Preview Round 18 v GWS MCG Sunday July 14th 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who we gonna move to the guts when Prestia pings his hammy in the 2nd quarter?
well, if Prestia does another softy then if we play him again in a few weeks we need shooting.
Tomorrow is his last straw IMO, and if we do play him again we deserve what we get.

Dont get me wrong , love the guy--but work is work and we need to rebuild.

Grimes as a former Captain should have his decision accepted, it may be his poor form over the last two seasons is the result of his back issues and he may get back to his past form.
Not sure how his back issues cause him to panic under pressure, give away dumb free kicks, drop chest marks, and constantly fall over. Maybe it does? I don't know.

He was one of the best pure defenders I've ever seen, but unfortunately the signs were there as early as 2022 that he was on the decline. He turns 33 in 3 days. On exposed form, he's finished. And who would he replace in the backline if he plays on? Miller? That would be insane.

And the worst part about that is the club will let him. They can't bring themselves to drop any premiership players, let alone send them off to retirement.

I hope I'm wrong.
Houli wanted another year I think but they basically forced him out. That's about it though.
Sheds went one year to long. I can't recall if I though he should have recall if I thought he should’ve retired before they gave him the extra year.
Cotch I do remember thinking he should retire and they gave him the extra year, but I'm not surprised they didn't force out a 3 time premiership captain.
It will be interesting to see what happens with a few at the end of this year.

Houli wanted another year I think but they basically forced him out. That's about it though.
Sheds went one year to long. I can't recall if I though he should have recall if I thought he should’ve retired before they gave him the extra year.
Cotch I do remember thinking he should retire and they gave him the extra year, but I'm not surprised they didn't force out a 3 time premiership captain.
Grimes, McIntosh, Pickett and Prestia (if he does another hammy this season.

And that's not counting the ones who may be traded.

what’s blight and mcaullfie done wrong??
they haven't done a preseason x 2.... no use flogging them when it's obvious that they are running out of petrol tickets and running on fumes late in quarters. 5 or 6 of our blokes have been getting absolutely pounded and pansted by fitter opponents after the first hour of the game has passed.

Houli was cooked bit but half wanted to play on. Astbury was also cooked but pulling the pin surprised the club. Edwards was sub by late in the year. Cotch played some good football in his last year.
Jeez our older players hit the wall hard.

Grimes, Martin this year.

Prestia can play when not in rehab. Maybe give him another year. Kmac2 has been a find & Dow will be good depth as is Sonsie

At 18th & with Martin money being available, lots of high end raft picks, maybe we don't need to retire Prestia.

Lots of variables. Will any of the current midfield depth ~ Graham, Baker or Bolton depart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houli was cooked bit but half wanted to play on. Astbury was also cooked but pulling the pin surprised the club. Edwards was sub by late in the year. Cotch played some good football in his last year.
Jeez our older players hit the wall hard.

Grimes, Martin this year.

Prestia can play when not in rehab. Maybe give him another year. Kmac2 has been a find & Dow will be good depth as is Sonsie

At 18th & with Martin money being available, lots of high end raft picks, maybe we don't need to retire Prestia.

Lots of variables. Will any of the current midfield depth ~ Graham, Baker or Bolton depart.
Cotch was ok, the problem was he was resting forward and it didn't suit him, he was too slow to apply pressure and was really just taking a young kids spot, but being who he was I think he had the right to play that last year, just as Dusty does, if he wants to.
I kind of hoped Graham would go as a free agent, but starting g to sound like Yze wants to keep him on. Despite the hate he gets on here, I think if he got his body right and had a good run at it he is a more than serviceable player, the trouble is he is too slow with the rest of our midfield (Taranto and Hopper) particularly if Prestia does go on another year. He would also be keeping one onmf the kids out of the team that we need to get games into.
I think Baker will only go if the offer from WC is way over what we offer, he will stay with us for unders, but not way unders.
If true that Bolton wants to stay then he will.
I'm starting to wonder about Rioli, hopefully not as he provides the run and drive off the back line I don't see from any other player on our list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back