Autopsy Round 18, 2022: Western Bulldogs v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll say it again. We haven't had a decent coach since Ross Lyon.

We haven't been playing solid 4 quarter footy all year, even though we won some games early. Now we've been found out.

It's an absolute joke that we re-signed Ratten the way we did. Seeing things written like "it would have been an act of football bastardry if we didn't" from journos makes my skin crawl.

Our list has more potential than they show on the field.

Great sporting teams are lead by their coach.

I don't care how feel good it is around the club. I don't care if ratten heals the sick and raises the dead. I just want St Kilda to be a well coached footy team.

We're a shambles... there's no accountability...I've had a gut full.

Not a bad shout re the coach. Find a championship winning team with a dud coach..... we're all optimistic saints fans that want our coaches, particularly the ones that pass the good bloke test, to be the answer. Sadly, we've not had enough guns over the journey. GT is on the money with this.

What disappoints me most is that all the crap served up tonight has been forced fed to us now for ten plus years. No game plan, poor foot skills, turn overs, lack of effort, dysfunctional forward line, inconsistency, no match day nous from the coach etc. You name it. I bet if you reviewed the posts on here over the last ten years you'd see all the above and more continually rolled out by our frustrated supporters.

Its not like we are all a bunch of bad losing sooks. We're just sick of the same shit being served up year in year out. An occasional good win wallpapers over all our deficiencies for a couple of weeks before we reset back to the same garbage.

When will we ever learn?

We seriously need to change. We need to develop a playing style where the ball at least moves quickly, with purpose and delivered to the recipient in such away they have a better than 3 on 1 odds. We need to be quick of mind in decision making, quick in execution And improve our skill level. We must take some risks. Our structures are all wrong. We don’t have a range of midfielders whose attributes compliment each other. Our forwards are more renowned for pressure acts than kicking goals. Give me Milney ahead of any of the current crop. We need a coach who installs unwaivering belief in each player. At the same time the coach needs when to rip into players who are performing. The latter point is hard for Ratts as I don’t think players understand what he wants them to do.( I’m not sure he knows what he wants them to do for that matter.) If the club wants supporters to stay loyal they must give us hope. Unfortunately I have none right now. We are going backwards..

I just don't understand it. Exact repeat of Essendon game. Soft, gutless, bruise free, zero pressure for 3Q. Both in must win games. We've shown we're capable of so much better, it seems to be all between the ears. Think we'll regret re-signing Ratts.
We already do.

I'll say it again. We haven't had a decent coach since Ross Lyon.

I think Scotty Waters could have been very good.

Off field the club was ****ed: We had hundreds of thousands of dollars tied up in player bonuses that nobody was keeping track of.

Zac Dawson agreed to an extension and then was told he actually had to take a pay CUT if he was going to stay because we'd ****ed up the salary cap.

Watters also had a leased car as part of his contract but nobody told him about it until the day he got sacked!

The senior players revolted and put their flag in the ground when he called them out for not winning in 09/10. Infamously, he pulled down the GF team photos and told the group that we were celebrating failure.

Funniest thing is that Pelchen came in and cleared out guys like Dal, Big Boy and BJ to clear cap space and bank picks for the rebuild that Scott Watters wanted but the senior playing group fought against!

Now I rekon we have a group that love Ratts. Why? Because he's nice to them. They know they are gonna get games.

Hill and Billings and Wood etc... They fill the stat sheet most weeks. Get a couple of clips on the highlight reel. "Do better next time" pat on the head and off ya go.

We need more campaigners in this team. Guys that would go after Bailey Smith at the bounce of the ball. Guys that would smash Bruce every time he went for a mark.

And FFS, do something about our F50 set up and entries. We are the WORST team to watch with the ball in hand!!

No DMac = No Saints.

Not a bad shout re the coach. Find a championship winning team with a dud coach..... we're all optimistic saints fans that want our coaches, particularly the ones that pass the good bloke test, to be the answer. Sadly, we've not had enough guns over the journey. GT is on the money with this.
I’m not optimistic and I don’t care if our coach drowns puppies on the weekend for a laugh. Give me a coach and players who win. That’s my standard. Off field provided it doesn’t impede on their ability to win games I don’t care.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bont wouldn't be half the player he is if we drafted him.

Would have been playing 3rd tall forward/ruck instead of Blake Acres.

Ratts would have him on the wing doing what he likes and feeling he had a good game when the stats showed 20+ touches.

Same with Petracca. He would have been a fat forward pocket for us.

Got nothing to do with the talent of these guys. Our development is just about the worst in the comp which is why we have to constantly load up with players from other clubs.

No DMac = No Saints.
Couldn’t agree more.. our coaching and development both sub-par.. all of our first round draft picks would have been better players else where in a good team.. in the last 10 years, the only good first round draft picks are Gresham + King..

If they ever bring in the send off in AFL plugger has to be brought into the 22 as a yappy tagger that just baits blokes into decking him.

If the response from Cadillac is anything to go by opposition teams won’t have anyone left to play by quarter time.

Hook, line, sinker, rod.

If Ratts talks to the players like he does at this preas conference he needs to change, it's like he's coaching under 12's call out the s**t campaigner efforts as they are. Not with things like "pretty average", or "not gonna win many games like that".
16 blokes without a tackle at half time is average, according to Ratten.

I wonder what below average is?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 18, 2022: Western Bulldogs v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back