Autopsy Round 18 = Collingwood 62-91 Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Anything that puts the dagger further in harvey is a tick in my book.

i ******* shudder to think what we would be if he was the perm coach.

piss off back to st kilda.
He was never going to be the coach. Why rage against a guy who is just keeping the lights on?
Are you all there?

Appalling second half really. Ball movement and clear possession abandoned us and we just floundered. Mentioned it in the game day thread, but where were our leaders in the second half. Grundy collapsed, Pendles and Adams had no impact at all and DeGoey lost all his influence around the contest. To be smashed in the clearances when Cripps wasn't playing is a massive kick in the guts.

Main positives were the younger guys. Ruscoe looks enlightened down back, Goldsack like really. Glad we're sticking with him. Henry had a nice game as well, looking forward to seeing him at game 50. Bianco composed with the ball but still struggling to find it.

Easy to get caught up in the last quarter, but there are some positives.

• Henry kicked 3 goals, and has good kicking boots. There’s something to work with there.

• Ruscoe has a bright future in the backline.

• Ball movement was good in the first half, and should be the standard going forward.

Carlton emulated what we did last week against Richmond. Destroyed us in the clearances and Walsh was a key component of their victory.

We kept McKay at bay for three quarters, but once the shackles were off it was all over.

Ive been saying it for a while, this side lacks competitive edge, game sense or any football knowledge at all and it comes from the coaches box. Dont be surprised when we win plenty of games next season after a clean out.

Weak, heartless effort. Letting Blues kick 9 of last 10 goals is shameful. Our midfield seemed to just give up in Q4 and it was open floodgates after that.

Team selection is terrible - Ginnivan and McCreery have both been great finds as goal-kicking pressure forwards - one is out injured and yet we stubbornly refuse to select the other, who is in great form in VFL. We continue the get killed in clearances yet refuse to select Sier who reads the ball off ruck taps better than anyone on our list. Mayne is on the verge of retirement and has no potency, so should only be playing as injury sub yet we pick him as a starter every week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I get it’s hard to justify changing a winning side, but Sier would have been damn handy today. Besides DeGoey over the past month our midfield has been unreliable and badly beaten at times this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weitering and Jones would have had the best nights sleep they’ve had in years last night.

Going to bed knowing you are playing on these Collingwood KPF’s is a defenders dream.

Disgraceful list management for a decade continues to haunt.

Started off well, lot's of overlap run allowing us to quickly play on.

Then we reverted back to the chip/hold spread to the wings type gamestyle.

Frustrating team at times.

Typical Shit Coaching

Last qtr from hell 😡

On the plus side....

the ball movement was really good at times

And Henry and Ruscoe showed us they are potentially long term best 22

The glass is half full for mine

Yea gave up some easy goals taking the risky inside option on a fast play on. But would prefer we take those risks than not.

Sucks to lose to Carlton but we are where we are as a rebuilding side.

Agree with you that the rest of the season is more about looking for signs from our youngsters. Great to see Henry clunking marks and kicking goals. Will start becoming dangerous for our forwardline. And Ruscoe looks great as a defender. Like a taller Maynard. And surprisingly no brain fades in the back half unlike Maynard. Kicking is also pretty pinpoint spotting up targets.

Murphy needs a rest. Time to reward Ginnivan with a debut. C Brown back to his ineffective self. Sier needs to come in for him. And Macrae should get the opportunity with Thomas concussion.

Weitering and Jones would have had the best nights sleep they’ve had in years last night.

Going to bed knowing you are playing on these Collingwood KPF’s is a defenders dream.

Disgraceful list management for a decade continues to haunt.
Hine,Hine,Hine.He’s never been interested in recruiting key forwards.And that’s one of the reasons why we’re in the mess we’re in today.

You couldn't possibly say that about the first three quarters. Deep breaths, Dave. Take a break from here maybe.

We were clearly barely going in the last quarter.

Also think they worked out how to stop Grundy. Walsh huge.

Imagine tanking for a good player like Walsh!
You thought we played well and showed good effort in the third do you?💩

I really, REALLY liked what I saw us trying to do in the first three quarters. We’ve been critical of our slow movement, it’s obvious that we’re trying to play on and go through the corridor, but there was no plan B when Carlton switched onto it.

That last quarter was nothing short of heartless. I’d be generous to say that more than 5 players could honestly put their hand up and say they played their role (Quaynor, Ruscoe, Noble, Mayne, De Goey and maybe Elliott).

I sincerely hope that the talk of Robert Harvey not being a genuine candidate for the job is factual. I don’t want anyone associated with the Buckley regime handling the reigns because it’ll just be more of the same.

All in all, what looked a settled side with a purpose turned into a crumbling, flailing mess in the blink of an eye.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 18 = Collingwood 62-91 Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back