Autopsy Round 17, 2024 : Hawks fall in a hole in Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of toys being thrown out of the cot by posters.

No Sis or Ginn were massive outs.

As bad as we played there was only 5 goals in it until junk time. Game was lost in the 1st qtr not the last.

It wouldn't have mattered how well our backline or forwards played, when we were spanked in the middle the game was lost. These games really show to me where are still missing that 1 A grade on baller who can be relied on week after week. Do we have him on the list already or do we need to bring him in?

Oh yes, the basis of your posts on Brockman were that he was an Aboriginal player who would want to go home.
On Wingard you didn’t think he tried.

Now you call Chol lazy, more casual racism.

Either it’s deliberate or you just can’t help it and don’t know what casual racism is.
To be fair, those saying Brocky was a flight risk from the day we drafted him were proven correct. Sadly.
Despite being shouted down constantly by the "MOD SQUAD"

I don't think the loss is anything to worry about. Even Premiership teams get spanked every so often.
Did we think a young developing side could challenge for the top 8.??
I did but I'm more interested in how we bounce back.

Note:
Also, Ward should be playing ahead of Morrison. IMO.

To be fair, those saying Brocky was a flight risk from the day we drafted him were proven correct. Sadly.
Despite being shouted down constantly by the "MOD SQUAD"
Oh yes, the racial generalization was proven correct eventually, so we should therefore just accept racial generalizations going forward.

Good one.

Oh yes, the racial generalization was proven correct eventually, so we should therefore just accept racial generalizations going forward.

Good one.
Indigenous people wanting to be surrounded by family is part of their culture. It's a really positive part of their culture. Unless you want us to disregard its significance and ignore their cultural heritage, it will always be a factor.

Indigenous people wanting to be surrounded by family is part of their culture. It's a really positive part of their culture. Unless you want us to disregard its significance and ignore their cultural heritage, it will always be a factor.
Cool, more generalizations.

I guess all Indigenous people are the same. Maybe we should just clam them all Kieth or Kathy and be done with it.

The evidence is there in plain sight and the team fell back to how it was playing before the good run when Geelong came out with the heat. Shell shocked, not playing for each other and getting toughed out of the contest. That isn't resilience. I believe what I see. Also, see the Matthew Lloyd comments above. Also, its an observation, not a criticism. So no need to get defensive about it.
OK.........not sure where I got defensive there.

If you want to judge it on one game , go for it .

I think it's an overreaction on one game unless we start seeing it regularly .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We start the season 0 wins 5 losses and the sky is falling. We go on a hot streak, during a slightly easier part of our fixture, and we become the greatest team in history.

A bit of balance is required. We are still a young side, we have improved a fair bit since the start of the season, but we are far from a finished product. That's ok, as occasionally along the way we will be outplayed by a better team. There's far too many positives in recent times to allow yesterday's result get anyone down.

We all want us to make the finals this season, but if we miss out it can't be seen as a failure. We are heading in the right direction.

The only person making it about race is you and your superfans.

Begs the question.. who’s the real racist?
This is the equivalent of “I know you are you said you are”.

Might be time to sit this one out.

Hopefully Dear is over his soreness. Ginni back next week as well. Possibly another week for sis, but we should be back winning next week, at our Hawktress…

Cool, more generalizations.

I guess all Indigenous people are the same. Maybe we should just clam them all Kieth or Kathy and be done with it.

It's a very tricky area. Generalisations on the basis of culture are made all the time; Italians, Irishmen, Jews, etc.. There is a spectrum, but I have no idea when it becomes definitively racist. Perhaps when it becomes persistent?

Was more surprised how woeful the mobile reception was to be honest.
Reading the gmhba redevelopment board it’s been an issue all season apparently

Was anyone else at the game surprised by how poor the atmosphere was?
Probably dosent really help that the Hawks were never really in it so the hawks fans couldn’t really create any atmosphere for the cats fans to counter which seems to be how they get any atmosphere down there 😂

Perhaps the team needs an easy week on the training track. Those numerous basic skill errors plus lack of zip against the cats suggests a side that is mentally exhausted. Playing the last six weeks on maximum adrenaline and enthusiasm has taken its toll.
Lessen the training this week and see the spark return.
Everyone at the club had 5 days off only 2 weeks ago

Remove this Banner Ad

Back