Game Day Round 18 vs. Geelong, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 12/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's definitely a must win game now.

Anyone with the time, care to do the maths on how many games we'd have to win to get top 4 still? Assuming all other results go against us.

I would think we've already lost all the games we can, when considering 2 draws = 1 win 1 loss with points.

Maybe can lose one more perhaps. Top 4 already looks out of reach to me.
6-1 gives us a very good chance. Would need a big string of results to go against us otherwise.

But obviously our own form is the rate limiting step.

You just know J Cameron will kick 8 after not looking like it for 2 months
Does it to us every time

J Cameron was BOG against Hawthorn on Saturday and very good against Essendon the week before. His form slump appears well and truly over, many of us thought he took a few weeks to recover from a concussion earlier in the season.

Good luck on Friday, hoping for another cracking contest between our two sides.

J Cameron was BOG against Hawthorn on Saturday and very good against Essendon the week before. His form slump appears well and truly over, many of us thought he took a few weeks to recover from a concussion earlier in the season.

Good luck on Friday, hoping for another cracking contest between our two sides.
I'm a big Jeremy Cameron fan. Shame he didn't play for the pies. He was a collingwood supporter as a kid I think.

I'm a big Jeremy Cameron fan. Shame he didn't play for the pies. He was a collingwood supporter as a kid I think.

He was - I thank my lucky stars every day that he and Danger were both regional Victorian guys who prefer the quiet lifestyle!

Can't remember how many top grade players supported us growing up.

I know we can't have them all but why can't the AFL introduce a draft concession along the lines of "I loved them when I was growing up" - a distant cousin to the father - son rule.

Ash Johnson statistics from the VFL today • 5 Goals • 13 Disposals • 11 Kicks • 7 Marks
Can someone share how he kick his goals? Were they from marks, tackles or handballs over the top?

I think this is important to know how goals are kicked. Players often get plaudits for kicking 3+ goals, however in many occasions they kick two goals from handballs in the goal square that can be raffled between others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone share how he kick his goals? Were they from marks, tackles or handballs over the top?

I think this is important to know how goals are kicked. Players often get plaudits for kicking 3+ goals, however in many occasions they kick two goals from handballs in the goal square that can be raffled between others.
He wasn’t gifted goals if that’s what you mean. Was back to competing well in the air. He passed off another couple that he should have had shots at himself. Was clearly our best forward by a long way. Building his confidence. Also saw a lot more second efforts from him. All this with terrible entries btw.

Only one kinda "cheapy", a clever inside kick from Fin to him in space, but whether you call that a cheapy or good forward craft to find space i50 is up to the viewer I guess. Took some good marks, his second goal came from a strong grab just outside the arc and then getting a 50m penalty paid afterwards. For mine it just looked like his timing had returned, took a few marks where he just read it better, or cleverly turned his opponent inside out. He's never going to be a stand and wrestle forward, so he relies on his timing and athleticism, both of which seemed a mile off at the start of the year.

I'm not sold that "he's back" or he's turned it all around for good, but I would be keen to have a look how he goes alongside Reef and Kreuger i50. We know he's extremely talented and I wish the lad all the best, hopefully he gets a start and we see him blossom and return to some of that exciting form we saw from him in '22/23, otherwise I suspect he will be elsewhere in 2025.

Just had a quick go on the ladder predictor, having us win every game, but also making all other results go the most unfavorably for us.

Even winning every game, we can only get to 5th with other results going against us.

It's a bit of a worry - not enough games between higher sides for the remainder of the year - mainly the ones we play, so most of our competitors can also win almost every week too. We are now 6 points out of top 4, so need to gain two wins on the others to get in.

Just seems like a bridge too far - realistically, best we can aim for now would be 5th or 6th and get a home elimination final.
If we scrape in and don't have any more serious injuries we would have close to our best line up for the finals and many of them would be fresh and jumping out of their skin. We start a four game season. It's very tough but not impossible. But it could all end in the next couple of weeks and the cavalry could arrive after the battle has been lost.

Geelong’s defence and forwards should smash us
Only area we could potentially beat them is in midfield but that would take a big reversal in form and attitude from some with big reputations

Fly on Sen at 4

Usually the spot where he rules 3 out with injuries that no one previously knew about. Fun times
I want him to explain why there's not hunger now. 2022, they were desperate to win. What a ride that was - second half of that season was amazing!
2023 - need I say more! We won the flag! Had injuries galore early, but still made it happen!
Small purple patch of form from round 3 (Brisbane game) to the Freo draw. We didn't lose a game for 8 weeks!
Since then, it's L W W L L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back