Game Day Round 18 vs. Geelong, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 12/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised about Elliott, I thought he was pretty much running in the rehab program? Or has he been doing contact training and footy drills? To be fair I haven't really been up to date with training updates for a few weeks
As Jen mentioned he’s been in full training for weeks.
He’s apparently done a mini preseason.

Did anyone hear Hodge on Sen earlier tonight? Whilst I can’t stand the bloke he was actually bang on with what he was saying with the lack of pressure we have been putting on and even more concerning was the stat regarding the 400plus possessions we allow teams to get. For those that didn’t hear it was that West Coast and North Melbourne have allowed teams to get over 400 plus possessions this season 6 times, Collingwood 5 times and majority of teams either once or none at all. I know there are a lot of stats you can pick and choose but thought that was interesting and just highlights how easy it has been for teams to get those uncontested posies off us. He did mention that most teams would struggle if you took their best forwards out of any line up and acknowledged the injuries, which surprised me given his hate of pies. Will be interesting to see if this game we close down the space more and guard man rather than grass to not allow the easy possession. Go pies!! ⚫⚪⚫⚪
Can't stand Hodge, but that's pretty damning really!

yup, pretty poor.
You either all stay together and train, or leave together.
Not half half, that helps nobody.
Fly still defended this, which was disappointing. It's poor management. We're in this to win games of footy, not to have fun and games.

Bad and wrong call to have allowed it.

Ten weeks ago I thought we were told by some esteemed members of the AFL media, that Jamie's foot was about to fall off.

In that case, amazing work by our medical team to reattach it AND to have him do a not very well advertised mini pre-season.

God knows we desperately need him, even the version of Jamie who was not playing all that well early in the year. Although that may have been due to the troublesome foot.

Go well Jamie. We love you!

Could Maynard play a really close checking role on Cameron?
Too small and he goes to ground too often
Cameron is way too agile. We don't have a match up for him really. I think just see how Big Bill goes trying to wear him like a glove.

Surely a one-off situation is fine if the boys felt a little extra sun and surf would have them feeling fresh. They have trained together since last November.

They just had a bye and then had 2 days in Melbourne to prepare for a do or die top 4 clash against Essendon.

If Fly wants to bang on about connection then you'd want the whole squad knuckling down and training together, not ducking off to Byron Bay for a couple of days.

They just had a bye and then had 2 days in Melbourne to prepare for a do or die top 4 clash against Essendon.
If Fly wants to bang on about connection then you'd want the whole squad knuckling down and training together, not ducking off to Byron Bay for a couple of days.
Went to Byron Bay then got smoked - FMD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ten weeks ago I thought we were told by some esteemed members of the AFL media, that Jamie's foot was about to fall off.

In that case, amazing work by our medical team to reattach it AND to have him do a not very well advertised mini pre-season.

God knows we desperately need him, even the version of Jamie who was not playing all that well early in the year. Although that may have been due to the troublesome foot.

Go well Jamie. We love you!

Just Tom Morris doing Tom Morris things.

OUT: Mihocek
IN: Johnson (his absolute final chance - on the back of 5 in the VFL)

OUT: Markov (injury cloud and omitted on poor form)
IN: Noble (if right!!)

OUT: Quaynor (injury cloud - almost omitted on form if we had more depth)
IN: Elliot PRETTY PLEASE!!!! (WHE plays back)

OUT: Dean
IN: Sullivan (hope his VFL game has kick started him again)

Howe plays back
Ned Long gets a full game

Harvey Harrison sub

Makes complete sense then! I guess it's just the club medicos who've been downplaying (or haven't known) a return date. Almost gone from an unknown "few weeks" to most likely this week.
The medicos treat injured / ill players - it's a real job.

The media make stuff up - they get paid but not sure it's a "job" ....

Makes complete sense then! I guess it's just the club medicos who've been downplaying (or haven't known) a return date. Almost gone from an unknown "few weeks" to most likely this week.
It looks like they have been trying to tame expectations.

It might be because of the rare nature of this injury. If he was on blood thinners I wonder if there is a time that you have to wait for them to clear your system to be safe on the field?

Geelong 1.73 favourites and rightfully so. They've been in some good form the past couple of weeks with wins against Essendon and Hawthorn. And then there's the depleted team.

Without Danger their midfield looked a little bit listless. That's where they were getting exposed week in, week out after their initial start to the season. Not sure if SDK has changed that narrative there or where they've turned it around, as I haven't seen enough of their games recently.

Part of me hopes Stewart plays back, because he's the type of mid we sometimes struggle with when our tackle pressure is down. But if he plays back we need to sacrifice someone onto him, and I'm not sure anyone fits the bill? I'd consider McInnes in simply to play him close... I'm racking my brain to remember who he played on as a defensive forward earlier this year? Sicily?

We generally play them pretty well, though. Pressure needs to be through the roof.

Hard not to reward AJ after kicking 5 but the rationale behind Reef is as above.

In: Elliott, McInnes, Noble
Out: Mihocek, Dean, Markov

It looks like they have been trying to tame expectations.

It might be because of the rare nature of this injury. If he was on blood thinners I wonder if there is a time that you have to wait for them to clear your system to be safe on the field?
My wife's on blood thinners and it's out of your system pretty much the next day after you stop taking them. If she has to go to the dentist for example, they make her stop the previous day or two. Jamie had a blood clot and would've only taken thinners until the clot disappeared unless he has an ongoing coagulation problem, which I doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back