Game Day Round 18 vs. Geelong, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 12/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dean is a VFL player at best but he shouldn't have been dropped given Howe is out and they have Rohan and O. Henry

I think Dean is more than just a VFL player. It's hard to get settled when your in and out if the side every 2 weeks.
He was very stiff to be an out this week.
As l said previously, l really don't like the backline for this match...

We looked very short against Essendon last week, and with Mihocek, Howe and Dean being replaced by Reef, Elliott and Noble, we’re going to look even shorter.

No match up for him I'm assuming, given Geelong only have 2 real talls... they prob feel Moore/Frampton can take care of it.

When you get subbed out the game prior, it leaves you vulnerable to being dropped
agree - will be this. Like why he was subbed out last week. Didn't have a match up

Cameron, Henry and Rohan are all leading forwards so for me our midfield will be key to disrupting and limiting their inside 50’s. Surely Long has to be a regular rotation through the midfield Friday to help the cause.
Would be ok with McInnes and Harrison maybe chopping out on occasion too.

coz this poster needs calling out, and u know as well as most of us just scroll through his troll posts .. His bagging of Wright who singlehandely bought a great team into the club to win us a premiership proves that .. his constant bagging of schultz .. i could go on .. and btw Dean is not and never will be an afl player, cant run , has poor positioning, and cant deal with one on one .. missing 3 out of 4 traits for a defender, therefore affectionality known as a spud

Bagging of Wright?

Uh…are you getting me mixed up with someone else?

Reckon you might be

With such a short team, everything will depend on our ball movement and the quality of our disposal. Cats will have aerial supremacy, so we have to play accordingly.
Low trajectory deliveries coming in off fast ball movement will be essential.
It will be like a hot knife through butter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With such a short team, everything will depend on our ball movement and the quality of our disposal. Cats will have aerial supremacy, so we have to play accordingly.
Low trajectory deliveries coming in off fast ball movement will be essential.
How will they have aerial supremacy?
They don’t have a single defender over 195cms.
And we have two 200cm defenders.

I think they have opted to go shorter and quicker for a pressure group.

Too often last week (and previous weeks) that maniac pressure hasn't been evident and McRae highlighted conversations throught the week with the group on some honest and open wods being spoken.

The team this week while small, has the ability to close space quickly and create havoc which would work to our style only if they bring that intent

On SM-S911B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who takes Rohan then. Noble or Markov? Gulp
We might need to restrict them to 25 inside 50’s for the night after these team selections
I reckon we will win well tonight.

I think they have opted to go shorter and quicker for a pressure group.

Too often last week (and previous weeks) that maniac pressure hasn't been evident and McRae highlighted conversations throught the week with the group on some honest and open wods being spoken.

The team this week while small, has the ability to close space quickly and create havoc which would work to our style only if they bring that intent

On SM-S911B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah given Fly’s comments I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve spent a fair bit of time in front of whiteboards and video screens this week. Getting Pendles back and now Elliott gives us quality leadership across all lines and I wouldn’t be surprised if we go well with a smaller backline which mirrors our set up over the last couple of years (Howe out is big of course).

We certainly hope they do that for our sakes
Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?
So much doom and gloom.
Cheer up! This Pies team might just surprise you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back