Prediction Round 18, 2024: Changes vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to see the back of Witherden, Rotham, Jones and Darling.

Replace with developing players.
For me, you can add Cole to that list too.

If he was an absolutley elite lock down, you could forgive his other deficiencies but he's only not bad.

Much like Witho but with kicking....In-fact, I think Witho is actually better than Cole. :grin:

In- Maric, Culley, Dewar, Trew

Out- Darling, Jones, Rotham, Chesser

Cripps - Oscar - Waterman
Culley - J Williams - Ryan
Hunt - Reid - Duggan
Maric - Gov - Brockman
Witehrden - TB - Hough
B Williams - Yeo - Kelly
Ginbey - Trew - Cole - Hutchins
Dewar (Sub)

If Gov is out H Edwards.

Let’s get some run and drive off half back who can kick a ball. I know Maric can do it, would love to see what Brockman can provide.
Hard workers on the wings.
Too tall a last month. Shrink the forward line a little.
Trew can at least find it, let’s roll the dice and see if he can at afl level.

Chesser to play n ball for the Beagles. Jack ‘rested’.

It's not and it's damning for the club we are at this point
Best option is to disassociate with the club, unless performance and effort improves it's only a net negative for the mind body and soul.

No way this team deserves a 45k crowd at home. **** me.

Out once and for all: JJ, brockman, Chesser, witherden or Rotham
In: dewar, hall, Culley, any defender from the WAFL

Out Bwilliams, Darling and JJones, Brockman, Rotham
In Flynn if fit,JWilliams into 22 Dewar, Johnson and Maric.
Rather have Flynn as first ruck and Jwilliams as forward/ruck so we can drop Bwilliams and Darling
.JJones apart from his bad decision Making and execution is also delist material and we should play someone who will be there next year like Dewar
Johnson instead of Brockman
Maric is a hard one could play forward maybe wing or do we trial him back instead of rotham.

Im tossing up wether its worth paying $865 a season for a membership.
Came across for dons and north games at Optus. Seriously considering why I’ve booked to go to the Derby and Suns games.

Bring them all in except Gaff

State league affiliate: West Coast (WAFL)
This weekend: Peel Thunder v West Coast at Lane Group Stadium, Saturday July 6, 12.30pm AWST

MATCH CENTRE Check out all the stats from West Coast's clash

Jai Culley
, Ryan Maric and Andrew Gaff put their hands up for a recall as West Coast went down to Peel by 74 points on Saturday.

Culley had 25 disposals and seven tackles, Maric finished with 24 and Gaff gathered 26 in the Eagles' heavy defeat.

Zane Trew (21) and Luke Edwards (18) were also busy, while Jordyn Baker finished with 17 touches.

Clay Hall fought hard to lay a team-high nine tackles to go with his 12 disposals and Archer Reid kicked two goals.

Where you coming from mate? Over east, up north or down south?

I wouldnt bother going to the games if i didnt already pay for it.
Victoria mate. Wish I wasn’t so stubbornly committed to this team😭

But yea taking some time off work this time, so at least will be over for about 9-10 days which will be nice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We may as well go with a smaller forward lineup because the team is getting rebounded out with ease for the past few weeks.

Out: Darling, Gov (injury), Brockman, JJ, Rotham, Witherden, Hutch
In: Dewar, H.Edwards, Hall, Petch, Jamo, Burgiel, Maric

Would love for Hewett to come straight in but he needs a few weeks of WAFL before being ready for selection. I would love to drop B.Williams and bring in Flynn especially that Big O is a physical type ruck who will destroy Bailey and if we want Bailey in the side then Darling has to make way as unpopular as it sounds.

Too many times the team got scored off at will in the D50 due to having an overly tall side. Whenever the team is shorter, than the oppo rebound D50s reduce and the team is more likely to lock it in.

My 22 against Brisbane.

B: Hough, Barrass, H.Edwards
HB: Cole, Jamo, Duggan
C: Hunt, Reid, Chesser
HF: Ryan, Allen, Cripps
F: J.Williams (or B.Williams if Flynn), Waterman, Dewar
R: B.Williams (ideally Flynn), Yeo, Kelly
I/C: Burgiel, Hall, Petch, Ginbey

Sub: Culley or Hutch

Not sure chess out is the answer tbh, he's been far from terrible in spite of being gimped on the wing. Getting more games into kids like him should be the priority.

Agree with the need to get other kids in (e.g hall, Hewitt soon) - coaches need to think about how to get them involved and playing to their strengths better
Getting more games into someone like Chesser? He's played every game this year and has shown nothing. Barely sighted today and only marginally better than last week where he was invisible. It is wrong to keep keep giving him games week in, week out. Bad for him, bad for the team and bad for those looking to get in the team. He needs to play in the WAFL and show he deserves a game in the AFL.

