Preview Round 19 2024 – GWS Giants vs Gold Coast Suns, Saturday July 20, 1.45pm AEST, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We look too short in the backline.
I think the match-ups are okay.

Buckley to King, Idun to Lukosius and Himmelberg to Walter is what I'm expecting.

It's sort of been Ben King or bust for GC this year. He's kicked 45 goals and their second-highest is Lukosius with just 19 and then Long with 18. I expect Perryman to get the job on Long.

I think the match-ups are okay.

Buckley to King, Idun to Lukosius and Himmelberg to Walter is what I'm expecting.

It's sort of been Ben King or bust for GC this year. He's kicked 45 goals and their second-highest is Lukosius with just 19 and then Long with 18. I expect Perryman to get the job on Long.
Agree. I think our rebound will trouble them as well.

Agree. I think our rebound will trouble them as well.
Agree, they don't have great pressure forwards to lock it in.

Great test for Buckley against one of the premiere key forwards that Taylor would normally play on.

Yep, we will leak some goals this game, but I reckon on the rebound our speed/pressure and scoring efficiency will see us be super damaging and ultimately get ahead.

As people have noted, our midfield is still a bit janky and has been all season. This is where Gold Coast are strongest too. Fingers crossed Green has turned a corner in the last two games, and continues to build synergy with Callaghan.

It'll be interesting to see how we match up at this point in time. We're bringing in a weaker team this around than we did last time we faced the Suns. If you compare our gather round team to our round 19 team the changes would look like this.

Out: Taylor, Kelly, Coniglio, Wehr, Brown
In: Fonti, Peatling, Cumming, Jones, McMullin

Bedford's new tagging role will be a point of difference as well, hoping that helps to keep their midfield under wraps.

Bedford likely to tag Anderson

The week at the Giants has been dominated by Toby Bedford's dangerous tackle charge, but with the midfield tagger now free to play against Gold Coast at Engie Stadium on Saturday, attention moves to the Suns star he'll try and quell.

Noah Anderson is the leading candidate.

"He's (Anderson) a very important player, Rowell's an important player, Flanders has been doing a great job through the middle, he'll go to one of them," Kingsley said.

"I've been really pleased with the job he's been doing, he's helping us immensely by minimising the opposition's best player. I was really pleased he was able to get through that suspension."

Centre wing is sold out for tomorrow's game, obviously the most popular seating location.

1721378758928.png

Will be interesting to see attendance tomorrow on this side of the stadium.

Perhaps they could do a couple games like this a year for our smaller drawing games if there's a strong response to the $27 adult tickets.

Channel 7 did a sports story on us this evening and did a specific ad after the story for tomorrows game being on channel 7 at 1:30pm. Good to see them finding opportunities to promote us.

Strange situation we find ourselves in. We are in the 8 (although it doesn’t feel like it) and are expected to win at home

But….

We look too short in the backline. We also look like we are lacking depth and class in the mids.

Pessimist me has us behind the 8ball before we start with the team selected. Optimist me says it won’t matter as team pressure in all three sections of the ground will win more games than individuals will
System over personnel.

They are missing as much if not more than us

Miller/ainsworth/Davies/Day/ellis/rosas/witts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm assuming this is as a result of the global IT meltdown, but the Giants App (via Ticketmaster) has logged me out and will not allow me to log back in. So no accessing 'My Tickets'.

Tried changing the password, which was accepted, but no luck.

Could be interesting tomorrow if what I think is happening is not resolved.
Ring membership tomorrow, they will sort you out.
I'm a member with the physical membership cards, how do I arrange tickets for kids for free, daughter is bringing 2 friends

I'm a member with the physical membership cards, how do I arrange tickets for kids for free, daughter is bringing 2 friends
If you're not a reserved seat member you can select two tickets for tomorrow's game on Ticketmaster.

Should be free:

1721387291303.png

Alternatively, go to the members booth outside the stadium.

Alternatively, go to the members booth outside the stadium.
Will probably have to.
Have done everything I can think of.
Uninstalled/re-installed app. Changed password. No good.
Tried via website (Chrome and Edge). No good. Changed password. Still can't login.

Was hoping the Members Team would be proactive tonight considering many use the app and My Tickets to get into the ground.

Just let members know whether all is OK and if not, what contingencies are in place.

Then again, their systems might be borked as well.

Will probably have to.
Have done everything I can think of.
Uninstalled/re-installed app. Changed password. No good.
Tried via website (Chrome and Edge). No good. Changed password. Still can't login.

Was hoping the Members Team would be proactive tonight considering many use the app and My Tickets to get into the ground.

Just let members know whether all is OK and if not, what contingencies are in place.

Then again, their systems might be borked as well.
Mine doesn't work, either. I need to transfer a ticket to a mate for tomorrow but I can't get in as it keeps looping and going no where.

It's related to the global IT outage so I will wait till tomorrow before trying again.

If you get stuck message me I’ve got 4 free tix

Plus there’s a lot of free links for tomorrow’s game - kids round, Junior Club March and members bring a friend

I can log in but the ticket itself isn’t showing. There’s no QR code and all the action buttons are greyed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back