Preview Round 16, 2024: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles, 30 June 2024 (Sun), 4:40pm @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not worried, but forgot him tbh. Scrimshaw or Sicily. Sicily would froth at being able to run off him 😂
Scrimshaw will take Waterman. Pretty obvious matchup. Sic will back himself to roam away from Darling who doesn't defend that well so that's the likely matchup there. If not Sic than Weddle for similar reasons.

Scrimshaw will take Waterman. Pretty obvious matchup. Sic will back himself to roam away from Darling who doesn't defend that well so that's the likely matchup there. If not Sic than Weddle for similar reasons.
Frost takes Allen.
Weddle takes Waterman.
Scrim to Darling.
Sic to roam.

Weddle was an option for Waterman but Scrim makes sense too.

Looks like it.
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Seems simple, if Lewis is ready he comes in for Gunston or Dear. If not, no change. Any talk of him not being best 22 and I’m not going to listen to that posters opinion on football at any point in the future. Immediately improves our team, if it takes 2-3 games to get match fitness then so be it.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a spot created for Ward in the next couple of weeks though, after reading the comments from Sam and hearing Rob McCartney.
Do we bring Lewis straight back in?

He only played, what, 1/2? 3/4 quarters? at Box Hill.

I think people are forgetting how poor his form was pre-injury.

If I was Sam, I'd want a little more proof before he displaces an in-form player like Dear, or Gunston.

The grass, if you can call it that is an absolute joke for a professional venue. Throw in some serious rain over the next 24 hours they will be working over time to get it to barely playable conditions by Sunday.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we bring Lewis straight back in?

He only played, what, 1/2? 3/4 quarters? at Box Hill.

I think people are forgetting how poor his form was pre-injury.

If I was Sam, I'd want a little more proof before he displaces an in-form player like Dear, or Gunston.
“poor form” he played injured. He is back in if fit.

The grass, if you can call it that is an absolute joke for a professional venue. Throw in some serious rain over the next 24 hours they will be working over time to get it to barely playable conditions by Sunday.
I was out on the oval last Saturday morning, it is so wet on the northern side.
I was surprised as they often have the heat lamps/ lights on there to dry it out but not that day.

If Scaife does get his debut this week we will have an incredibly young forward line- big Mabs will have his work cut out for him from a seniority perspective!

Which ever way we go with the forward setup (balance between big & small forwards) as long as we maintain the rage of Moore/Ginni/Croc/Wiz/Frenchie roaming up and down the ground working hard offensively/defensively which has been helping our quick ball transition into the forward line creating more opportunities to score.

Last edited:
Does anyone know who did or didn’t get on the plane? Lewis? Gunners? Chad? Brooost?
I doubt they’d fly out until Sat.
Friday at the earliest

Occasionally with the Perth flights teams will send older players or players with slight niggles over earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back