Preview Round 15 Changes - Port vs Brisbane @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind Hamish Hartlett is an elite coach and he would know exactly whether Wolverine is ready to go or not.

He will need weeks.

He has a history of hip injuries and I'd be pretty disappointed if he was rushed and broke down again. I'd give him a month to build up at least.

If you are in the Dixon/Chad Cones clique you have very different rules applied to your form and selection.

I actually had to think hard about who our defensive line coach is. Tyson Goldsack lol

Good luck to Logan Evans. It's amazing that he has debuted before all of the other draftees from the 2023 draft. He's slightly built at this stage, so I hope doesn't get brushed aside too easily. He moves well, can take a nice mark and is a good kick most of the time (some poor ones last game when he seemed to change his mind mid-kick). I'm not sure how he goes defensively but it's a strong vote of confidence to be selected when we could easily have gone back to Lachie Jones.

Apart from the obvious - money and the security of long term deals - why free agents/experienced recruits want to keep coming to Port is beyond me.

The amount of players that plateau at this club is startling.

Soldo would have come here thinking he was the clear number one, at Round 15 he’s rotting in the SANFL. An indictment on all involved.
I've been saying for a couple weeks that I thought Soldo was playing injured. Tonight has just confirmed it for me.

It's Lycett all over again. So much for learnings.

Imagine busting your gut for the Magpies all year only for McEntee to get picked religiously and Evans gets picked ahead of you after being at the club for 2 weeks..
FUKCIN PUMPED!

Who actually fits this definition of busting their gut for the magpies all season?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Logan Evans. Hahahahahaha.

What the **** is going on within those 4 walls at Alberton. Imagine being a teammate, wanting to win, and you see Logan Evans gifted a game. He's not just a midseason draftee, he's a pick 100+ from last year's draft that didn't get picked and has really shown zero onfield since. How could you not walk out thinking you're going to need to carry the team because of players like him to have a chance.

Imagine being BZT and Rata who are struggling enough, and now you're having SANFL reserves level players chucked in beside you against one of the best forward lines in the comp.

Just baffling.

Hey I hope he goes well and becomes a star, but this is absolutely mind blowing stuff.

Maybe you could trust it or have some confidence in the selection group if they hadn't also been the same group that continued to pick Teakle, continue to pick McEntee, and also tied their success to Sutcliffe and his terrorism.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t mind the changes.

Sinn isn’t good enough to come straight back in but probably will after getting back some touch at sanfl level so Evans is probably just warming that seat, or he could surprise us.

Sweet for soldo is good, soldo must have some injury issues because he was absolutely hopeless last weekend and sweet absolutely dominated in the sanfl.

Finlayson had to get picked, he is frustrating as hell but too good to be playing sanfl and we desperately need more weapons up forward and avenues to goal.

Rioli a pleasant surprise to be fit and ready. Missed him.

Most people here wanted Bassett jettisoned into the sun

And Voss too.

When in hindsight he was the one internal promotion we let slip.

And Bassett could’ve stayed and been a serviceable line coach, along with Schofield, Carr and Montgomery.

And Hinkley, Cornes, Luke Kelly and Goldsack jettisoned into the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back