Bench Culley Rawlinson Edwards Maric Ginbey

Dewar Barrass Baker
Hall mcgovern Hough
Brockman Kelly Chesser
Reid Williams Hutchinson
Ryan Allen Waternam
Follwers Livingstone Yeo Reid

Two of your back six have probably never played in the backline in their lives.

Five of your forward six are 6’3” or above.

Just the nine changes I think? Just the four debutants?

mparing to Langdon is super dumb. His output in his first three seasons was the exact same as Chesser hahaha

No, it is not hahaha.

Screenshot 2024-07-08 at 10.06.06 AM.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-07-08 at 10.42.30 AM.jpeg

Chesser played his 30th game yesterday, Langdon in his 30th had 26 disposals against us. Chesser is yet to get 20 disposals. Langdon is no world beater and was a pick 54 as well. If Chesser was having the same output as Langdon did in his first few years then you wouldn't have to defend him so much.

I really dont care if they have never played these roles just get them all in the team
Dewar Barrass Baker
Hall mcgovern Hough
Brockman Kelly Chesser
Reid Williams Hutchinson
Ryan Allen Waternam
Follwers Livingstone Yeo Reid

Out Simmo
In Schofield

Then a change in direction for team selection. Gov out injured.

Hough H.Edwards Maric
Ginbey Barrass Ryan
Kelly Yeo. Hunt
Culley Allen Cripps
Waterman J Williams Dewar

B Williams Reid Hall

Int Duggan, Trew, Hutch, Burgiel

Sub: who cares

New look backline with Ryan being given a new role to revent himself. Will provide much needed kicking and run out of defence.

Ginbey gets settled as a half back where he can use his strength and marking ability to his advantage. He plays a lock down role where he is taken to the ball not running around like a headless chook. Let the kid settle in a role he can play.

Maric plays as the third defensive tall. Reckon he could be really well developed in this role and use his very good decision making and foot skills to his advantage. Just try it nothing to lose.

J Williams to replace Darling permanently. He is a development Ruck/fwd, the exact role Darling played on the weekend. Play the kid he’s going alright.

Hall, Trew, Hutch, Dewar, Culley and Burgiel all play. Yes it’s young but let’s at least have a look at them and see what they bring with only several rounds to go. One or two of them might surprise. It also gives the young ones some instant feedback on where there careers are at.

Chesser back to WAfL to learn how to play as an inside mid or half back. I’m not fussed either way but like Ginbey just give him a role that he capable of playing.

Darling, Witho, Jones, Cole, Sheed, Rotham ect back in the WAfL we have seen enough.

My main point is be bold and try some things that we haven’t tried so far. The old saying of “insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result” sounds pretty right at the moment.

Someone like Ryan, Maric, Ginbey, Culley or Dewar for example might surprise in a new role and it’s a win for list management.

Last edited:
In : Maric H.Edwards J.Williams in from sub
Out : Brockman McGovern Jones to sub

Defence - H.Edwards Barrass Rotham Witherden Cole Duggan Hough

Edwards in for McGovern, I don't see any other change as Burgiel is struggling at WAFL and to move Hunt in defence leaves a wing spot they can't cover.

Midfield - Yeo Reid Kelly Ginbey Chesser Hunt Maric

For most of the season the 4 mids around the ball have been pretty constant - Yeo, Reid, Kelly and Ginbey. The last couple of games Ginbey has actually played more outside almost that Sheed and L Edwards 7th mid role but not as forward as much as those two as they are picking an extra forward to push up into the midfield. It hasn't worked at all. Keep it simple 4 mids around the ball with Maric and Hunt on the wings rotating with Chesser who has a chance to play inside a bit more.

Ruck - B.Williams

Forwards - Allen Darling Waterman J.Williams Ryan Hutchinson Cripps

They have been picking 8 forwards but Brockman is likely to go. Going from Jones to J.Williams makes it taller but a 2nd ruck is needed. Hutchinson earnt a spot with his tackling. The 2 questions will be Petch and Flynn. If Flynn is available he comes in for J.Williams and if Petch is available he replaces Jones as sub.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'll win, but im not sure by alot to be honest.

I can see them being complacent and just doing enough to get the 4 points.

Sadly complacency causing losses has happened this year. We have played some pretty awful footy at times.

We've had plenty calling for fagan to go mid season as he didn't know how to win/ had one game plan only/ played his pets.

He has however reformed and learnt a ton of stuff over the past 7 weeks. Maybe Simpson will too.

A plus for us is our behind kicking. It has been magnificent, we hit 20 week before last.

Hedwards for Gov (injured)
Jilliams into the 22 for Darling (managed)
Hall for Brockman
Maric for Jones, with Hunt shifting to Jones’ role (whatever that’s been) and Maric playing wing

One of Brockman or Jones to be sub, don’t really care which. Neither’s done much.

Makes us younger and newer without going overboard.

Simmo said we will do multiple changes and now is the time to test a few things out...

Now? What was he expecting to make finals before yesterdays loss or something. Things should have been tested out months ago not in Round 18.
Hahaha was hilarious when they asked why darling was playing back up ruck and he said to try out new things with him....he's 33 and soon to retire lol.

Unless he plans to keep him playing until he's 35 and needs to move him out of the forward line...you know to keep his mates happy in the team at all costs

Your claim is verifiably untrue, I can only imagine you simply made it up.

Why have you linked me footywire? Use AFL player ratings which are either on the AFL website or on Wheelo. Langdon had a rating of 6.8 in his third year and Chesser has a rating of 6.2 in his third year.

Last edited:
No, it is not hahaha.

View attachment 2042363

View attachment 2042365

Chesser played his 30th game yesterday, Langdon in his 30th had 26 disposals against us. Chesser is yet to get 20 disposals. Langdon is no world beater and was a pick 54 as well. If Chesser was having the same output as Langdon did in his first few years then you wouldn't have to defend him so much.
I just rate players on more than disposal account. That’s just ridiculously basic analysis.

Langdon had a 5%-10% higher afl player rating in his third year. That’s a fact. I understand if you don’t rate that model but its a lot better than disposal count

Last edited:
In's
Hewett
Culley
Maric
Hall
Burgiel
J Williams
Archer Reid.

Out
Gov inj
Darling
Jones
Witho
Cole
B Williams.
Brockman.

May sound funny but here is away to get Archer Reid into fwd line.

Drop Darling, Flynn & B Williams. We got all these other tall fwd types in Culley, Hutchinson & Maric.

Use J Williams as Ruck rotate him with Archer Reid. I'd like to see Allen, Waterman & A Reid as the 3 tall fwds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back