Last week V Sydney
Jack Billings
1st quarter 3 Kicks and 2 Hand balls
2nd quarter 1 kick and 0 hand balls
3rd quarter 5 kicks and 3 hand balls
4th quarter 6 kicks and 1 hand ball
Stats provider by the AFL very easy to look up
Keep trying LOL

pretty sure the club - coaches his team mates expect experience players to stand up when the club has its back to wall like it did against Sydney after the Essendon loss,
which was my point in my post which was quite obvious
Also pretty clear I was discussing his form over his career not 1 game , keep trying
Saying he is most likely outside our top 10 players in wages like when you said the other week King was our highest paid player ?
Who said your stats were wrong for the Sydney game? And I know you can look up stats. That’s how I got 13. Certainly not me so you are getting confused. Pretty sure I started the keep trying but I’m flattered you copied that. Just common sense to suggest 400 k would be close or outside the top 10. Average salary of afl players is about 330k. And yes I know you were discussing his career form. It wasn’t that difficult to see that. My point which you have clearly missed is people get upset because we took him at 3 instead of bont so his pick number is relevant and expect a pick 3 to be better. People should forget the pick number and base his form on his current salary which the only relevant thing that matters now. And an experienced player doesn’t mean he just should better. Geary is experienced but you can only play to your best ability at the time. By the way maybe bold the part that was important and not the part that is irrelevant. Just a tip. And don’t worry many times I read a post wrong.

Last edited:
Thought Jimmy W was a little suspect on Saturday. Seemed a bit fumbly and second to the ball.
He’s got credits for some very good games but I hope he’s more on next week.
Jeez mate, who do you think you are, coming onto this thread and talking about last weeks game rather than trades from 10 years ago. Lift ya game!!

PS Jimmy has been good - will play next week.

Which is the point most people are making

People pumping him up for a good game against the blues and good for him. where was he against Essendon and the Swans
No this started because some people refused to rate him on this weeks game. We aren’t rating on a block of work when we talk about the Carlton game. By the way why are you bringing up the Essendon game. He was one of our best. Well certainly according to the people on here.

Much better

But Carlton gifted us the win by their poor goal kicking.

We must get better.

Pity about Clarke, lad cannot not get a break.
When you get a behind you are always a chance to score again. Sometimes more shots at goal doesn’t mean you played better. We dominated nearly all the stats. We lead nearly all game. We probably had the best 3 players on the ground. I clearly thought we were the best side on the night.

F*ck that Carlton admin, giving me a 24 hour ban for politely asking the Carlton people to not troll on our board when there's quite clearly said no trolling. Then blocking me afterwards when I called her out for the crap...

Pathetic club with pathetic self righteous and indulgent supporters as per usual..

Absolute God damn inferiority complex....the true cheats of the AFL with their salary cap bullsh*t. Hope they never recover and stay in the same mediocrity they have for the past 2 decades.....scum of the earth.

Glad to see you ran straight to your chief daddy as well, you Greek whore impersonator....
Fair bake.......:astonished::openmouth::sunglasses:

Is that right ?

Last week V Sydney
Jack Billings
1st quarter 3 Kicks and 2 Hand balls
2nd quarter 1 kick and 0 hand balls
3rd quarter 5 kicks and 3 hand balls
4th quarter 6 kicks and 1 hand ball
Stats provider by the AFL very easy to look up
Keep trying LOL

pretty sure the club - coaches his team mates expect experience players to stand up when the club has its back to wall like it did against Sydney after the Essendon loss,
which was my point in my post which was quite obvious
Also pretty clear I was discussing his form over his career not 1 game , keep trying
Saying he is most likely outside our top 10 players in wages like when you said the other week King was our highest paid player ?
At least he didn't give up like some of his mates

Interestingly Merritt and Shiel gets talked up for getting 24 and 20 possessions respectively but Billings gets wholly bagged for a 24 possession game.

