Review Round 18, 2024 vs Gold Coast SUNS

Remove this Banner Ad

Who was the better mid coach? Schofield or Carr?
Tough question, Schofield did well coaching Subi over here.
He had a very good list but from what I’m told from people within the club he had total respect from the players.
Carr has had a good midfield at Port on paper but they do tend to struggle in big games.
I would most probably go Schofield but you could easily go Carr also.

We are just an average team with a very ordinary coaching group.
There are some great players in the team who work hard but also some very lazy ones.
Hard to disagree with your opinion, only thing you could say is it’s also a very average Competition.
Once Tassie comes in it’s only going to deteriorate.

I don't want to be harsh on the lad but all i've seen so far are 1/2 arsed efforts with a hint of cool that have amounted to

3/5ths of f'ck all. Drop the swagger play ugly and get better. There's a 191cm McCallum shadow playing in the Maggies

and guess what... he's breathing down your neck.

Jeez old mate Byron I recon that’s a little harsh

I recon Jase’s positioning is exceptional, his execution is improving. I’m not sure what more you could ask from him at this stage of his career

He was a naughty pussy.
Was before my time but remember watching it in the 90s when I was in high school (think it was on SBS). Didn’t realise, as LGBT wasn’t as commonly understood back then) the extent of debauchery in that cartoon.

Thanks for your input.
If only we were handed millions & millions of bitcoins from the AFL + hundreds of 1st round picks when Primus got sucked?
But unfortunately we’re stuck with Hinkley and a rusted out HQ Holden parked at FF
I dont know why you played him? And Boak's stat line looked ok, but surely this is his last year. Not the be all and end all, both teams will probably miss finals but both young teams which you will expect to improve next year

Hard to disagree with your opinion, only thing you could say is it’s also a very average Competition.
Once Tassie comes in it’s only going to deteriorate.
Agree, there are to many teams.
I find it very annoying how some of them are so lazy though, can’t be bothered chasing or covering a player when the opposition have the ball.

letting the grubbiness fester
OI!

Relaxed Spongebob Squarepants GIF by Nickelodeon

Finlayson can but can't be arsed

Has not been arsed all year. The biggest waste of potential talent in our list in my view.

I can understand players not living up to expectations in terms of skills and execution. But I'll be fecked if we should tolerate lazy, half arsed nothingness from professional players earning the size of an average mortgage every year. Surely his fellow forwards are pissed off by what he fails to offer them every week in terms of support.

The sort of player who you just know will lift his game for another club if forced to by being traded. Which makes his betrayal of our club at a time he needed our support even less acceptable.

Another reason why another coach who will kick arses out of Alberton is needed.

Has not been arsed all year. The biggest waste of potential talent in our list in my view.

I can understand players not living up to expectations in terms of skills and execution. But I'll be fecked if we should tolerate lazy, half arsed nothingness from professional players earning the size of an average mortgage every year. Surely his fellow forwards are pissed off by what he fails to offer them every week in terms of support.

The sort of player who you just know will lift his game for another club if forced to by being traded. Which makes his betrayal of our club at a time he needed our support even less acceptable.
It’s such a turnaround from his first year here.
Remember him kicking 5 in a game at Adelaide oval and played with real passion.
It’s like something has changed, either in his personal life or a problem at the club (Ken).
He’s just not the same player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at the game today. Watching it gold coast set up so well behind the ball, not allowing us to use the corridor and were easily able to rebound. Forward entries were incredibly wasteful, and horne-francis only havin 10 cba's was a terrible coaching move and all day we were just out coached. Yeah gold coast played well but we could've easily won even if we only played somewhat well. All I have to say is Sack Hinkley.

At 3/4 break they had scored something like 11.4 from turnovers!! Simply, we aren't good enough to play against good teams.

Forcing slow, dinky 45’s to enter the corridor from the back of the centre square was telegraphed to the point of being worthy of a drinking game.

Putrid.

Another reason why another coach who will kick arses out of Alberton is needed.
Spot on post. Our problem is not talent it is coaching and standards. The right coaches will fix many of our issues imo.

Well that’s that then. I wanted to win because top 4 was up for grabs but there is a sense that we are now really close to the end game of this regime with this loss at least.

We didn’t play great, but the main issue is our woeful forward line. We got the ball in enough times to kick a winning score but it was just a mess. We could’ve done with Rioli, instead of him being at the west coast game hanging with his former boys.

Dixon is cooked I get that, his body has just been through too much but far out all the other tall forward options were probably worse than him. Marshall didn’t touch it before he went off, lord kicked a nice goal In the first and barely sighted again, finlayson floated in and out with some nice things but mainly shit things. Who would’ve thought that we would need the guy who missed all of last year with an ACL so much. He is now by far our most important forward.

Some pretty dirty tactics from the suns today, it worked getting them the win but it’s not sustainable, hopefully those two blokes that got jones and evans get the holidays they deserve.

JHF was an absolute disgrace today, this is where Kenny’s lovey dovey father figure coaching is talked up by the media, but his chat with him on the bench did nothing. Jhf continued to play like a sooky brat, obviously whatever daddy said he wasn’t listening to or respecting what he had to say.

Really needed a strong coach and leaders to get him to pull his head in.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Kingy showed some damning Rozee footage on FC. Was embarrassing.
That is what I noticed as well during that passage of play. Again for someone who is captain, he does not play like one consistently and not willing to do the defensive aspect. It's not always attack attack attack. Too many times both Rozee and Butters only want to work when they have the ball. When they don't have the ball and have to defend, they don't possess the work-rate to win the ball back or create enough pressure for a turnover.

That is what I noticed as well during that passage of play. Again for someone who is captain, he does not play like one consistently and not willing to do the defensive aspect. It's not always attack attack attack. Too many times both Rozee and Butters only want to work when they have the ball. When they don't have the ball and have to defend, they don't possess the work-rate to win the ball back or create enough pressure for a turnover.
Whole team plays this way. All offence with little defensive running.

But Caicos is goat
So no one needs to defend or hang tough
Just run forward for glory

This game reminded me a lot of 2018 vs Freo in Perth when a win would have put Port 2nd on the ladder and cemented themselves as a true flag contender. Instead, they lost in a listless effort and went on to miss the 8 entirely. I can totally see a similar scenario happening this time round - the only addition being that this will result in Ken losing his job.

Forcing slow, dinky 45’s to enter the corridor from the back of the centre square was telegraphed to the point of being worthy of a drinking game.

Putrid.

Staggering isn't it.

Braindead players that can't think for themselves, a gameplan that is too rigid in its execution and a coaching group that think because it works (at times) against bottom sides it's just continual repetition until it becomes "total football".

The current crop of coaches and their vision is hard to swallow at the best of times yet the sheer ineptness of many guys that should be able to read the state of the game, the momentum, and what is needed, is horrid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 18, 2024 vs Gold Coast SUNS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back