Prediction Round 18, 2024: Changes vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think Jones is good depth to have. Gets moved around a lot, one of the few who offers leads in transition or swings around for handball receives to break lines.

If the likes of Petruccelle, Cripps, Brockman, Hutchinson and Hunt play well and consistently (or stop getting injured) then he probably won't be picked. Those are more wing/forward positions though, although Hunt potentially a HBF option.

If he was to be a rebounding defender he'd maybe have to do it as the defensive winger otherwise he'd want to push out Rotham, Witherden or Cole as his only potential options. I feel like we don't really have a rebounder at the moment, Duggan the closest we have who plays a variety of roles on game day.

If we dropped one of Witho or Rotham to line up shorter in the back line then the question is, would he be the first picked rebounding defender? Would want to improve his kicking, although some teams can make chaos balls work, direct turnovers aren't going to cut it.

I think Jones is good depth to have. Gets moved around a lot, one of the few who offers leads in transition or swings around for handball receives to break lines.

If the likes of Petruccelle, Cripps, Brockman, Hutchinson and Hunt play well and consistently (or stop getting injured) then he probably won't be picked. Those are more wing/forward positions though, although Hunt potentially a HBF option.

If he was to be a rebounding defender he'd maybe have to do it as the defensive winger otherwise he'd want to push out Rotham, Witherden or Cole as his only potential options. I feel like we don't really have a rebounder at the moment, Duggan the closest we have who plays a variety of roles on game day.

If we dropped one of Witho or Rotham to line up shorter in the back line then the question is, would he be the first picked rebounding defender? Would want to improve his kicking, although some teams can make chaos balls work, direct turnovers aren't going to cut it.

Jones isnt accountable enough to play defense IMO.

Gets beaten overhead too easily and just looks like he's there to rebound and attack, not defend or man up.

Just strange that you are more passionate about a young guy being dropped over the shit old guys about to be delisted.

Nothing wrong with darling playing as a key forward. But playing him as a 4th tall is genuinely ridiculous and terrible for our structure.

Weird that ‘trying hard’ is your defence of darling when that same argument is used for Chesser.
I'm not passionate at all about Chessers dropping.
I've even said I hope he makes it.
Unlike you though, I'm just not blindly defending him.

And at this stage, you don't even know if Rotham and Jones are playing.

From what I've seen so far, Darling has more of a chance of kicking two or three goals than Chesser has of having an impact.

Jones isnt accountable enough to play defense IMO.

Gets beaten overhead too easily and just looks like he's there to rebound and attack, not defend or man up.

Jones should be a pressure small fwd if he's in the team imo. He's quick and he can tackle when he gives a shit

Tell him we don't care about possies or goals, just front and centre every contest and tackle and pressure to keep your spot

Love to see the bench as: Brockman, Trew, Rotham, Maric, Culley.

Drop Darling and Jones.
Edwards doesn't get a gig.

I'd give Trew decent minutes through the guts, get a good look at him playing in position. If he performs, great if he doesn't he's gone for mine.
Rotham only gets the game as he's the only defender on the bench, tempted to trial him as the defensive winger.
Culley rotating half forward and in the guts with Reid.

Drop Darling and Jones.

I'd give Trew decent minutes through the guts, get a good look at him playing in position. If he performs, great if he doesn't he's gone for mine.
Rotham only gets the game as he's the only defender on the bench, tempted to trial him as the defensive winger.

Does Trew get a game after brutally beating up Schofield's son in the WAFL a few weeks back?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“I’ll lean on the coaches and the leaders. One thing I’ve learnt in life is standards and that’s to have elite standards and I’ll lean on the boys for that.” - Jarrod Schofield.

I hope he 'leans' hard...

Last edited:

Drop Darling and Jones.

That would be my preference also

Listened to Schofield on SEN and sounded like Trew was a definite starter

He was coy on Darling though, stating that they’d be having another MC meeting this morning as they needed to see how some players pull up from a solid training session yesterday

He was coy on Darling though, stating that they’d be having another MC meeting this morning as they needed to see how some players pull up from a solid training session yesterday
Good that he gets a farwell game:p

Sounds like Schoey put the boys through a pretty brutal training session yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back