odds.
I didn’t think we were worth backing when we were favourites just after last year.
That 0-3 start though suddenly was. I was hoping we would come good!

Or shift Howe forward and Frampton back.

I didn’t think we were worth backing when we were favourites just after last year.
That 0-3 start though suddenly was. I was hoping we would come good!
I know four fifths of bugger all about tipping or betting, so I rarely ever partake, and it shows. One day I'll learn to listen to the experts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back