Prediction Round 18, 2024: Changes vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Culley was showing promise as a forward, good mark, decent kick at goal, applies pressure. I was starting to think he could be a Langford type forward. Can go into the mid and around the ground but also kick a couple.
Don’t think he’s a pure mid though
Langford is a lot more athletic and 2cm shorter than Culley.

Essendon dont have 2 elite KPFs + a ruck/fwd to fit in either.

Do not want Culley as a forward. We have 2 elite KPFs, plus a ruck/fwd. If Culley had any speed at all then id be all for him, but hes slow.

Mid only for Culley

Well Jones, Rotham and Darling could all be dropped.
We don't know yet.

Would you be happy with side if they got dropped?
I doubt it because as long as Chesser isn't in the side, you obviously won't be happy.

Again, I don't think Jones should be in the side, but that doesn't mean I think Chesser does.

I've forgotten your original question.
Yeah I would be pretty happy if two of those three were dropped. Very happy if all three were dropped.

Don’t really care if Chesser gets dropped for another young player (Maric) that has performed in the wafl in isolation.

But we can’t be dropping poorly performing 21 year olds and keeping poorly performing old players in the team.

Do you honestly think those three guys should be in the team?

Langford is a lot more athletic and 2cm shorter than Culley.

Essendon dont have 2 elite KPFs + a ruck/fwd to fit in either.

Do not want Culley as a forward. We have 2 elite KPFs, plus a ruck/fwd. If Culley had any speed at all then id be all for him, but hes slow.

Mid only for Culley
Yeah culley no chance as a forward in the AFL unfortunately with his athletic attributes. Hutchinson already miles ahead in that role.

Filling the team up with wafl kids will just take us back to the 20 goal floggings of last year instead of 10 goal ones we are getting now which doesn't do anyone any good least of all the kids getting flogged.

Screenshot_20240711_182711_Brave.jpg

This was the team that put in the worst performance in our clubs history

It's a fallacy that our awful losses were due playing too many kids not up to it

Maric played well in the wafl and shouldn’t have been dropped in the first place. I would prefer they play both Chesser and Maric.

Yes you can. We are in a rebuild and shouldn’t be playing guys like jones, Rotham and darling.

Answer my question and stop avoiding hahaha
Chesser’s performances for the entire year have been modest at best. And he has stagnated at a low level.

Interesting that he has been omitted now Simpson is no longer on the MC. Clearly someone is not happy with his production and thinks he needs to go to the WAFL to work on his game.

Last edited:
Chesser’s performances for the entire year have been modest at best. And he has stagnated at a low level.

Interesting that he has been omitted now Simpson is no longer on the MC. Clearly someone is not happy with his production and thinks he needs to go to the WAFL to work on his game.
And all the players I want dropped ahead of him have been as bad if not worse and are five years older.

It’s the first week this year we have a clear alternative in the wafl. I think it’s just a coincidence tbh.

If Chesser is out Ledwards is surely straight back into playing that gimp role now.

Wouldn't be expecting more than 12 touches from him with minimal involvement. Not doubt he's #doinghisrole though.

Sooner that gimp wing role goes in the bin and we can move on from having 2 net negative wing roles the better.

Personally if we're only getting 8-15 odd touches from our wings, at best, i'd prefer it was from Maric. At least he can do something with the football. Would be handy having those footskills both forward of centre and out of defense.

If Chesser is out Ledwards is surely straight back into playing that gimp role now.

Wouldn't be expecting more than 12 touches from him with minimal involvement. Not doubt he's #doinghisrole though.

Sooner that gimp wing role goes in the bin and we can move on from having 2 net negative wing roles the better.

Personally if we're only getting 8-15 odd touches from our wings, at best, i'd prefer it was from Maric. At least he can do something with the football. Would be handy having those footskills both forward of centre and out of defense.

It hasn't happened yet, dog.

Problem is Schofield probably wants the Eagles job and if not that gig, a future coaching role elsewhere. He wont be prepared to make massive changes and end with a bad loss ratio. Almost wouldve preferred some no name in the coaches box for the remainder of the year. Or better yet, a collective of coaches.
From what I've seen on media, most of the football nation are aware of our plight and the need to play youth. Given the baggage he's left with, I doubt he'll be cruelly judged on his win/loss ratio for last 7 games. A coach can be judged on how he deals with the whole package over the course; introducing new players, repositioning players, game day tactics etc. Probably has instructions for remainder games.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The argument for retaining Chesser would be that on the gimp wing, all you can do is play like a gimp. So he’s been following instructions.

But seriously, he needs some confidence. He’s athletic, he’s got decent enough skills, and I think there’s at least an OK player there. He just needs to run around and learn to get hold of the footy. He can come back in when he can actually contribute.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Pretty close to playing one short with him in the 22.

And all the players I want dropped ahead of him have been as bad if not worse and are five years older.

It’s the first week this year we have a clear alternative in the wafl. I think it’s just a coincidence tbh.
?? I didn’t understand what you are saying. Particularly the last two sentences.

Who do you think is playing worse than Chesser and is five years older? Please name names otherwise I won’t get what you are talking about.

?? I didn’t understand what you are saying. Particularly the last two sentences.

Who do you think is playing worse than Chesser and is five years older? Please name names otherwise I won’t get what you are talking about.
Rotham, Jones and Darling.

Maric is replacing chesser this week. Before this week we didn't have an option to replace chesser.

Is Chesser going to the WAFL to develop a position he won't be playing in the seniors?

Similarly, will, say, Trew be given a game on ball or will be be consigned to a role he's not suited to?

It'll be interesting to see how JS juggles these players at both levels.

Lol.

Is that the official term for the wing role in our side?...gimp?

Is Chesser going to the WAFL to develop a position he won't be playing in the seniors?

Similarly, will, say, Trew be given a game on ball or will be be consigned to a role he's not suited to?

It'll be interesting to see how JS juggles these players at both levels.

Gaff clogging up Chessers wing role in the Magoos? Ooooh boy.

Rotham, Jones and Darling.

Maric is replacing chesser this week. Before this week we didn't have an option to replace chesser.
Thanks for clarifying that.

I agree that Rotham, Jones and Darling have been playing poorly, especially the first two. Darling seems to be trying but time has caught up with him. I am not against any of these players being omitted.

Maric could have been played last week but he has just been moved to this position.

Seems like the list management/recruitment team really forgot about outside midfielders. Perhaps it wasn’t expected that Gaff and Sheed would fall off the cliff so quickly.

My issue with Chesser is that he has just been gifted games for nearly two years and others have not even been tried.

Quite possible that LEdwards might actually get a role he's suited to, because whatever Simpson had him doing ain't it.

I'd also expect a number of players to rotate in and out, especially those in the last chance saloon.

#youcantgotoofartheotherway

L Edwards is an on baller. Center.

Just needs quicker mids around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back