Review Round 18, 2024 - West Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against West Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Where do you get the pressure stats.
I had the feeling that would have been one of the higher pressure games of the year so far as an average?
I thought the pressure was a higher as a result of the conditions. Both teams worked hard, no doubt but it's easier to pressure when there is fumbles and the ball is heavy etc.

I thought the pressure was a higher as a result of the conditions. Both teams worked hard, no doubt but it's easier to pressure when there is fumbles and the ball is heavy etc.
I didn’t really feel as though it was a particularly fumbly game.
I thought the skills in general was actually quite good for the conditions.
Maybe a re-watch might change my perspective?

Where do you get the pressure stats.
I had the feeling that would have been one of the higher pressure games of the year so far as an average?
There was a period when on the screen it had both teams at the maximum. Never saw it drop below elite from the Eagles.

Wasn't totally happy the way we used him. Played Joyce on the weakest tall forward while Andrews and Lester coughed up goals and weren't at their best with their intercepting against Allen and Waterman
I think to play Joyce on the first or second best forward may have crushed his confidence. The reality is we might need him for finals so steadily (but quickly as well as we are running out of rounds!) build him up to this level. He at least showed he can play at this level. Big step forward in my opinion.

From what I saw Joyce spent rotating time on Ryan, Williams, Maric and brief periods on Waterman. He aquited himself reasonably well.
I was sticking up for Joyce last year when he had that run of games but his errors were so poor against Melbourne that I was really worried whether he'd be a big liability.

He's no star obviously but it just goes to show you shouldn't judge anybody on one performance no matter who it is. He tidied up his game yesterday and was serviceable.

The big occasion 1st up in a very hot game against Melbourne was a lot to ask in hindsight.

Wow

West Coast v Brisbane
10 Lachie Neale (BL)
4 Oscar McInerney (BL)
4 Hugh McCluggage (BL)
3 Tim Kelly (WCE)
3 Brady Hough (WCE)
2 Cameron Rayner (BL)
2 Josh Dunkley (BL)
1 Liam Ryan (WCE)
1 Elliot Yeo (WCE)

Wow

West Coast v Brisbane
10 Lachie Neale (BL)
4 Oscar McInerney (BL)
4 Hugh McCluggage (BL)
3 Tim Kelly (WCE)
3 Brady Hough (WCE)
2 Cameron Rayner (BL)
2 Josh Dunkley (BL)
1 Liam Ryan (WCE)
1 Elliot Yeo (WCE)

Rayner is popping up at decent frequency getting 1-2 coaches votes. Having a real good year.

Rayner is popping up at decent frequency getting 1-2 coaches votes. Having a real good year.
It never seemed to make much difference whether he was good or not so good as far as I could tell but yesterday was one of his best games in terms of impact where he imposed himself physically.

Wow

West Coast v Brisbane
10 Lachie Neale (BL)
4 Oscar McInerney (BL)
4 Hugh McCluggage (BL)
3 Tim Kelly (WCE)
3 Brady Hough (WCE)
2 Cameron Rayner (BL)
2 Josh Dunkley (BL)
1 Liam Ryan (WCE)
1 Elliot Yeo (WCE)

That's incredible, we were so close to the magical 10 different players getting votes. Lachie being too good ruined it!

When does the MRO report drop?

I feel like the media will collectively groupthink Michael Christian into citing Charlie but it will become a very important tribunal test case. He really did nothing wrong.

AFL.com.au's Brownlow predictor (which correctly picked Neale last year) has Cripps, Neale and Daicos getting 3 votes each in round 18. For a leaderboard of:
  1. Cripps 25
  2. Neale 23
  3. Daicos 22.
Find it hard to believe Cripps and Daicos would both poll 3s in losing games.
Cripps doesn’t deserve 3 points for his game, lucky to get 1 in that loss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crazy to think that without the terrible tribunal backflip on Cripps a couple of years ago that Lachie would be in strong contention for a fourth Brownlow.
If Cripps hasn't beaten a deserving Neale that year, I think we'd seen a bit of point shaving here and there last year after Neale already had two in three years, and Bont would've gotten over the top last year.

If Cripps hasn't beaten a deserving Neale that year, I think we'd seen a bit of point shaving here and there last year after Neale already had two in three years, and Bont would've gotten over the top last year.
Yeah this is what makes me think he won't get up this year.

Anyone who watches First Crack and thought David King was angling for Charlie to be suspended completely missed the mark.

Not even close to what he said or was aiming at

AFL.com.au's Brownlow predictor (which correctly picked Neale last year) has Cripps, Neale and Daicos getting 3 votes each in round 18. For a leaderboard of:
  1. Cripps 25
  2. Neale 23
  3. Daicos 22.
Find it hard to believe Cripps and Daicos would both poll 3s in losing games.
Daicos didnt get coaches votes I believe. At least the coaches agree he probably doesn't poll

Cripps could poll 3 on sentimental 200 game vibes, and he was very good despite the loss.

If Daicos gets 3 for this round then the umps are even more in love with him than the commentators and you may as well save time and give him the next 10 Brownlows now.

I thought that was an insanely high quality game - the pressure was immense from both teams all game, finals like. I thought we were incredibly impressive and have been winning in all sorts of different ways. Looking really good. I reckon we get over Sydney next week fairly comfortably if we can bring that kind of pressure again, because if we do, Sydney has shown they can’t handle it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 18, 2024 - West Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Back