AFL Autopsy Round 15 vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Either that or the Saints will slide down 3 positions. Surely crameri and an injured Hurley meantbSaints should have won by at least 100 points?

We are wearing that jumper again next weekend....

I can't believe Hayes can take a cheap shot at howlett, but hocking makes Hayes accountable and all of a sudden hocking is a thug for doing the same as Hayes?

Rub of the bloody green - not ****ing wrong!

Hocking won't get suspended for that.

Well, he shouldn't.

It was a perfect bump straight into the sternum of Hayes.

If it was in play, it'd be perfectly legal.

As it wasn't, it's a free kick, but it does not warrant a suspension.

Though no doubt there'll be some medical report showing that Hayes suffered a headache as result, meaning it's a 2 week suspension.

Team selection a problem. You'll all talk about Gumby, but it's more replacing Monfries with Lonergan and moving Myers back, and i dunno know melksham forward? So that sorta stuff has to be fixed up. We've lost three key players (zaka, monfries, yes he's key, crameri) and not really gone to any extent to replace them. Now obviously they are key, and they are hard to replace, but clearly we need to adjust.

We were on top early and some misses hurt. An awful lot of kicks didn't finish in marks. backs, midfield and forwards all looked out of sorts. But it's hard to draw the line between problems on our part, and St Kilda just doing it better

surely hurley hasn't done a hammie, you would pull him before the game if he was anything more than tight, ffs we've got one of the most experienced afl doctors in the comp. not this guy
DrNick.png

We are wearing that jumper again next weekend....

I can't believe Hayes can take a cheap shot at howlett, but hocking makes Hayes accountable and all of a sudden hocking is a thug for doing the same as Hayes?

Rub of the bloody green - not ******* wrong!

Well we're ****ed next week as well, members better get busy with the outraged emails.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it highlights a couple of points.

Myers is a waste in defense - We got smashed in clearances tonight and it was because the Saints put their best clearance players in the middle and for us Myers has proven himself to be of most use in that situation of our clearance players.

NLM is best used as a sub - I see people on here saying that he has been sub for a few weeks and should get a full game. His disposal is not good enough to be considered as a top 22 player but when he comes on late in the game his speed, energy, strength and experience is invaluable when the team is starting to tire.

McEvoy should not have been left to drift forward unmanned - Just happened way too often

On the whole I think we just couldn't fill the void that Crameri's absence has created with the selected side, Hurley was not 100% and if we had any other KPP options available would not have played, and Davey's 2 weeks away from the game left him a little lost. I think we should have done better but our lack of options in the forward line is what cost us in the end.

I'm not even really furious tbh. Was so angry for 3 quarters and now I'm just sitting here thinking " maybe my expectations were too high?" we would have had to go nearlly undefeated for the rest of the season to pinch top 4. We are now probably where we should be. In a fight for 5th at best 7th at worst. On tonight We lost crameri and brought in dyson and then brought in davey after no footy for 3 weeks whilst using that as an excuse not to bring in tbell. We played players out of position 2nite aswell it just looked like a half assed effort from everyone involved and just nothing went right. Umpires were shit but it favoured no one, they slotted everything, we hand balled to their players and we couldn't kick.

I actually thought melksham was one of the better ones, 2 goals and 20 touches was one that could stand up a bit I think.

We now may be without Hurley, hocking, crameri, riemers for next week.

Just a really bad night all round, carrying an injured Hurley into the game is not a good look.

The review of this game should be to watch this game as a group in it's entirety and discuss it as a group. Point the finger, prick some egos. Sure, our forward structure was up the pole but it doesn't excuse what I saw. St Kilda did everything a crapload better than us and we thoroughly deserved to lose.

What I want to see against Port is nothing other than 100% effort and intensity for 4 quarters because what I saw tonight was ****ing woeful.

Are we on one of those heavy training loads coz we looked flat and yes alot of that was due to the pressure but collingwood put similiar pressure on us anzac day and we handled it fine then but tonight nothing went right. I know people are gonna call for mass changes but injuries aside we shouldnt make too many and concentrate on the effort we bring next week because that was the main thing missing tonight.

Also there is no way hocking should get suspended for that

What's there to be outraged about?

5 Uniform
The uniform for the AFL Premiership season will consist of a black jumper or
guernsey with a red sash, red and black socks and white or black shorts.
Such uniform will be worn at all matches subject to the rules and directions of
the AFL.
The writers of our Constitution should not have written that part. Send our emails to them.

Well where do we start with that one. I'm inclined to put a line through this and move on, though realistically that would be foolish.

Sure, we may have had a horror night but make no mistake all our competitors will be looking at that clash as a blueprint. To be honest, it's not the first time that tactic has proved successful. We saw it against Melbourne where they clogged our forward line and we saw it again tonight.

Simply, we struggle when we are cramped. From there, we really are a lazy team. So many times you will see a player on the half back line looking to kick up the wing only for the next links in the play standing still and wanting a contested mark. Best example from tonight is when Heppell was forced to kick long to a stationary Hille who had two men on him.

Our worst trait tonight I believe was our over use of the handball. We seemed to go back to the old 'be unselfish' mantra which results in us dicking around with handballs before we force ourselves into a cluster**** and turn the ball over. We almost need to impose a team rule where by if you're in range, take the shot.

Now, the next part of my rant relates to the coaches. Why the **** am I seeing Myers in defence? It boggles the mind. He gets given a chance in the midfield where he does extremely well in the clearances plus gets the ball around the ground, only to bring in Lonergan who is adequate at clearances and not much else.

If Hurley had to receive as much constant treatment as he did to play, then why exactly was he playing?

Hocking needs the break that he will no doubt receive, it should hopefully result in Myers getting a extended run again in the midfield.

The use of the substitute intrigues me, I feel as if it should be permanently shared between Lovett-Murray and Colyer, especially as Lovett-Murray doesn't provide the same sort of impact when playing four quarters as he does as sub.

Goal kicking reared its ugly head again. Must be rectified by any means possible.

On to selection now...

Colyer, Kavanagh, Gumbleton and Browne all have thier chance to shine tomorrow. With at least one forced change in Hocking and the potential of Hurley, the VFL will be very interesting tomorrow. If Hurley misses, I think Gumbleton is a monty to come in with Hurley and Crameri out.

Well that's enough for me now anyway, time to move on to tomorrow's VFL clash and Port Adelaide next week.

We blew a chance to really give us every chance of top 4, now it looks like we're destined for 6th.

One final note, the clash strip was terrible and ineffective. That was the first time I've ever actually struggled to tell the teams apart.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy Round 15 vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back