As I have said I am no great fan of Billings but credit where it is due, his game was good on Friday.
Bagging him because people don't like the way he disposes the ball is a bit churlish. Let him have a good game, won't be long until he is ineffectual, that is his main problem, consistency.
Don't think Billings has had consistency issues unless injured. He's been consistently a fairly good player over his career, just hasn't reached the heights we have hoped for and he is capable of.

Which is the point most people are making

People pumping him up for a good game against the blues and good for him. where was he against Essendon and the Swans
And that was gringo's point, if he can get consistency and have good games like last night, 4 years at just above average wages may be ok.
Probably why he got four. Club saw no interest from outside and said 4 x 400. A risk it could be too long, but Billings has upside so the cost is probably right.

If he doesn't get consistent, well the young ones will take his spot and he can be depth.
He should be happy to still be in the show. 400k over four for a then 26y.o is a bit better than what most 26 y.o's are getting at work.
I have been terribly wrong on Ross and DMAC, hope it is three times lucky I am wrong and Billings comes good.

And that was gringo's point, if he can get consistency and have good games like last night, 4 years at just above average wages may be ok.
Probably why he got four. Club saw no interest from outside and said 4 x 400. A risk it could be too long, but Billings has upside so the cost is probably right.

If he doesn't get consistent, well the young ones will take his spot and he can be depth.
He should be happy to still be in the show. 400k over four for a then 26y.o is a bit better than what most 26 y.o's are getting at work.
I have been terribly wrong on Ross and DMAC, hope it is three times lucky I am wrong and Billings comes good.
400k is nothing as far as what clubs pay players. It’s a great investment even over 4 years. Didn’t we give freeman 300k over 3 years and he had never played a game and was injured.

Much better

But Carlton gifted us the win by their poor goal kicking.

We must get better.

Pity about Clarke, lad cannot not get a break.
What do you think of us keeping them in the game kicking 2.4 from set shots in qtr 1?
Could have killed the game in the first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is that Billings is not the type of player that wins you games (other than the odd abberation), he is the type of player that keeps you in games. I think people still base what type of player they want him to be on his draft number.

The bloke is a very good footballer when not injured. He's not peak Dusty Martin, but then not too many are, that's why Martin is a superstar.....

Thing that hurts about 2013 is we could have got a very similar or possibly better draft haul without trading McEvoy. We rated the difference between late first and early second to highly.
That was insanity trading out Ben McEvoy.
What club trades out their number one ruckman just as he's reaching peak potential?
St Kilda. That's who :(

400k is nothing as far as what clubs pay players. It’s a great investment even over 4 years. Didn’t we give freeman 300k over 3 years and he had never played a game and was injured.
Hanners 4 mill for 15 games.

Freeman played two games. Cost us 900k. I liked we gave him a game, he tried his guts out to get fit, it just didn't work for him.

Scored a goal as well which was pretty special for him. Reward for effort.

Hanners 4 mill for 15 games.

Freeman played two games. Cost us 900k. I liked we gave him a game, he tried his guts out to get fit, it just didn't work for him.

Scored a goal as well which was pretty special for him. Reward for effort.
Freeman getting a game was one of the few highlights of that horrible year.

Thing that hurts about 2013 is we could have got a very similar or possibly better draft haul without trading McEvoy. We rated the difference between late first and early second to highly.

Or if we knew how to pick talent , we could have made that trade and come away withBont, Merrett, McStay, Matt Crouch and Nankervis.

Where do you get he is on 400K a year ?

So you haven't got a clue ?

Can put a few articles up saying 500K a year
Ok 500k then. Still very good value You are working very hard. I don’t have to work hard at all on some of your replies that are incorrect. You even bold them to prove they are incorrect. Thanks for saving me time.

I would agree, he's good enough to hold his spot but he's cruising along and that attitude also holds us back. He's safe in every way. DMac is the opposite, he plays like a battler trying to extract everything he's got. He goes in when it's his turn to go, he works to do the things that will make a team mate look better and he sets a standard.

DMac earns his respect through bravery and drive. Billings just has this "I'm doing my job to the minimum standard but I can't wait for knock off to go have a cup of tea and a bikkie" vibe.

That may be the vibe but is far from reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back