Out Bwilliams, Darling and JJones, Brockman, Rotham
In Flynn if fit,JWilliams into 22 Dewar, Johnson and Maric.
Rather have Flynn as first ruck and Jwilliams as forward/ruck so we can drop Bwilliams and Darling
.JJones apart from his bad decision Making and execution is also delist material and we should play someone who will be there next year like Dewar
Johnson instead of Brockman
Maric is a hard one could play forward maybe wing or do we trial him back instead of rotham.
I would trial anyone over Roth, I wanna like him but he just can't get it right. The positioning today knowing the inside 50 was coming was poor. Not the best by foot either..

I will say though he "could" be a decent hybrid defender in another team, not ours.... not when we have gov and tb in the air... they leave alot of our 6 foot plusses stung for leg speed when the ball hits the deck in D50

Im tossing up wether its worth paying $865 a season for a membership.

It most certainly is NOT.

The club is absolutely fleecing fans and paid up members at this point. Add Floptus fleecing you at game on food and drink and the whole thing is quite an expensive waste of money and time.

No regrets giving up my seated seats this year (I moved from Perth anyway so had to), I don't miss them or the experience at all, it's one positive that I'm not wasting 900 bucks a year plus another 50-100 each game.

Once the club stands for something again, and Floptus gets a reality check about what food and drink should actually cost, I'll head back for a look.

The club is absolutely fleecing fans and paid up members at this point. Add Floptus fleecing you at game on food and drink and the whole thing is quite an expensive waste of money and time.

No regrets giving up my seated seats this year (I moved from Perth anyway so had to), I don't miss them or the experience at all, it's one positive that I'm not wasting 900 bucks a year plus another 50-100 each game.

Once the club stands for something again, and Floptus gets a reality check about what food and drink should actually cost, I'll head back for a look.
Holy shit. Is that the cost now?

What do you get for that?
All home games and guaranteed finals/GF tickets?

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

This was my 1st season having a full seated membership after being ITW for 7 years.

When the offer came to upgrade i sat on it for a week as i wasnt keen on paying for a membership.

My wife for some reason convinced me to do it.

Tbh id much rather my $900 + $30x11 in my pocket.right now.

Getting more games into someone like Chesser? He's played every game this year and has shown nothing. Barely sighted today and only marginally better than last week where he was invisible. It is wrong to keep keep giving him games week in, week out. Bad for him, bad for the team and bad for those looking to get in the team. He needs to play in the WAFL and show he deserves a game in the AFL.
11 touches on the gimp wing (a few less than ginbey & Reid) I don't consider unsighted.

He's also only played 30 AFL games - let's get these kids we obviously rate to 50+ ASAP is the priority.

Also not convinced he's going to develop any better getting flogged in the WAFL.

That said, more than happy to get games into other kids - but IMO there's others that should go out before chess:
  • Hall - keen to see him given a shot, JJ can go out for him though
  • Trew - fait accompli that he's getting delisted if not getting a game now
  • Culley deserves another run, not sure it would be at chess's expense. Either him or Hall for JJ IMO. Don't think he'll succeed as a mid at AFL level though, more utility/fwrd. Competing with Maric IMO.
  • Maric needs to play - at the expense of a tall though, we're already too tall (darling?)
  • Burgiel - I like his talent, but been poor at WAFL level. Half back flank though.

Hewitt & Bazzo coming back I'm excited about.

$865 for cat 1B seats. Im sitting in the block with the players box behind me.

Get 'first priority' river room access (never used) and first access for finals & first priority ballot for the GF...
Both seem years even decades away tho now

$700-900 is mid range seats from memory.

Which gets you, you ready for this..?

• 11 Home games
  • A sticker/pen/pin pack
  • A $25 voucher to be used at the team store.
  • Priority access to go in the DRAW for GF tickets. Nothing guaranteed.

The food and drink is the worst part though. $10 for a CUP of mid strength beer, $17-$20 for some middling hot stadium food.

If your team gets annihilated (like last week) on top of the journey to/from and the slow crawl in/out of the stadium, you walk off having wasted 3-4 hours of your life and at least a pineapple from your wallet on top of your season ticket cost.

Smuggling your own booze is the key 🗝️

$700-900 is mid range seats from memory.

Which gets you, you ready for this..?

• 11 Home games
  • A sticker/pen/pin pack
  • A $25 voucher to be used at the team store.
  • Priority access to go in the DRAW for GF tickets. Nothing guaranteed.

The food and drink is the worst part though. $10 for a CUP of mid strength beer, $17-$20 for some middling hot stadium food.

If your team gets annihilated (like last week) on top of the journey to/from and the slow crawl in/out of the stadium, you walk off having wasted 3-4 hours of your life and at least a pineapple from your wallet on top of your season ticket cost.

Smuggling your own booze is the key 🗝️

Prison wallet brah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back