Prediction Round 18, 2024: Changes vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hall in for Brockman
Hedwards for Gov if he’s injured
Brockman sub

Preferably Jilliams to back up his cousin and Darling to be rested, but I don’t see it happening.

Hall debut to give us something to turn up to the game for.

Sheed, Flynn, Petch (if fit), Hewett, Bazzo, to all play WAFL.

$700-900 is mid range seats from memory.

Which gets you, you ready for this..?

• 11 Home games
  • A sticker/pen/pin pack
  • A $25 voucher to be used at the team store.
  • Priority access to go in the DRAW for GF tickets. Nothing guaranteed.

The food and drink is the worst part though. $10 for a CUP of mid strength beer, $17-$20 for some middling hot stadium food.

If your team gets annihilated (like last week) on top of the journey to/from and the slow crawl in/out of the stadium, you walk off having wasted 3-4 hours of your life and at least a pineapple from your wallet on top of your season ticket cost.

Smuggling your own booze is the key 🗝️
Good boy, smuggle the good stuff.
Hope you put that sticker to good use to spice up your flask :)

We do need tackles and pressure but we also need anyone to be able to find the ball at some stage
Nah nobody is good enough to get more than 25+ possies.

So we need to use those 25 possies like gold

Is it workrate?

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

We do need tackles and pressure but we also need anyone to be able to find the ball at some stage
Feel like hutch can be magnet swung and have a crack.. our bull mids were beaten today at the source, whats more concerning is their next handball, when we dont win it we get absolutely pantsed on the outside

$700-900 is mid range seats from memory.

Which gets you, you ready for this..?

• 11 Home games
  • A sticker/pen/pin pack
  • A $25 voucher to be used at the team store.
  • Priority access to go in the DRAW for GF tickets. Nothing guaranteed.

The food and drink is the worst part though. $10 for a CUP of mid strength beer, $17-$20 for some middling hot stadium food.

If your team gets annihilated (like last week) on top of the journey to/from and the slow crawl in/out of the stadium, you walk off having wasted 3-4 hours of your life and at least a pineapple from your wallet on top of your season ticket cost.

Smuggling your own booze is the key 🗝️

Why don't you just pack your own food?

Stadium food had always been lukewarm crud quality at both Subi and Optus.

Grab a roll and a canoli from the Re Store and maybe a can if chinotto. 🤌

What I want:

Rawlinson for Darling (just a taste of groundball forward pressure would be nice)
Hall for Kelly (Kelly is clearly not fit and needs to get fitness)
Johnston for Rotham (Hunt moves back, John Stone plays up the ground)
Dewar for Jones
Hutchinson out of the 22 for JWilliams and back to the WAFL
Culley to sub

Edit: Also like to see Maric in the side too, not sure how he fits.

What I think will happen:

HEdwards for Gov (inj)
Owning it

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Darling, Jones, Rotham, Witherden
In: Culley, Burgiel, Maric, Hall/Trew

If Gov is out injured then Harry Edwards can replace him

Ginbey and Burgiel can both an start in the backline
Culley in the forward line
Maric on the wing
Hall / Trew in the midfield or sub

Holy shit. Is that the cost now?

What do you get for that?
All home games and guaranteed finals/GF tickets?

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
I pay 550 per seat, 3rd level just off to the side of the goals. I'm happy with the price, not happy going to games where the team is no chance from the start.

There is enough talent in the squad to be competitive (no necessarily win, but to fight it out). We were good with this from Apr-May but have dropped off big time. The gameplan appears to be arse.

Feel like hutch can be magnet swung and have a crack.. our bull mids were beaten today at the source, whats more concerning is their next handball, when we dont win it we get absolutely pantsed on the outside
Beaten most weeks. In massive need of a pure midfield.

It feels too little too late for us but phillipou spent a few weeks int he VFL, earned a recall and played decently.

Time for chesser and ginbey to spend a few weeks in the WAFL.imo.

Look, it's a nice sentiment but our WAFL side is dogshit. Going back there is more of a hindrance to our players most of the time. It's only positive is getting miles into some players legs and giving the beanpoles a chance to run around whilst waiting for them to gain some muscle.

Also Ginbey was good, had a much better game than Kelly and Yeo.

Nah nobody is good enough to get more than 25+ possies.

So we need to use those 25 possies like gold

Is it workrate?

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Need to be good enough.

Yeo is Yeo. Beast but does go missing for big parts. Kelly can’t get out of 2nd gear. Reid a rookie and playing inside mid so will tire. Ginbey looks good in parts but confident is low and i think should be playing else where for another 1.5 years.

Other teams can throw half backs in the middle and they find the ball. Ed Richards ect. System is a huge part of it but geez the cupboard is bare for link mids

Waterman, Yeo, Ginbey, Reid, Kelly, Allen, Duggan, Hough, McGovern and Barrass get picked every week assuming they’re fit

Plus one of Bailey Williams or Flynn (I don’t care which) but not both. Ditto between the two Jacks - Williams and Darling - one or the other but not both (preferably Williams)

Ryan, Hunt, Cripps, Chesser and Cole probably join the first picked for varying reasons

The above counts for 17 spots and there’s enough experience there to provide guidance/leadership on field

Brockman, L Edwards, Johnston, Trew, Hall, Maric, Dewar, Hutchinson, Culley and maybe Burgiel should fill at least 3, possibly 4, of the remaining 6 spots over the remaining 7 games. All of them should get a minimum 2 games at some point

Hewett and Bazzo hopefully join that group once they’ve got 2 or 3 WAFL games under their belt. Jamieson as well perhaps depending on the severity of his latest knee injury

Petruccelle, Witherden, Jones, Rotham and H Edwards are known quantities and maybe two of those round out the 23 each week depending on form

A Reid, Barnett, Rawlinson, Baker and Livingstone are all too raw for AFL and should continue to focus on developing in the WAFL.

Gaff and Sheed can be playing coaches in the WAFL. Could say the same for Darling in reality but Simpson seems wedded to playing him

Long is obviously out for the year

Priority should be playing youngsters, particularly those without a contract so we get a look at them before deciding on their future

I can understand if paying members don’t want to rock up . It’s a lot of money just to see a team that doesn’t give a f$$k

Yeah I reckon if we don’t get noticeably younger at selection I’m not going to go. We’re going to get our arses kicked. At least give me some new blood to try to get excited about. Otherwise, why should I bother going to watch the same ageing half-interested players get their arses kicked?

It’d be the first home game (other than Covid lockouts) I’d miss since Optus opened. But I’m close to the end of my rope with this club at the moment.

IN: Culley, Trew, Maric, Petch, HEdwards
OUT: JJones, J.Darling, Brockman, Chesser, Gov

Better not risk Gov. Have some decency and put his health first please.

Maric to the wing taking Chessers spot who goes back to the WAFL. Culley up forward in place of Brockman, Trew in as a extra midfield rotation. Petch as the sub as opposed to a 200cm tall forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back