Toast Round 15 = Collingwood 82-80 Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Go pies!!!!!!!!!!!

Incredible last quarter effort, from the whole side.

Nick obv massive, noble huge efforts, big Coxy hitting the scoreboard.

A better 3rd quarter and we’re never in that position, so still work to do.

Did this to Adelaide last time too, so nicks and their players must be having nightmares about these games….

Last edited:

Our last 3 matches - 3rd quarters. Including 1 playing a rabble at West Coast - 5.8 to 17.8
Are we giv our team a half time address in a deep freezer? because they sure come out cold & asleep in 3rd quarters.

Got out of jail. Unless Adelaide is really a Top 4 team sitting in 8th then I don't know what to say about that performance.

The Crows threw the kitchen sink at us, that is absolutely true. But we opened the door for them to do that by switching off completely in the 3rd and that concerns me more than the joy I feel when we come back and win.

In a big final I don't want to rely on a 4th qtr comeback, that can't be the way to win a flag. We have some things to sort out. Getting JDG & Sidey back will probably help, but we tend to play this way with them most of the time, so......IDK.

Anyway, FU Crows! Suck on that you ucnts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Begs the question if we’re really any good, if we can only beat Adelaide at the MCG by 2 points.

Still, better to have no excuses when De Goey, McStay/Kreuger, Sidebottom etc. are back.

I am not enjoying how our midfield looks when we have both Adams and Mitchell in there, and the one to provide some relief is Pendles. We move like molasses and there’s no overlap run at all.

Bucked the bye trend and banked the 4 points ... just.

The game ball goes to ... big Maso for standing up and slotting a couple to spark a bit of belief in our boys after a prolonged period where none of our other forwards were even looking likely and the game was slipping away.

Also Taylor walker had no goals up until less than 14 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. How did he get off the chain with 5 in that time? Surely Moore’s sole focus was keeping him under wraps?

JOHNNY ******* NOBBLE

That Harvey Harrison bloke goes alright too

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Harrison hasn’t wasted the ball, and that’s a trait I value very highly. Wasn’t as apparent at VFL level IMHO.

Got out of jail. Unless Adelaide is really a Top 4 team sitting in 8th then I don't know what to say about that performance.
They’re probably not far off it to be honest. I rate them a lot higher than St Kilda and Essendon, and probably Bulldogs on current form too. Their home form has been right up there, so they’ve always had the ability—just a couple of poor away games is why they’re eighth.

In any case I’m quite happy not to peak in June. But given 5th spot has already lost 6 games things are looking as good as they can for a top 4 finish, which is half the battle.

Phew, I've given up roasting the team on game day threads, they prove me wrong again and again, Nick Daicos, I've never seen a player that good so early in their career. Imagine him as a soccer player, the world world be talking about him.
Let’s hope he never gets injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 15 = Collingwood 82-80 Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back