Preview Round 15 Changes - Port vs Brisbane @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon he will miss. Hinkley made it clear in last weeks presser he was no certainty and with a calf I don't think they'll risk it.
Yeah our Kenny would never think of risking an injured player, he cares about the wellbeing of his boys too much.

i think port will get done easily this week, this is a case of one team on the downward spiral and one team on the upward spiral. I usually wouldnt say that with a home game but i think its gonna be ugly. I just cant see port kicking a winning score.

I raised this very issue in the preseason & got shot down. People get sucked in to his flashy game style, while conveniently ignoring all his shortfalls as a mid.

Should never have been made Captain, but the club are pretty good at making bad decisions these days.

Any takers for rozee to half back for some games? Played their i think in north adelaide premiership. Provide quick legs etc out of defense and for teams on rebound to their goals more cover. Collingwood use of daicos is an obvious comparison.
rozee doesnt have the decision making with ball in hand to play off of the back line.

Any takers for rozee to half back for some games? Played their i think in north adelaide premiership. Provide quick legs etc out of defense and for teams on rebound to their goals more cover. Collingwood use of daicos is an obvious comparison.

Actually good football literacy in this post, wouldn't mind seeing them try him there.

thinking same myself, need more run and creativity from half back.

Check the injury update thread, new article up today.

I don't see it. The Injury list still has Sinn as three weeks and the 'In The Mix' article does not mention him. If you have a link to the new article please post it.

I don't see it. The Injury list still has Sinn as three weeks and the 'In The Mix' article does not mention him. If you have a link to the new article please post it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN: Clurey - Rioli - Finlayson - Sweet
OUT: Williams - McEntee - Evans - Marshall - Narkle
SUB: Will Lorenz (last week Narkle)
EMERGENCIES: If Rioli doesn't make the fitness test, in comes Anastasopoulos for his first AFL game.

IN: Clurey - Rioli - Finlayson - Sweet
OUT: Williams - McEntee - Evans - Marshall - Narkle
SUB: Will Lorenz (last week Narkle)
EMERGENCIES: If Rioli doesn't make the fitness test, in comes Anastasopoulos for his first AFL game.
You want us to play Aliir, Ratugolea, BZT, Clurey, Soldo, Sweet, Lord, Georgiades and Finlayson?

Not even Ken is this dumb. If we picked this side we'd lose by a hundred.

I'm pretty sure we just lay it down in front of the dugout and Ken pisses on it.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Listening to Kochie on 5aa this morning, he nearly choked on his words about the recognition 2004 premiership. I guess he wished that never happened so everyone can get off his case about our current mediocrity.

Last edited:
Do we get to raise the 2004 flag in a cringe worthy pre-game ceremony?

No. We don't want Ken and the current team to feel intimidated and inadequate.

I raised this very issue in the preseason & got shot down. People get sucked in to his flashy game style, while conveniently ignoring all his shortfalls as a mid.

Should never have been made Captain, but the club are pretty good at making bad decisions these days.

He's a flashy outside mid, that will look like a million dollars when the team is winning and feeding him the ball. He's not an inside rough and tough mid. We have enough of those.

He looks bad right now because he has barely been on the park for 6 weeks, and the team as a whole is struggling.

I don't pretend to know what happens behind closed doors to make a call on the captaincy debate, but I don't see it as a particularly bad decision like you make it out to be. Was there a better candidate? Possibly. But what we see is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to making that call.

Yep 100%, I thought this would have been better than him playing forward in his earlier years, but I would liken him more to a Wanganeen type.

Jones did alright in the midfield in the magoos last weekend I thought, beautiful kick, quick and the 50/50 contest as opposed to the pressure to win in defense might help him play off instinct.

Swapping Houston and Rozee could work. Houston with a bit more steel in the middle, Rozee giving us the speedy rebound.

If we're putting Rozee at half back, Farrell needs to go out. He's defensively poor, and his ball use hasn't warranted carrying him for lately.

Houston is too important in defence for us to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back