Game Day Round 18 - Crows v Saints - Battle for Pick 4

Remove this Banner Ad

A few of their goals came directly of dodgy free kicks... Ie the htb against fog... That was a completely wrong call.
That was absolutely holding the ball

Tackled, arm free and put the ball on the ground.

Also wasn't a shot at goal

It didn't seem like that at all

They obliterated us in clearances in Q1, got in first for the ball, were quick to tackle.

We started sluggishly in general, didn't adjust to the conditions with only Dawson up to speed.

Reacted strongly in Q2, more players got involved and I thought we largely controlled the game from that point on.
I saw it different. We would do something defensive well, like a tackle and no HTB. Or worse a free kick against. Sometimes we had the ball and a stupid free against cleared the ball out of our fwd 50.

And stats wise those freess against are a +8 c.p. for them.

I am right now. Which is why I wanted us to lose. So that they sack Nicks and we get a better draft pick.

Then we can win more. Then I can be happy.

We could lose every game for the rest of the season and he won’t get sacked. You need to move on from this fantasy as it must get quite depressing for you. His job is under no pressure unless we start off next season like this season

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We could lose every game for the rest of the season and he won’t get sacked. You need to move on from this fantasy as it must get quite depressing for you. His job is under no pressure unless we start off next season like this season

I am old enough to remember 2014. Always hope.

Yep, we need to waste 2025 if we want Nicks sacked.

He has a leave pass with Murray, Worrell, Thilthorpe and Rankine missing chunks of the season.

I am starting to think I would prefer they just get better people to support him ie Simpson, Montgomery and Balme and we improve next year.

The thought of no Finals till 2026 is depressing.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He picked up the ball and was immediately tackle so one of his arm wasn't free, where was prior?? They've really stuffed up the HTB change during the season.
You can't put the ball on the ground

It's an absolute of the rule

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He put the ball on the ground
No he didn't, look at 21:45. The incorrect free resulted in a kick inside 50 and mark then shot on goal. It was as worst a free kick as the Walker ruck "infringement" inside attacking 50 in the same 1st quarter.

Last edited:
No he didn't, look at 21:45. The incorrect free resulted in a kick inside 50 and mark then shot on goal. It was as worst a free kick as the Walker ruck "infringement" inside attacking 50 in the same 1st quarter.

What on earth are you talking about?

He put the ball on the ground. There isn't anything else that happened or any other way to view it.

The Walker ruck infringement was also a correct decision. He bodied the Saints ruckman out of the way and never went back to the ball. A textbook illegal block

There were about 50 terrible decisions you could have highlighted

What on earth are you talking about?

He put the ball on the ground. There isn't anything else that happened or any other way to view it.

The Walker ruck infringement was also a correct decision. He bodied the Saints ruckman out of the way and never went back to the ball. A textbook illegal block

There were about 50 terrible decisions you could have highlighted
He picked up the ball, got immediate tackled and rolled on his back. Even the commentator was surprise it was called HTB.

But what did Fogarty do?
He couldn't do anything as he was tackle with only one arm free and on his back and there was no prior. That's why I said the HTB interpretation the AFL only introduced during season was BS. You wanted him to throw the ball with his other free arm and get pinged with incorrect disposal and dropping the ball???

He couldn't do anything as he was tackle with only one arm free and on his back and there was no prior. That's why I said the HTB interpretation the AFL only introduced during season was BS. You wanted him to throw the ball with his other free arm and get pinged with incorrect disposal and dropping the ball???

A tackle with one arm free is textbook. If you don't attempt a disposal it's always been holding the ball

Only if you have opportunity to disposal the ball, Fogarty was on his back so the only option to dispose of the ball was to drop it to the ground.
Having one arm free is an opportunity to dispose of the ball through a kick.

That's why it's the perfect tackle. If you pin both arms there's no prior and much less chance of getting the free

Having one arm free is an opportunity to dispose of the ball through a kick.

That's why it's the perfect tackle. If you pin both arms there's no prior and much less chance of getting the free
He roll him on his back, there was no chance of disposing the ball and no prior so ball up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Round 18 - Crows v Saints - Battle for Pick 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back