Preview Round 15: Essendon Bombers vs West Coast Eagles - Marvel Stadium - Sunday 23rd June - 1:00pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope they all come straight back in…we could have;-

OUT: Setterfield, Tsatas, Kelly, Goldy
IN: Duursma, Hobbs, Redman, Bryan

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I just hope the Duursma who returns is the guy who goes all out, rather than the guy who's tentative about his body.

I'd give Bryan a run of five or so games to really let Goldy freshen up for the final half dozen or so and Draper's return. That should give us a good read of our ruck stocks for the trade - draft period. I think we'll need to find a ruckman.

In- Bryan, Caddy, Hobbs, Duursma, Redman
Out- Tsatsas, Heppell, Jones, Kelly

B- Laverde McKay McGrath
HB- Redman Cox Ridley
C- Martin Merrett Duursma
HF- Perkins Caddy Gresham
F- Guelfi Wright Langford
FOLL- Bryan Durham Caldwell
I/C- Stringer, Hobbs, Menzie, Goldstein
Sub- Hind
Emerg- Jones, A.Davey, Kelly, Tsatsas

Not BS at all, load management is a big part of player conditioning. I imagine a player like Ridley who's now had multiple quad injuries will be managing kicking volume as part of trying to keep him on the park.

Given the running requirements of modern AFL, something has to give, and it seems kicking skills is one of those things comp-wide.

I'm sure they don't 'not' do it at all, but the amount of kicking specific volume is probably a lot lower than we average punters would think it should be.

edit: some links about kicking related quad injuries

So running is more important than kicking in a game called football? Does the EPL have players that can't kick the ball properly?

If we want to do anything meaningful this year, we have to absolutely crush a West Coast side at home without Reid because we've run out of games against bottom sides.

We have a string of tough games coming up after this so if we're going to do anything to boost our morale and keep us in top 4 contention, next week has to be a big win. We have probably our worst match up in the league in Geelong the week after.

B- Laverde McKay McGrath
HB- Redman Hayes Ridley
I/C- Hobbs, Stringer, Cox, Tsatsas
Sub- Hind

With how dysfunctional our forwardline has been and how badly Goldstein lost the last three games he played, we need to bring in a second ruck. Wright needs to be a full-time forward.

I know we'll give up a considerable amount of forward pressure, but the current forward and ruck set-up is just not sustainable against the good sides.

In- Bryan, Caddy, Hobbs, Duursma, Redman
Out- Tsatsas, Heppell, Jones, Kelly

B- Laverde McKay McGrath
HB- Redman Cox Ridley
I/C- Stringer, Hobbs, Menzie, Goldstein
Sub- Hind
Emerg- Jones, A.Davey, Kelly, Tsatsas
I like these changes, but it sounds like Setters will play.

1.00. Very early for beer o’clock. See what mood I turn up in. Could be keen, could be **** that.
Happy Football GIF by Olympique de Marseille

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGrath McKay Laverde
Redman Ridley Hind
Martin Durham Heppell
Merrett Wright stringer
Gresham Langford Caddy
Goldstein Perkins Caldwell
Draper Menzie Cox guelfi
Sub. Duursma

In.redman,caddy, draper, duursma
Out.settlefield (Inj) tsastas,Jones, Kelly

Thank f*** we’re back next week.
This weekend has been a preview of my annual offseason depression.
The way the AFL do the bye rounds sucks IMO. All about marketing & TV rights.

Would much rather all clubs have the same bye round, gets it over and done with quickly & good for local footy.

If Draper is ready, I wouldn't mind the Draper + Bryan combo as a trial. Let Goldy and Wright rest up for a week. I have a sneaking suspicion our forward line starts to function a bit better with Draper smashing packs rather than 2MP.

Looks like Setters is good to go so I think we will see;-

OUT: Kelly, Tsatas, Jones, Goldy
IN: Redman, Hobbs, Duursma, Draper

Team;-

Ridley McKay Lav
Martin Redman McGrath
Cox Setterfield Duursma
Perkins Langford Gresham
Draper Stringer Guelfi

2MP Durham Merrett

Bench: Caldwell Hobbs Menzie Heppell
SUB: Hind

If we want to do anything meaningful this year, we have to absolutely crush a West Coast side at home without Reid because we've run out of games against bottom sides.

We have a string of tough games coming up after this so if we're going to do anything to boost our morale and keep us in top 4 contention, next week has to be a big win. We have probably our worst match up in the league in Geelong the week after.

I agree, but I am also doubtful we have the capability to do it. We have shown we struggle against shit sides.

"without Reid".

Relax my man, he isn't Chriss Judd rofl. Why you acting like he is carrying the eagles and he is a big out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back