Preview Round 17: Essendon vs Adelaide, Docklands, Friday 09/07/2021 @ 7:50 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't get there as I made plans long ago on Friday night (my Saturday is now as free as a bird, the one annoying aspect of a rolling fixture)

I have a feeling that win or lose, it's gonna be a ripper. Both sides have been playing endearing footy this season, I expect both to have a real crack. Add to that our first (proper) home game since lockdown, 75% capacity, bit in this.

No Hep is a shame, but defence is probably the most stocked shelf in the pantry right now. Light up the Durry methinks. All this exposure for our depth can only serve us well going forward.

Hope I'm right and it's a fun Friday night.

So with the news about Heppell I am going with.

Out: Heppell (inj), Cutler (omit) Cox (rest)

In: Guelfi, Gleeson, Zaka

FB: Guelfi Stewart Ridley

HB: Hind Laverde Redman

C: Snelling Merrett Zaka

HF: Smith Wright Waterman

FF: Stringer Hooker Tippa

R: Draper Parish Langford

Int: Gleeson Ham Perkins Jones

Sub: Clarke

In: Reid, Durham, Guelfi
Out: Cutler, Heppell, Ham

Ridley Stewart Laverde
Redman Reid Hind
Langford Parish Cox
Snelling Jones Waterman
Wright Hooker Tippa
Draper Merrett Stringer
Guelfi Durham Smith Perkins
Ham

In- Reid, Durham, Guelfi, Bryan, Gleeson
Out- Heppell, Cox(Rest), Perkins(Rest), Hooker(Rest), Zaharakis(Injury)

B Laverde Stewart Hind
HB Redman Reid Ridley
C Ham Merrett Cutler
HF Stringer Jones Snelling
F Tipungwutti Wright Smith
FOLL: Draper Langford Parish
INTER: Guelfi, Bryan, Ham, Durham
Sub: Gleeson

Wright to play at full forward. With stringer to play third forward and Bryan to have stints up forward.

In- Reid, Durham, Guelfi, Bryan, Gleeson
Out- Heppell, Cox(Rest), Perkins(Rest), Hooker(Rest), Zaharakis(Injury)

B Laverde Stewart Hind
HB Redman Reid Ridley
C Ham Merrett Cutler
HF Stringer Jones Snelling
F Tipungwutti Wright Smith
FOLL: Draper Langford Parish
INTER: Guelfi, Bryan, Ham, Durham
Sub: Gleeson
I like it. Perkins and Cox rest this week, Jones the next.

So with the news about Heppell I am going with.

Out: Heppell (inj), Cutler (omit) Cox (rest)

In: Guelfi, Gleeson, Zaka

FB: Guelfi Stewart Ridley

HB: Hind Laverde Redman

C: Snelling Merrett Zaka

HF: Smith Wright Waterman

FF: Stringer Hooker Tippa

R: Draper Parish Langford

Int: Gleeson Ham Perkins Jones

Sub: Clarke
Now they are some uninspiring ins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got our tickets today, making the trip down from Wodonga with the 14 year old, hoping for a win as it a loooonnnggg drive home late at night, but just wrapped to be seeing the boys live again, it has been a while!
Not going to take the V/Line?

nvm just checked the timetable, seems services have been cut since I lived near there 😒

Last edited:
Sums up his career
I get it that he is largely done now, but let's not all be disrespectful to him on the way out. Has played over 200 games, don't think he ever thought about moving clubs, won a B&F, won an ANZAC medal. Had some really solid years in the middle of his career and I vaguely remember him paying the cost himself to do high altitude training in Colorado one pre-season. And was smart enough to not like injections and avoided that mess (directly anyway).

Will be happy to remember him as a graceful mover and strong finisher that kicked match winning goals against both Collingwood and Carlton.

Hard to know what will happen at selection but we don't have a lot of options.

For me Guelfi, BZT in for Heppell, Waterman. Zakka sub

Waterman unlucky but gets exposed for pace/tank too often IMO. Needs a good preseason maybe drop a few kgs.

If Cox, Jones & Perkins are not sore or totally spent, leave in.

Reason I have Cutler & BZT in is I think we need to get time into players who could be good depth, not best 22, going forward.

All a guess!

I think they will persist with playing the kids - Perkins, Cox, Ham and Jones - nothing to lose and everything to gain…I don’t think there will be too many changes - Heppell will miss and Hooker clearly needs a week or two off. So for me:

OUT: Heppell, Hooker, Cutler
IN: Guelfi, Reid, Durham

Team:

Laverde Stewart Redman
Ridley Reid Hind
Ham Langford Cox
Tippa Jones Snelling
2MP Stringer Waterman

Draper Parish Merrett

Bench: Smith Guelfi Perkins Durham
SUB: Cutler

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

lol vline hasnt been an option for the north east for a long time now. you can get the train as far as seymour and drive the rest of the way though
You used to be able to get the XPT with a v/line ticket which was a train the whole way. I think the v/lines only went the whole way twice a day though and the rest of the time it was coach from Seymour. The XPT was good value though.

There also used to be a train (or coach) after the footy I thought, but not anymore. Used to be loads of footy fans on those trains.

Cutler wasn't too bad last week, can't get dropped after that performance when Ham offered far less and directly cost us goals with his mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back