Round 15 Trades (TheBeardAmigos Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers - yeah he looks the goods and should be good for the run home.

I was more meaning yeah if the Treloar injury would impact his role which he is currently crushing it in, and which is scoring well SC wise particularly when it helps the side win games.
Crisp role is set for the above reasons I mentioned. Degoey will be the one most affected imo. I reckon he’s going to break out.

Nice work. Lots of thinking and some interesting perspectives.
Thanks for the detailed reply
A few things I thought of as I was reading:
  • If you're happy to wait on Brayshaw for Redman/Murphy/Duman, then why not wait a week on Andrews and potentially save yourself a trade? If he is back then that's a big help to your calculations.
Reckon Andrews is goneski for a long time and is a LTI trade, but yeah if a few rookies down back play this week then I can wait another week on Andrews and see my options, however I'd be annoyed in not taking Smith for that DPP role as that's what I wanted to do originally. Grabbing Brayshaw for D6 is my alternative to not grabbing Smith

Similar price to Brayshaw and also DPP is Wingard. Not sure if you're keen on him or no.
Like him for F6, but feel Riewoldt Boak and Billings as cheaper alternatives score similarly. Feel I might have missed the boat there

Hoff will provide security week in week out.

De Goey should also be a safeish choice now that Treloar is out for the season (if that is the case) and I'll be getting him this week I think.
Agree on Hoff, just need them back rookies to play this week then I may be able to grab him this week, if not then I'm looking at Menegola next week who's a solid option too

I like De Goey as a punt, but after talking to a few Pies fans, they're not sure he's Treloars replacement as they feel they lose a forward/mid rotation, they feel Maynard, Sier or Wills get a crack

Of the list of 'interesting defenders', don't know enough about roles for many of them (esp. Short, Jonas, Stewart). Having said that looking at scores I would suggest that Hurley has a relatively high floor (over multiple years) so is pretty consistent. Jonas is becoming the same this year so would also be good. If you can't split them then pick a cheaper option rather than Howe/Shaw and save 20-30k which could help you.
Jonas was high on my radar at the start of the byes purely for consistency, then scored consecutive 70s and missed a week before pumping out that 120. Took Andrews instead and yep that happens

If I push Sicily forward then Jonas may still be an option though

With Hurley, what role will he play? If he's racking up the marks down back then he's a lock, but will he get shifted forward?

I think I agree with you on the balance you need, i.e. 2 more fwd/def premos (either 1/1 if you have Sicily forward, or 0/2 if you keep Sicily back). If you're smart you could achieve both of these with one downgrade, eg:
Ryan downgrade = 150k + 3k - I know you said Ballenden but could you get a 102k player (eg. Dawson) or another cheaper DPP (eg. Wilson)?
Fritsch -> Brayshaw = 15k
Guelfi -> 450k (de Goey / Hurley / etc)

should work.

Then you're complete with 3 trades left. (Unless Andrews is out for a few weeks in which case you have no choice :) )
Think if I were trading Crowden or Phillips then Dawson/Wilson could work, but I'm yet to see Dawson doing better than Phillips in the long run, while Crowden/Wilson could be about equal in terms of scoring ability and job security

However I feel Duman/Ryan/Guelfi becoming Ballenden is better structurally for the long run in plugging holes if someone like Redman becomes a gun rookie as I can move him onfield and get his points when someone is out in another position

DEF/FWD Ballenden/Sicily
DEF/MID Brayshaw/Murphy
MID/FWD Ahern/Crowden/FWD premiums

Crowden, Ballenden, Frampton give me loophole opportunities, but should have 24-26 playing most weeks

Would love to use only 2-3 trades to complete team, but that'd have Fritsch at F6 who is more of a F7 like Doedee is a D7, just can't see myself using anything other than 4 at the moment :(

Thanks for the detailed reply
Reckon Andrews is goneski for a long time and is a LTI trade, but yeah if a few rookies down back play this week then I can wait another week on Andrews and see my options, however I'd be annoyed in not taking Smith for that DPP role as that's what I wanted to do originally. Grabbing Brayshaw for D6 is my alternative to not grabbing Smith

Like him for F6, but feel Riewoldt Boak and Billings as cheaper alternatives score similarly. Feel I might have missed the boat there

Agree on Hoff, just need them back rookies to play this week then I may be able to grab him this week, if not then I'm looking at Menegola next week who's a solid option too

I like De Goey as a punt, but after talking to a few Pies fans, they're not sure he's Treloars replacement as they feel they lose a forward/mid rotation, they feel Maynard, Sier or Wills get a crack

Jonas was high on my radar at the start of the byes purely for consistency, then scored consecutive 70s and missed a week before pumping out that 120. Took Andrews instead and yep that happens

If I push Sicily forward then Jonas may still be an option though

With Hurley, what role will he play? If he's racking up the marks down back then he's a lock, but will he get shifted forward?

Think if I were trading Crowden or Phillips then Dawson/Wilson could work, but I'm yet to see Dawson doing better than Phillips in the long run, while Crowden/Wilson could be about equal in terms of scoring ability and job security

However I feel Duman/Ryan/Guelfi becoming Ballenden is better structurally for the long run in plugging holes if someone like Redman becomes a gun rookie as I can move him onfield and get his points when someone is out in another position

DEF/FWD Ballenden/Sicily
DEF/MID Brayshaw/Murphy
MID/FWD Ahern/Crowden/FWD premiums

Crowden, Ballenden, Frampton give me loophole opportunities, but should have 24-26 playing most weeks

Would love to use only 2-3 trades to complete team, but that'd have Fritsch at F6 who is more of a F7 like Doedee is a D7, just can't see myself using anything other than 4 at the moment :(

Yeah good points.
I'd keep Crowden for DPP and because he doesn't offer you much cash.

