Autopsy Round 18 = Collingwood 62-91 Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Henry re.. Henry re.

Rapped with our young first yr players.

I think they're all going to be around for a while.

I think we've got the nucleus of a really good side out there.. if we make some bold moves in trade.. with a view to the future.. you just never know where it will take us.. just requires a lot of work to think about it.. but I think it needs to be done.

I reckon we lost that game in the first half …

… we went in very hard, burnt a lot of energy early, but didn’t make the most of it on the scoreboard.

Carlton soaked it up, then ran all over us in the last quarter when we had run out of wheaties.

The Good. Despite the loss, there was a lot of good to come out of that game. Henry will gain a lot of confidence out it. Ruscoe continued his good development. And another development game has been pumped into Bianco which he’ll be better for. Madgen’ s development continues (ignore his age of 28, AFL experience is measured in games played, and today was his 35th game, and like any 35 game player you like to see continual development. That intercept mark on the wing, then spotting up Cameron 30 meters out from goal was sublime). Pendlebury is as dependable as ever.

The Bad. We can’t just bang it into the forward line when the opposition have an intercept marker like Jacob Weitering. Poulter had a game we would rather forget. Murphy didn’t have that much impact, but he’ll be OK. Crisp’s game was down on his usual lofty standards. Maynard started the game in epic form, but seem to lose impact as the game wore on. Ditto Grundy. Ditto DeGoey. Chris Mayne is best 22, he is reliable and consistent, but FFS can one of the young lads take Mayne’s spot off him, he offers nothing offensively.

The ugly Losing to Carlton :(

Just smashed around the footy. Once the Blues pushed up, took away the corridor kick and made exitting defence a chore, it was a matter of time.

Harvey Easily OutCoached

I reckon we lost that game in the first half …

… we went in very hard, burnt a lot of energy early, but didn’t make the most of it on the scoreboard.

Carlton soaked it up, then ran all over us in the last quarter when we had run out of wheaties.

The Good. Despite the loss, there was a lot of good to come out of that game. Henry will gain a lot of confidence out it. Ruscoe continued his good development. And another development game has been pumped into Bianco which he’ll be better for. Madgen’ s development continues (ignore his age of 28, AFL experience is measured in games played, and today was his 35th game, and like any 35 game player you like to see continual development. That intercept mark on the wing, then spotting up Cameron 30 meters out from goal was sublime). Pendlebury is as dependable as ever.

The Bad. We can’t just bang it into the forward line when the opposition have an intercept marker like Jacob Weitering. Poulter had a game we would rather forget. Murphy didn’t have that much impact, but he’ll be OK. Crisp’s game was down on his usual lofty standards. Maynard started the game in epic form, but seem to lose impact as the game wore on. Ditto Grundy. Ditto DeGoey. Chris Mayne is best 22, he is reliable and consistent, but FFS can one of the young lads take Mayne’s spot off him, he offers nothing offensively.

The ugly Losing to Carlton :(
Agree with all of that mate except for the Murphy will be ok , think he has no hope of being anything except very ordinary.

They should sign Teague for 5 years, amazing performance.

But seriously, we just looked disinterested, not hungry. Can the season already.

Once Adams gets injured our midfield is cooked. Desperately need another big bodied midfielder.

We have a big bodied midfielder, he is continually overlooked , he wears the bears number. while gifted games little boy Brown plays, this club is going nowhere,don`t want to see him ever in the Black and white, he is putrid, Sidebottom is cooked, said it last year , Million dollar baby giraffe is a disgraceful commitment from our Club, Mayne is a fantastic bloke , but he is not best 22 in any team now, Thomas should go back to the St-Kilda festival and eat more steak. On the positive side, I look forward to the careers in the likes of ,Poulter, Ginnivan, Henry, Quaynor, Daicosx2, Bianco, McCrae, Ruscoe, McInnes,Lynch, hope he stays, would be another massive f&ck up by our club , enough of these hand picked McGuire boys club selections, out with Buckley`s best man Sanderson and Harvey . In, a progressive coach who has a clear knowledge of how to create connection and vibes within the playing group, and Hine , your continued non selection of key forwards shows how out of touch you are with modern day football, be gone .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tired of seeing short people up forward being outmarked constantly. Desperately need a couple of big boys to compete. Its embarrassing, ruckman don't count.

Tired of seeing short people up forward being outmarked constantly. Desperately need a couple of big boys to compete. Its embarrassing, ruckman don't count.

Hopefully Johnson get Games soon

Commisserations guys, I thought you would beat us again, could have gone either way in the last, but I think our boys lifted and did it for jack Silvagni. You have found a good young one with Henry. Our rivalry is still strong. Cheers till the next time.

Yeah i watched him pretty closely and he is limited for sure ,some things you cant teach ,one is footy nous ,he was out of position a lot or rather in no mans land.
I just don't think he does anything well. Even his admirable courage and desperation just results in him taking himself out of contests by continuously going to ground.

We have a big bodied midfielder, he is continually overlooked , he wears the bears number. while gifted games little boy Brown plays, this club is going nowhere,don`t want to see him ever in the Black and white, he is putrid, Sidebottom is cooked, said it last year , Million dollar baby giraffe is a disgraceful commitment from our Club, Mayne is a fantastic bloke , but he is not best 22 in any team now, Thomas should go back to the St-Kilda festival and eat more steak. On the positive side, I look forward to the careers in the likes of ,Poulter, Ginnivan, Henry, Quaynor, Daicosx2, Bianco, McCrae, Ruscoe, McInnes,Lynch, hope he stays, would be another massive f&ck up by our club , enough of these hand picked McGuire boys club selections, out with Buckley`s best man Sanderson and Harvey . In, a progressive coach who has a clear knowledge of how to create connection and vibes within the playing group, and Hine , your continued non selection of key forwards shows how out of touch you are with modern day football, be gone .
Sidey has definitely slipped .

I think that was happening a bit because Mihocek was working up the ground, and when we transitioned quickly he couldn’t get back in time. Dunno where Cameron was, he seemed to be MIA for a lot of the game.

Basic story as the past couple of years under bucks, stack the team with defenders and watch the midfield get smashed.
Very true, really time we bring in Sire & McCrae and hopefully McCinnes gets his opportunity, play them for all remaining matches into the midfield.
I would also start to rotate Quaynor through the midfield in short bursts at this stage see what he can do, his speed is damaging and I reckon he could be an outside mid weapon, we have our core of Adams, JDG (needs to get fitter) & Crisp.
We have Maynard, Noble, Ruscoe as HB options.
No more midfield time for our ageing duo Pendles & Sidey. Pendles to play in the back half, Sidey is cooked.

I just don't think he does anything well. Even his admirable courage and desperation just results in him taking himself out of contests by continuously going to ground.
Should have been replaced with Ginnivan for that game , bar the gifted goal from Degoey he wasn't great last week either.

Umpire costing us 5 goals in the first 3 quarters kept them within kicking distance.
Disgraceful. The Betts call could be the worst I've seen in my life. He *clearly* dropped it, and if by some obscure chance they ump didn't see it, Eddie literally played on and kicked it away.

Adams holding the ball in the last was perplexing, and that was the last I saw of the game.

Also missed some of the most blatant throws you'll ever see.

Very true, really time we bring in Sire & McCrae play them for all remaining matches into the midfield.
I would also start to rotate Quaynor through the midfield in short bursts at this stage see what he can do, his speed is damaging and I reckon he could be an outside mid weapon, we have our core of Adams, JDG (needs to get fitter) & Crisp.
We have Maynard, Noble, Ruscoe as HB options.
No more midfield time for our ageing duo Pendles & Sidey. Pendles to play in the back half, Sidey is cooked.
I would go one further and put Maynard in midfield for a run as well.

Disgraceful. The Betts call could be the worst I've seen in my life. He *clearly* dropped it, and if by some obscure chance they ump didn't see it, Eddie literally played on and kicked it away.

Adams holding the ball in the last was perplexing, and that was the last I saw of the game.

Also missed some of the most blatant throws you'll ever see.
Ignoring Sidebottom subsequently putting the footy on the ground compare the Betts decision to Grundy vs the saints. Both knew they hadn’t marked it and elected to play on via an attempted disposal before the ump paid the mark. Betts got a second chance, Grundy didn’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 18 = Collingwood 62-91 Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back