Interesting regarding De Goey - I've seen the opposite. We shall see I guess!

Yeah good points.
I'd keep Crowden for DPP and because he doesn't offer you much cash.

Interesting regarding De Goey - I've seen the opposite. We shall see I guess!
Trying to work out how to keep Guelfi and get decent players in

Ryan to Ballenden 143k leftover
Fritsch to Westhoff = 64k upgrade so 79k leftover

Next week

Andrews to Brayshaw makes 50-70k giving me around 130-150k to upgrade Crowden to Riewoldt/Billings for F6 which is very lineball

Don't think I can grab Westhoff :( though Riewoldt/Billings may make more cash than Westhoff this week, so perhaps going early on Riewoldt/Billings is the go and hope Westhoff has an 80ish type of game

Other option is with Sicily forward which seems a better bet

Ryan to Ballenden = 143k leftover
Fritsch to Hurley/Jonas via Sicily = 19-24k upgrade = 119-124k leftover

Andrews to Brayshaw = 50-70k downgrade = 170-190k leftover
Duman 198-220k + 170-190k to Riewoldt/Billings via Ballenden would definitely work, might even be lucky and get Boak if Duman rises/Boak falls enough

Menegola scenario keeping Guelfi

Fritsch to Riewoldt/Billings = 95-103k leftover
Ryan to Ballenden =140k = 235-243k leftover

Andrews to Brayshaw +50-70k = 285-313k leftover
Crowden 206k??? to Menegola 490k??? if Crowden plays this week then I'm struggling here as he may lose more cash than Menegola, but if he doesn't play I reckon I'll be ok here

Is JJK still expected to miss a couple more weeks? If so I'll be dropping 2 trades:

Treloar to Pendles
JJK to de Goey

3 trades left, $10.5k in the bank

Is JJK still expected to miss a couple more weeks? If so I'll be dropping 2 trades:

Treloar to Pendles
JJK to de Goey

3 trades left, $10.5k in the bank
Chance he’s back next week.

Treloar to Pendles. Hes dirt cheap and i see him averaging 110+ from here without treloar.

Fritsch to De Goey. Will average 100ish i think from here, absolute bull.

Anyone got ownership % on these two young handsome boys?

Have to decide which line I complete this week, have 7 trades left and 3 spots to finalise.
Do I bring in:
1. Lloyd to DEF making my D7 JJ
2. Cripps to MID making JoM my M9
3. or R Gray to FWD making Shittracca my F7

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who should i get in? all around the same price but who will average more to end the year?

Brayshaw v Jonas v short

Have to decide which line I complete this week, have 7 trades left and 3 spots to finalise.
Do I bring in:
1. Lloyd to DEF making my D7 JJ
2. Cripps to MID making JoM my M9
3. or R Gray to FWD making Shittracca my F7
Option 2. Cripps is a beast. O'Meara can be a useful mid loop too with 5 tons but also has poor scores of 63, 56, 45, 65.

Screenshot_20180625-094227_SC Classic.jpg
This is my team, and I'm tossing up if I leave as is or make one more trade. I could downgrade a rookie to cash out, and upgrade Rockcliff to any mid I want next week. Or I stick fat with five trades for injury cover.
Thoughts?

who should i get in? all around the same price but who will average more to end the year?

Brayshaw v Jonas v short
Short has averaged 99 in Houli's absence but he's due back. Averages 77 with Houli in the team. Who gets the seagull kick ins?
Brayshaw plenty of midfield time & disposals but he'll give you grey hairs too. 8 clangers last week.
Jonas rock solid average about 90.
I'd go Brayshaw and just hope he can clean up his disposal.

Anyone thinking Fritsch > JDG as F7 cover? JDG has M/F swing and Coll have a very juicy run home: GCS, Ess, WC (at G), NM (at G), Rich, Syd, Bris (at Etihad), PA (at G), Freo... if Treloar is out for season, can see him playing a lot more midfield

Other option I'm thinking is Fritsch > Billings (despite trading JB out a few weeks ago). StK have a lot of early games allowing you to see how JB goes first... the 100k change will hopefully allow me to go Austin > premo defender (Webster??) in a few weeks, swinging Gov to D7.

Anyone thinking Fritsch > JDG as F7 cover? JDG has M/F swing and Coll have a very juicy run home: GCS, Ess, WC (at G), NM (at G), Rich, Syd, Bris (at Etihad), PA (at G), Freo... if Treloar is out for season, can see him playing a lot more midfield
I got JDG last week as a POD. Might not be such a POD now with Treloar out. Bucks flagged before the bye that JDG would spend more time in the middle after his demolition job on the Dee's. Plenty of upside IMO.

View attachment 517901
This is my team, and I'm tossing up if I leave as is or make one more trade. I could downgrade a rookie to cash out, and upgrade Rockcliff to any mid I want next week. Or I stick fat with five trades for injury cover.
Thoughts?
I'd hold for injuries.
Just wait and see until the teams are out. I assume Laird is back but still a question mark over him. Same with Redman who was in a moon boot apparently and Mirra not playing lately. You do have the Sic / TMac swing though.

Short has averaged 99 in Houli's absence but he's due back. Averages 77 with Houli in the team. Who gets the seagull kick ins?
Brayshaw plenty of midfield time & disposals but he'll give you grey hairs too. 8 clangers last week.
Jonas rock solid average about 90.
I'd go Brayshaw and just hope he can clean up his disposal.
I have been very keen on jonas for a while, went down hill for a bit there due to injury but i have been the same with brayshaw. Wanted brayshaw before the season started then a few weeks ago wanted him again but just worried about his clangers and they have 3 hard games come supercoach finals time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back